• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Radbod

In Betear
46 Badges
Nov 21, 2003
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
How can this ever be a victory?
ScreenSave1.jpg

My fleet probably wanted to flee, but they were busy creating artificial reefs.

I've reduced the amount of damage inflicted during naval battles to avoid battles in which entire fleets are wiped out. It makes the naval aspect of the game so much more enjoyable. No more Battles of Savo Island but more Jutlands.

I've reduced the amount of damage inflicted during naval battles to avoid battles in which entire fleets are wiped out. It makes the naval aspect of the game so much more enjoyable. No more Battles of Savo Island but more Jutlands.
Sounds like a good idea. What values do you use?

Sounds like a good idea. What values do you use?
I did it so long ago, I'll have to go in and check. They're all in the misc. file. I also reduced the effect of planes against ships while increasing ship AA defense against planes. No more uber-naval bombers wiping out fleets.

I did it so long ago, I'll have to go in and check. They're all in the misc. file. I also reduced the effect of planes against ships while increasing ship AA defense against planes. No more uber-naval bombers wiping out fleets.
I've adjusted the things below. I'm curious what the effect will be.

# Air vs. Navy - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR damage naval unit takes from air units [multiplier]

# Navy vs. Air - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR damage air unit takes from naval units [multiplier]

# Navy vs. Navy - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR damage naval unit takes from other naval units [multiplier]

Reactions:
I've adjusted the things below. I'm curious what the effect will be.

# Air vs. Navy - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR damage naval unit takes from air units [multiplier]

# Navy vs. Air - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR damage air unit takes from naval units [multiplier]

# Navy vs. Navy - Str dmg - Increasing this will increase STR damage naval unit takes from other naval units [multiplier]

Yep, those are the ones I adjusted. I also increased Org damage for Navy vs. Air. You might find it frustrating at first because you'll have a lot of engagements where no ships are sunk, but chasing the enemy away from contested waters is just as effective as wiping out his fleet. Plus, if you lose, you don't lose all your nice shiny new BBs to a CTF in a 4 hour engagement.

Yep, those are the ones I adjusted. I also increased Org damage for Navy vs. Air. You might find it frustrating at first because you'll have a lot of engagements where no ships are sunk, but chasing the enemy away from contested waters is just as effective as wiping out his fleet. Plus, if you lose, you don't lose all your nice shiny new BBs to a CTF in a 4 hour engagement.
Thanks!