Europa Universalis IV: Origins Immersion Pack Releases on November 11

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
19 October 2021 - STOCKHOLM - The gold of Zimbabwe. The ivory of Central Africa. The great city of Timbuktu. The temples of Ethiopia. Africa is the birthplace of humanity and a land of untold wealth and variety. Rediscover and rewrite the history of the continent in a new immersion pack for Europa Universalis IV, coming 11 November 2021. It will be available for the suggested retail price of $9.99/£7.19 / € 9.99.

In Europa Universalis IV: Origins, new African missions add greater variety and new goals for some of Africa’s most powerful and interesting nations. The fading giant of Mali, the holy hills of Ethiopia and the African trade centers of the Indian Ocean are given new depth and richer context.

The Europa Universalis IV: Origins immersion pack adds:

• Jewish Religion: The Ethiopian Jews of Beta Israel are included, and Jewish nations can choose from nine religious characteristics to accentuate their national strengths, with new flavor events.
  • Missions for Mali: Halt the decline of West Africa’s greatest medieval empire and reassert control of former vassals.
  • Missions for Songhai: Develop your provinces and claim the mantles of Mali and Timbuktu as the new rising power.
  • Missions for Kongo: Unite the peoples of the Congo River and confront the growing European threat.
  • Missions for Ethiopia: Ensure religious unity and prestige in the Kingdom of Solomon while unifying the nations of the African Horn. Also adds the noble Ç̌äwa regiments.
  • Missions for Ajuuraan: Control Indian Ocean trade and bring water to your desert provinces.
  • Missions for Kilwa: Focus on naval economic power, establishing a colonial empire across the seas.
  • Missions for Mutapa: Build on the legacy of the founders of Great Zimbabwe and exploit the riches of South Africa to dominate trade.
  • Minor Mission Additions: New mission options for Jolof, Mossi, Hausa, Oyo and Adal.
  • New Regional Mission Trees: New Missions for minor powers in Central, East and West Africa, and the African Horn, as well as new estate privileges for many nations and regions.
  • New Army Sprites: 4 new army sprites each for Congo, Great Lakes, Southern Africa and Bantu nations
  • Two New Missionary models: African Coptic and African Fetishist missionary animations added.
  • New Music: 12 minutes of new West African themed music, and 12 minutes of new East African themed music.

As usual, the release of Europa Universalis IV: Origins will be accompanied by a major update, free for all EU4 players.

Wishlist it today

• 71Like
  • 21Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Three DDs, so Jewish stuff, achievements and patch notes still to go, I guess.

Hoping for a lot of achievements after a disappointing amount with Leviathan :p

• 4Like
Reactions:
Three DDs, so Jewish stuff, achievements and patch notes still to go, I guess.

Hoping for a lot of achievements after a disappointing amount with Leviathan :p

yes there will be a fair bit more.

• 18Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
What. Let me see if I got it right. All this pack adds is 7 mission trees, 5 small mission trees, 4 regional small trees, a unit pack, OST and a mechanic for the most irrelevant religion in the base game.

10 Dollars for this? Really?

• 41Like
  • 5Haha
Reactions:
What. Let me see if I got it right. All this pack adds is 7 mission trees, 5 small mission trees, 4 regional small trees, a unit pack, OST and a mechanic for the most irrelevant religion in the base game.

If we had sold it seperately like a few years ago.

2 music packs.. 1.99$ x 2
1 unit pack 1.99$
new mechanics + missions.. 5.99$

total price: 11.98$

These days we bundle and reduce the price instead.

• 49Like
  • 9Haha
Reactions:
  • 20Like
  • 8Love
Reactions:

optional

adjective

available to be chosen but not obligatory.

Just posting the definition of optional here in case you forgot it

• 23Like
  • 6Haha
Reactions:

tbf, you're also paying for the last ~6 months of their development time which includes the free patch for every player that is not buying the dlc. You don't need to buy it, it's only an immersion pack. If that doesn't fit your "fun per dollar" expectation then don't get it and enjoy the free patch.

• 12Like
Reactions:
Really excited for this but is there any plan to add a system for the boer republic or on map trade companies (British India) so the end game can line up with Victoria?

• 3Like
Reactions: