• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless. THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, also Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add EU4.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have installed RivaTuner, RadeonPro, or a gaming VPN app called Evolve, or the MSI Gaming App, or Duet, disable it as it clashes with this game.

IF that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

I've got the same issue. I downloaded and attempted to install all the C++ files. Here is a screenshot showing the ones I have installed:
I downloaded and extracted the DirectX file and ran dxsetup.exe.
I use Windows Defender, and don't have the ransomware protection toggled on. I had to toggle it on in order to go in and add eu4.exe to the allowed apps. But then I still toggled the ransomware protection off.
When I launch from the paradox launcher, it shows a red icon and says error. When I launch from eu4.exe directly, it opens an invisible overlay that prevents clicking on the screen, and the eu4 program shows on the task bar, but no game client shows on the screen (i.e. the game fails to launch). Also, it says Not Responding in task manager.

Attached is my dxdiag printout, pdx_settings.txt, and system.log. There does not exist a settings.txt in the location specified. Also, error.log is 0kb and is an empty file, so it won't let me attach it here.

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    298 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    2 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    136,1 KB · Views: 0
Update:

Launching the Epic Games program as admin overcomes the red icon and error that was showing before, however, now it fails to launch in the same way as running eu4.exe directly. The game client never shows on screen, only an invisible overlay that prevents clicking. The process must be ended in Task Manager since it is Not Responding.

Attached are the log files, however there is a 0kb log file in the same folder called "launcher-2021-10-03.log" which cannot be attached because it is an empty file.

I replaced my username with "username" in the logs.

Attachments

• cpatch.log
    18,4 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-bootstrapper.log
    1,5 KB · Views: 0
  • launcher-dowser.log
    353 bytes · Views: 0
After nearly 10 hours of troubleshooting, I GOT IT WORKING!!!!

After all the stuff I explained that I did in previous posts, the thing that finally fixed it was to set it to borderless fullscreen.

After nearly 10 hours of troubleshooting, I GOT IT WORKING!!!!

After all the stuff I explained that I did in previous posts, the thing that finally fixed it was to set it to borderless fullscreen.
Exactly as I said in post #3 above?

i tried doing what you said but it didn't work.
Erm, what? The first thing I said in post #3 was to try borderless display mode, which you now say fixed your problem .. ?!?

Erm, what? The first thing I said in post #3 was to try borderless display mode, which you now say fixed your problem .. ?!?
nooooo I said that i tried everything you said but it didn't work. I believe that I am doing something wrong. I am asking if there is any video tutorial that shows extaclly how to fix the launcher using the ways you are telling me

I have the same problem, tried everything above also with the borderles window and the game don't start, it just says game coultn't start". I'm also on epic eauncher.
Ok, I fixed it. I tried first to repair Microsoft visuals c++ 2015 and it did not work, then i did reinstall it and it fixed the problem.

Hi,
All points listed above have been implemented.
Unfortunately, I still have the same error message in the game launcher.

Below files do not exist:
Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt
Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/system.log , error.log.

Please provide some further hints.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    121,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Paradox Launcher.png
    Paradox Launcher.png
    169,2 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    309 bytes · Views: 0
Please update that nVidia driver to October 2021:

If that doesn't help please exit the Steam or EPic apps entirely then run eu4.exe directly from File Explorer. What happens then?

Issue has been solved.
NIVIDA driver was updated.
Error was a missing file vcruntime140_1.dll.
Full uninstall of all C++ redistibute packages and installation of the two you have mentioned above did the trick.
Now game launches without any issues.

Thank you for the support.

My game doesn't work either.
It used to work well on another laptop I have, but ever since I change to this one, the game hasn't work even once.
And I tried all these, just don't work for me.

My game doesn't work either.
It used to work well on another laptop I have, but ever since I change to this one, the game hasn't work even once.
And I tried all these, just don't work for me.
In future please make your own new thread, don't re-open old ones like this. The game has changed quite a bit since 2021.

If you have done everything in post #3 above, please provide the files I ask for there.

Then run eu4.exe directly from file explorer. Do you get a Windows error then, or what happens exactly?

When I ran it from file explorer, it showed up in task manager for a second, then disappeared.
And there's no folder call "logs" in Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4. No settings.txt either.
Here's pdx_settings.txt and DXDIAG.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    136,8 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    249 bytes · Views: 0