• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Helrinn

Private
22 Badges
Sep 24, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hey guys.
Due to some crashes in STEAM I had to uninstall the entire program (including games) and reinstall. I have always played EU4, HOI4, CK3 without any bottleneck problem but after this reinstallation I couldn't play anymore.
I've already done the steps of uninstalling the entire game (including Paradox others), reinstalling and everything else.
I have already updated my graphics card driver to the latest one.

What's happening now is that at the very beginning of the game, regardless of which country I take, it's no more than 12 FPS. Time passes extremely slowly. Every month (first day) he has a big crash. Troop movement is "bottleneck". All tabs give small locks when I click.

I don't know what else to do to try to fix this problem.
If you want to see a video of what happened, I can publish 2 links from my lives, if possible: 1 with the game before formatting steam 1 later (with lags and bottlenecks)

Attached is the DXDIAG retrieved today.
Hope you help me!
Please help me!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    98,9 KB · Views: 0
I just tried other games and they are normal. Apparently my problem is with Paradox games.
Including Surviving Mars? Because that game is entirely different from the others you list above.

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Including Surviving Mars? Because that game is entirely different from the others you list above.

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log , exceptions.log

Hnm.. i really dont try it in surviving.

Here is:
DXDIAG
Settings.txt
System.txt
Error.txt

and dont have the exceptions.log

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    98,5 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5,7 KB · Views: 0
I don't see any reason for this in those files.

This was only a Steam reinstall, not the whole of Windows?

Did you also delete the Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/ folders of all those games?

What antivirus app do you use? Have you added all these games' .exe files to its exceptions lists?

Did you also delete the Documents/Paradox Interactive/EU4/ folders of all those games?

What antivirus app do you use? Have you added all these games' .exe files to its exceptions lists?

Only Steam reinstall.
When i unistall STEAM i exclude all documents/paradox interactive eu4 and others games folders.
I have no antivirus. Used IOBit unistaller to delete all steam folders and erase some system registry so i delete this program too.

=/

i tried to play right now.
FPS 9. Slowly pass time, breaking in month pass..
no way to play.

How can I remove and delete the entire Paradox system registry and its launcher?
Does Paradox use any specific driver to boot?

How can I remove and delete the entire Paradox system registry and its launcher?
We don't provide any way of cleaning out the registry, sorry. All you can really do is search it for the game and launcher. You may find that apps like Ccleaner and Revo Uninstaller can do that for you.

Does Paradox use any specific driver to boot?
I don't really know what you mean by this. Our games use the video driver of course.

When i unistall STEAM i exclude all documents/paradox interactive eu4 and others games folders.
I
When you say "exclude" you mean you did not delete them? Or you did?

I have no antivirus.
Then Windows Defender is active. Go into its Ransomware-Controlled Folder Access feature and make sure eu4.exe and paradox launcher.exe at least are in the Apps Allowed Through list there.

I think I will reinstall the game again with CCleanner.

Yes, games use driver but is there a specific driver for eu4?

Yesterday I played HOI4 and it opened with less lag. I tried to do the same with EU4 but couldn't.

Yes, when I say exclude I mean delete. Deleted all records with OIBit program.

Strangely, EU4 and Paradox Launcher were not on the list of programs allowed by Windows Defender.
I have included the .exes from these two programs and have tested them now.
Result: Game keeps passing at 9 FPS and crashing a lot in the passage of the month. Troops totally locked.

Yes, games use driver but is there a specific driver for eu4?
What kind of driver are you referring to here, a video driver? This game will use whatever one you have install in Windows, there is no specific one for specific games.

Strangely, EU4 and Paradox Launcher were not on the list of programs allowed by Windows Defender.
I have included the .exes from these two programs and have tested them now.
Sometimes people add them to the firewall section of WD instead of the Ransomware section - there's no harm if having them excepted in both places!

If you still get this problem after Ccleaner and a clean reinstall, please attach new copies of all the files we looked at above, thanks. AND install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here too, thanks.

What kind of driver are you referring to here, a video driver? This game will use whatever one you have install in Windows, there is no specific one for specific games.

Sometimes people add them to the firewall section of WD instead of the Ransomware section - there's no harm if having them excepted in both places!

If you still get this problem after Ccleaner and a clean reinstall, please attach new copies of all the files we looked at above, thanks. AND install and run the free utility Speccy. Send its output to a text file and attach that here too, thanks.

I will do it all and post the result here tomorrow.
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much.

I uninstalled EU4 again, cleaned it with CCleanner, deleted the local files and reinstalled.
The game keeps crashing too much, it's unplayable compared to what I played before.
I'm attaching the files here:

DxDiag
Speccy
Settings
Pdx_Settings
System
Error

I think I now have the ERROR file with some new information!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    97,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Speccy.txt
    221,2 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,1 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    259 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5,7 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    9 KB · Views: 0
Did you check in the launcher if there are no active mods(especially in the playsets section)? I think some of the messages from your error log don't happen in the unmodded game in version 1.31.5.2 (e.g. "Missing Button 'quick_refresh'" and "Calling random inside forbidden area[...]envoys.cpp" and you are missing some messages which do happen("Parsing Error. File: "history/provinces/2585 - Kichesipi.txt", Error: Malformed token: NO"). The launcher might have activated all installed mods after the reinstall.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

Did you check in the launcher if there are no active mods(especially in the playsets section)? I think some of the messages from your error log don't happen in the unmodded game in version 1.31.5.2 (e.g. "Missing Button 'quick_refresh'" and "Calling random inside forbidden area[...]envoys.cpp" and you are missing some messages which do happen("Parsing Error. File: "history/provinces/2585 - Kichesipi.txt", Error: Malformed token: NO"). The launcher might have activated all installed mods after the reinstall.

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.
Hello grotaclas, first thank you for help.
I dont use mods for EU4, only Hoi4.
Actually i open the launcher and see in the "mod" menu this message: Enhance your gaming experience with mods.
I really didint know why are missing some buttons.

Again, thank you for help.

Hello grotaclas, first thank you for help.
I dont use mods for EU4, only Hoi4.
Actually i open the launcher and see in the "mod" menu this message: Enhance your gaming experience with mods.
I really didint know why are missing some buttons.

Again, thank you for help.
If you get that message in the launcher, you have no mods. But maybe there is something else which modifies your installation. Which version and checksum is shown in the main menu of the game(the one in the launcher doesn't count)?

Try unloading this utility:
C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite III\AISuite3.exe
as I've seen it cause problems with our games.

That aside I agree with grotaclas , you seem to have a corrupted game installation despite the attempted clean reinstall. Did you make 100% sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again?

If you get that message in the launcher, you have no mods. But maybe there is something else which modifies your installation. Which version and checksum is shown in the main menu of the game(the one in the launcher doesn't count)?
Try unloading this utility:

as I've seen it cause problems with our games.

That aside I agree with grotaclas , you seem to have a corrupted game installation despite the attempted clean reinstall. Did you make 100% sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam EU4 or Documents EU4 locations, before installing again?

I'll try full unistall again.
Im installing the game with Epicgames now (it become free) and i'll test. Let's see what happen.
If doesnt work, i'll try unload the ALSuite3 - its an MOBA program.. but lets see. Thanks for now.
When i finish tests i put here the result.

Guys, thank you very much!

Ok guys, I installed the games by Steam (I redid the entire installation) and by Epic.
By steam I get the game at 9 FPS.
By epic, it's at 20+ FPS (not the same as before but at least it's not crashing)
Apparently the problem is, in fact, in steam!
What could I send here to try to identify the problem?
Note: I have not disabled the ASUS program in any test.

Hello man.
I made the full reinstall again and having insues with the HOI4 too.

I try remove the AI Suite3 from windows bot without sucess. Its a mainboard program and need some advanced skill to remove/update but i guess is not that making lagging in the games because the game starts and run in Epic.

In Epic and Steam is the same version of the game: EU4 v1.31.6.0 Majapahit (157c) and using the launcher 2021.8-rc.3

1633178864113.png

1633178923554.png