• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Partly because of CK3, I saw that HIP subforum became quiet and I saw that almost everyone was moving over to CK3. Also very quickly I've started hearing about China mods being in progress.

Partly because my research for Korea was going badly. The primary sources for Korea for that period were greatly devoid of detail to the point that my setup was no better than that of Umbra Spherae or Tianxia, to the point that I would have to make up counts and dukes. I had the idea to research genealogical records of great aristocratic families of Korea and hand out the provinces to them. However, that was also a massive amount of work, as often families had multiple geneaological books extant and often they weren't in agreement with each other and the more modern edition, the more obviously it was doctored.

Another thing is, I was going at it for well over a year, working on it almost every day. Due to pandemic I've had almost nothing to do at the office, so most of the day I spent it at modding. After all that time, and with no end in sight I was really burned out. I've had 2 or 3 persons offering help with research, but their help never materialised.

Also I was a bit fed up with CK at that point. I didn't touch CK2/CK3 at all until this month.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Hi King. I owe you something, don't I? :p Sorry I disappeared suddenly. Maybe soon I'll get around to doing something with Tibet as I promised..

Yeah, I needed that. The moment I stopped modding I started learning Korean.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks for your reply:)! Sorry to hear that you had those struggles with the game and research, and I hope you feel better after your break. Also, I really hope that you continue with your work on this mod!! I personally have no desire to transfer over to CK3. CK2 is, in my opinion, a much better and more complete game (especially with mods). Maybe in the future I might move over, but that is probably a year or two down the line. Anyway, even if you cannot continue working on mod I am still thankful for all you have done thus far. This is one of my favorite mods for CK2!

Hi Guys. Actually, I started working a bit on 1066 bookmark, as I have some free time and will to work on it a bit. Though, chances are my will won't last if PDS announces China dlc for CK3 at the upcoming PDXcon.
So, don't get you hopes up.

I'm not yet sure what to do with Korea and SEA, but I want to have them in if the release is going to happen. So, likely I won't be creating ficional vassals and just give all the provinces to the kings. But we will see.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi Guys. Actually, I started working a bit on 1066 bookmark, as I have some free time and will to work on it a bit. Though, chances are my will won't last if PDS announces China dlc for CK3 at the upcoming PDXcon.
So, don't get you hopes up.

I'm not yet sure what to do with Korea and SEA, but I want to have them in if the release is going to happen. So, likely I won't be creating ficional vassals and just give all the provinces to the kings. But we will see.

I sure hope they don't announce China as a first DLC when the games missing so many CK2 features lol

I guess I never posted my take on Korea.
Vxp3DWm.jpg

3RunEnc.jpg

DOp882k.jpg

As there hasn't been a China dlc announcement, I'm going to keep working on the mod. The progress is quite slow unfortunately, as 1066 bookmark is riddled with quite eminent characters from Song history or their family members.
Over last 3 days I've been adding Pucheng Zhang clan (蒲城章氏) of which known characters include Zhang Dexiang 章得像, Zhang Heng 章衡, Zhang Yi 章誼, Zhang Jie 章楶, Zhang Dun 章惇 and their common ancestor Zhang Zijun 章仔鈞.
Before that I've been adding Jinling Hu clan (晉陵胡氏) to which belonged Hu Tanglao 胡唐老, Hu Shijing 胡世將, Hu Conghui 胡宗回, and Hu Su 胡宿.
Even earlier I've been adding Xianyou Cai clan (仙遊蔡氏) with Cai Bian 蔡卞, Cai Jing 蔡京, Cai Kan 蔡戡, and Cai Xiang 蔡襄.

Though the worst thing is the expansion of Pencheng Liu clan (descendants of Han dynasty Emperors) with the branch descendant from Liu Jiao (劉交), younger brother of the Liu Bang. His descendants include Liu Song dynasty. The funny thing is, right now I have Liu Song, Southern Liang, Southern Qi, Southern Chen dynasties, and also Northern Wei. It would be less time consuming to make a Northern-Southern dynasties mod than 1066 bookmark. XD

• 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Thank you so very much :D! As Mechl said, Ck3 is missing quite a few features. For one thing, trade is missing completely. For another, the combat seems somewhat downgraded, and I am not a huge fan of the fact that Paradox seems to be trying resell us features. The upcoming Royal Court DLC, with its culture melting pots (or whatever else you might call them) and minor court positions, comes to mind.

Reactions:
Status raport:
hXNhgct.jpg

Things are slowly moving forward. Back when I was working on 867-960 bookmarks I was going top-down, focusing on adding first and foremost duchy level titles. This approached worked for warlord era of Five Dynasties because Jiedushi were the major actors of the period and because I had large timeline to cover.

As this time I'm focusing on one bookmark I decided to start from the county level rulers. At this point I've finished Zhejiang, Jiangxi and Huainan and currently I'm working on Hebei. Unfortunately, the sources I'm using don't cover all the provinces I have, so those will be left for the Emperor.

PS. Don't mind the flags, it seems I forgot to supply gfx files when I was adding new titles.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Hi man!

I know you put a lot of work on this CK2 mod, however, despite lacking many features that CK2 got over the years, CK3 still feels like a real improvement and I was wondering if you had any plans on moving your project to CK3? It's a fresh game with a bright future. I also started making a major mod there instead of in CK2.

I would really love to play in the far east in CK3 but anything on offer right now is not as good as what you have here.

I considered moving to CK3, but to be honest I don't want to do this alone. 99% of my is character and title history and the code for it is identical for CK2 and CK3, to the point that porting it would take no time at all. The only issue that would need to be taken care of is localisation of names, but give it a week or two and it would be done.

But the problem is, the most often asked question about my mod is what kind of special features/flavour for China I would be making. And to be honest, I don't really like working on those. Last weeks I spent most of my free time researching historical characters, their families and ancestors. And I love doing that. But writing events? Or making balances gameplay mechanics? I'm so bad at that.

In CK2 my biggest competition is Tianxia of course. And while in my subjective opinion my representation of China and Mongolia is more historical, when it comes to flavour and gameplay I'm completely outmatched. In CK3 there's a mod made by @Li Xianzong, there's another one here. For my mod to make sense, it would need to have features that those two mods don't have. I wouldn't mind joining hands with other modder to make a better mod, but alone? I'd rather just keep expanding this one.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Ok, so soon after the above post I received an offer of partnership which I accepted and over last months I dully worked on porting all the character and title files from CK2 into CK3.

The effect can be seen at Oriental Empires. The mod pimarily done in Chinese, but almost everything is localised in English. The mod sport several unique features like Imperial Court, new contracts, state corruption and the 907 bookmark. All the features are not done by me, they are the work of talended Chinese modders, with me working primarily on researching and adding new characters. In the near future on my part I want to finish 1066 bookmark and we also want to expand the map into Japan.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Hello, I'm interessted in this mod and love China very much, and also I hate CK3 with a burning passion. Is this mod version final and there won't be any updates for CK2 at all or will you be able to retrofit something into the CK2 version from your CK3 work?

Reactions:
Hello, I'm interessted in this mod and love China very much, and also I hate CK3 with a burning passion. Is this mod version final and there won't be any updates for CK2 at all or will you be able to retrofit something into the CK2 version from your CK3 work?
It would be hard as I have barely enough free time to work on CK3. So 1.0.5 should be considered final.

Reactions:
Hi, I am sorry for reopening this thread but I was wondering, are there any plans for potential future updates or there will be absolutely no future developments?
Not for CK2 unfortunately. Last 1,5 year I've been working with Chinese modders on Oriental Empires mod for CK3. It is far more advances mod than mine was, with much more Chinese flavour added and finished 979, 1032, 1066, 1121 bookmarks while I'm currently working on 1134. If you have CK3, even without DLCs, I recommend you check it out.

Unfortuntately, character research is akin to full time job and it takes me months to finish one bookmark just for China for one game. Converting the code from CK3 into CK2 would take too much time out of my schedule.

Reactions: