• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
so when is that coming out? i don't keep up a lot with the game, just mostly when this feature is coming out
It has not been forgotten, it'll be in the 1.5 Royal Court patch (1.5 used to be called 1.4 before we did the Azure patch if you look through historical dev answers and get confused as to the numbers) as was stated before. And the concubine change was moved to being softcoded in 1.4 Azure already.

Nothing has been posted in this thread since then because there isn't really more to add, it is coming in 1.5 and until 1.5 is released not much to update y'all on.

It is not going to get a unique patch, that is not feasible for anything larger than a critical hotifx in general.
The process of releasing a patch is more than just pushing a button with a change in it. We've got to explicitly back track to a version of 1.4 and then to pull in all the variety of code and content changes made to support something as well as then test that specific version across multiple builds and distribution platforms, which when not already planned for is not great to try and retroactively do as all of that takes time.

Reactions:
It has not been forgotten, it'll be in the 1.5 Royal Court patch
If this is confirmed, will you also unban WaffleIroner since from what I know (or more precisely from what others told me) he was banned because of his own mod/patch of this problem. Or maybe there was something else leading to this decision, at which point I want, or maybe even demand an explanation

• 6Like
Reactions:
If this is confirmed, will you also unban WaffleIroner since from what I know (or more precisely from what others told me) he was banned because of his own mod/patch of this problem. Or maybe there was something else leading to this decision, at which point I want, or maybe even demand an explanation
It was for that reason, or specifically because he went deeper into the code than mods are allowed to, which they apparently deemed worthy of a total ban regardless of lack of malicious intent or the fact that his code wasn't being used for harm.

However, discussion of modding actions is apparently completely forbidden on these forums. It got several pages of this thread completely deleted without notice back during the explosion. Your post -- and mine, for replying to it -- may well be deleted simply because we mentioned the fact that a mod took action.

I have my own opinions of this policy (which is one reason I'm still not eager to come back to Paradox), but I wanted to at least mention it so some people can be informed of it if they catch it before deletion. It's an easily-overlooked part of the forum rules, and people keep tripping over it because nobody can tell them about it.

Reactions:
Guys, no offense, but there is no need to relight fires on this thread. Blackninja was respectful enough to reply, so I think it's more productive if we wait for the next patch instead of restarting previously disallowed discussions.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I do not run the forums as a moderator or administrator so can not ban or unban people regardless, so not a question for me.
I would suspect it highly unlikely to be changed though, as Troy posted at the time, that user was banned because they violated the Terms of Service by releasing a modified version of the executable not because of the contents they say they changed in it. Here is what he said initially to explain why:
As for the removal of the “unofficial patch” around this change, any mod that directly modifies ck3.exe is strictly against our rules, and the ToS says as much. We simply cannot allow exe files to be distributed on our forum or any of our other community channels for a number of reasons, but primarily because they can’t be verified for security. There are bad actors out there and an unverified exe could have malware, datamining, keyloggers, or any number of ugly surprises, so regardless of what the content may actually be, they’re banned on sight. This has absolutely nothing to do with how any of us at Paradox feel about what a modder may have created or whether we agree with their intentions. No exe mods, period.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It has not been forgotten, it'll be in the 1.5 Royal Court patch (1.5 used to be called 1.4 before we did the Azure patch if you look through historical dev answers and get confused as to the numbers) as was stated before. And the concubine change was moved to being softcoded in 1.4 Azure already.

Nothing has been posted in this thread since then because there isn't really more to add, it is coming in 1.5 and until 1.5 is released not much to update y'all on.

It is not going to get a unique patch, that is not feasible for anything larger than a critical hotifx in general.
The process of releasing a patch is more than just pushing a button with a change in it. We've got to explicitly back track to a version of 1.4 and then to pull in all the variety of code and content changes made to support something as well as then test that specific version across multiple builds and distribution platforms, which when not already planned for is not great to try and retroactively do as all of that takes time.
This is awesome to hear. I am looking forward to booting the game up again and playing more when these options get modded in.

Reactions:
I'm not one to poke at wasp nests usually, but I do feel it is important to keep on record, that at no point in time, was there any actual exe file distributed, merely a 390-Byte blob of diff data. A small distinction, maybe, but an important one, nonetheless.

Either way, I am very happy to hear that this thread will soon hopefully lose its raison d'être.

Reactions:
Damn, I hoped that the same sex marriage feature could be possible in late summer.. I won't have personal time to play CK3 after this month :( SAD.
Anyway! Thanks for the update, Paradox! I'm glad that we are not left in dark.

Reactions:
The royal court looks pretty big and we definitely still have at least 4 DD's left to go. A lot is not very clear yet.

I think it'll be a bit before we get this patch.

Not to be an apologist but if it's in it's in. It's more of a matter of paradox's patching schedule than anything else. We'll forget about the wait by next year I'm sure lol.

I really hope the promise about the 1.5 patch will be fulfilled. I've been waiting for such a long time. Back in 2020 I modded in for myself a custom religion that allowed same-sex concubinage and other not-very-Christian stuff, it was very fun to play with and to create an alt-history epic. The only thing missing was the same-sex marriage feature, so I decided to wait. Luckily I already stopped playing when the issue with breaking concubinage mods arose, or I would be sooo bummed :'D Hopefully the devs figured out how to make this work, are adding the feature in the next update and I (and other people who are waiting) can finally get back to this great game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hopefully. It's the one-year anniversary of the game (in fact, the thirteen month mark, but evidently the dev team wants us to think of it as just a year), and the issue is in exactly the same place it was at launch, after more-or-less recovering from a backslide halfway through. I can understand how Covid slowed things down, but with reports of gender discrimination and general mistreatment coming out of the company, with the unions saying the complaints are valid, I can't help but think there's a lot of deeper problems at Paradox, and wonder if the low priority they've evidently been giving this issue is a symptom.

I hope they can get this sorted out for the benefit of everyone who's still playing, but it's probably too late for me -- they've lost me as a customer unless I hear of major reforms in the company and the unions give them the all clear.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hope they can get this sorted out for the benefit of everyone who's still playing, but it's probably too late for me -- (...)
And yet you come back from time to time to announce that you won't play the game, or pay for any expansions in the forseeable future. Please don't bloat this thread with comment like this. It is long enough if somebody (like I was a while ago) wants to read through it, to understand what the situation is now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And yet you come back from time to time to announce that you won't play the game, or pay for any expansions in the forseeable future. Please don't bloat this thread with comment like this. It is long enough if somebody (like I was a while ago) wants to read through it, to understand what the situation is now.
He said, bloating the thread with further comments (and inspiring additional comments like this one to further bloat it).

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't think keeping this thread active, and on the front page of the mod sub-forum is a bad thing. It's a reminder for Paradox that we're still here, still waiting.

Reactions:
Seems like an odd thing for historical grand strategy fans to focus on. Especially considering the missing content from CK2 - the Byzantines Empire is still largely undifferentiated from the HRE, etc. Base game needs lots of work still. If it's an easy fix - then great. But I do hope this doesn't detract from greatly needed improvements for the base game and target demo

Reactions:
I've been dropping by the forum to follow dev diaries for games I'd been thinking of coming back to (Victoria 3 looked pretty darned interesting, and while Stellaris has never been the best of strategy games I've always enjoyed the story content). That's going to be tapering off now, but while I've been doing so I've naturally been keeping track of the thread addressing the issue I've been most interested in and occasionally participating.
Seems like an odd thing for historical grand strategy fans to focus on. Especially considering the missing content from CK2 - the Byzantines Empire is still largely undifferentiated from the HRE, etc. Base game needs lots of work still. If it's an easy fix - then great. But I do hope this doesn't detract from greatly needed improvements for the base game and target demo
There are multiple different target demographics for the game. There's always been a strong role-play component to the Crusader Kings series, and some people like getting engrossed in the interpersonal relationships and the traits and personality of their ruler. People who enjoy that are just as core a demographic to the game as people who enjoy map-painting or vassal management. A more pure strategy game like EU4 or HOI2 might not need this sort of thing, agreed, but if you're going to put in things like being able to set your religion's attitude towards homosexuality, or go into weirder territory like incest or ritual cannibalism or mandatory nudism, this isn't a huge stretch to want.

Reactions:
I've been dropping by the forum to follow dev diaries for games I'd been thinking of coming back to (Victoria 3 looked pretty darned interesting, and while Stellaris has never been the best of strategy games I've always enjoyed the story content). That's going to be tapering off now, but while I've been doing so I've naturally been keeping track of the thread addressing the issue I've been most interested in and occasionally participating.

There are multiple different target demographics for the game. There's always been a strong role-play component to the Crusader Kings series, and some people like getting engrossed in the interpersonal relationships and the traits and personality of their ruler. People who enjoy that are just as core a demographic to the game as people who enjoy map-painting or vassal management. A more pure strategy game like EU4 or HOI2 might not need this sort of thing, agreed, but if you're going to put in things like being able to set your religion's attitude towards homosexuality, or go into weirder territory like incest or ritual cannibalism or mandatory nudism, this isn't a huge stretch to want.
Yes it's an rpg but that has no bearing on what I said. The base game is incomplete. It is not a relationship simulator it is a medieval ruler simulator.
Again - no problem with having this option. But if it is hard coded and takes time - not a priority. If we were playing a dating game, etc. then of course my comments would not apply.
The lack of Constantinople is a greater loss than being unable to change the portrait image of a sex partner.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I second that. CK has always been special with its focus on personality. I enjoy both map-painting and following the personal stories of rulers, it's rather unfair to assume one aspect should have more priority in the development than the other. And remembering how satisfying is to see all your core vassal's opinions in green... yeah, in a way the game is a relationship simulator :D
Besides, it's not even the new content the people in the thread are asking for. Just the removal of hard-coded restriction, which already was not in CK2 and it worked.

• 2Like
Reactions: