Origins dlc installed and restoration of union cb causing massive AE intended?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Recruit
65 Badges
Aug 17, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Darkest Hour
Hi, I'm playing my first run post-patch with the new dlc as Austria.

I declared on bohemia with the restoration of union CB which I gained by completing the "secure electors" mission.

However, I noticed that taking bohemia under the union causes a few dozens of nations to join coalition against me.

I recall that this was not the case pre-patch and restoration of union CB had fixed warscore of 60 and significantly lower AE.

Is this burst in AE intended or is there something I'm failing to understand?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

restoration of union ae.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
That is unfortunate. I was looking forward to starting a new campaign on this patch right away. I like most of the changes a lot. But I was under the impression that AE-impact was going to be lowered and not increased? I like to play European majors and (nearly) all get one or more PU-CBs from missions, that are not viable with this issue right now.

While it is working as designed, the many mission trees in Europe were designed around the fact that you did NOT get so much AE in the first place.
We will address this issue for the hotfix
yeah, that's not actually the bug, what you are talking about is the balance problem:
See i spun the game up, and tried for the Austrian Union over bohemia:
111 AE, bit much, but again, not the problem, the problem is, when I release Moravia, it doesn't reduce the AE in the peace treaty, still 111.
I give land to my ally, still 111.
I take a bohemian province for myself and the Union, 121 AE.
I only take a province for myself, 10 AE.

This is not a balance thing, it's a bug - It's a bug if i receive AE for a province i do not take, and if i receive AE for a province i do take twice.
Whatever factor for X you want to balance for the math is still: AE=Dev*X, If i reduce Dev, AE needs to go down too.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So let me get this stright, when those "bug" with AE for restoration of PU was fixed, not a single employee in Paradox Tinto did no thought to see how it actually affects the game and that with this fix mission tree for Austria became usseles for the most part (major country in the game and mission tree paid content)? Like i mean it takes what, 5 minutes to chek it out?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Game is so complex now, they cant add anything without breaking the balance. Time to sort out the game and then leave it as finished.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hooray, waiting a whole week before starting any new campaigns because of the update, then as soon as its out, the one campaign I wanted to do is effectively impossible!

Heres to waiting another week :rolleyes:
Feel that. At least non European countries are playable if you disable conquest of paradise, but for most players Europe is THE area to play in

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks like the public are still doing the playtesting then.
But don't forget, we're only supposed to be playing in Africa now. The far East other than that.

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Anyone remember this?

Secondly, what nations do people play?
Here are the top 20 most played nations, by the fraction of users who play them in a given day. As you can see, some formable nations like Russia, Prussia, Spain and Great Britain are rather popular to continue playing as..

1. England 11.17%
  2. Ottomans 9.65%
  3. France 9.58%
  4. Castille 7.91%
  5. Byzantium 6.60%
  6. Austria 6.43%
  7. Custom Nation 6.41%
  8. Brandenburg 5.81%
  9. Ming 4.93%
  10. Muscowy 4.78%
  11. Portugal 4.62%
  12. Poland 3.83%
  13. Spain 3.71%
  14. Prussia 3.44%
  15. Great Britain 3.29%
  16. Russia 3.24%
  17. Sweden 3.24%
  18. Venice 2.38%
  19. Holland 2.10%
  20. Timurids 2.06%

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think this is one of those situations where the 'fix' is actually worse than the bug. Imagine if you were a new player and your reward for doing the first mission is to be put in an impossibly difficult position. You'd immediately learn that missions aren't to be trusted and aren't worth the effort. This is a shame as the missions are an amazing gameplay feature.

1636642968744.png

• 6Like
Reactions:
The whole issue here is that even if this was a bug before, a large part of the mission trees built out in Emperor revolved around PU CBs. You can't subsequently change the AE behavior on the PU CB by 'fixing' a bug when a large part of the content you've sold to your customers is balanced around that same bug.

• 18Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
The whole issue here is that even if this was a bug before, a large part of the mission trees built out in Emperor revolved around PU CBs. You can't subsequently change the AE behavior on the PU CB by 'fixing' a bug when a large part of the content you've sold to your customers is balanced around that same bug.

This is a very good point.

• 1Like
Reactions: