• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about Refuge? it's a place where travelers may halt when elements get worse, such as shadow storms or shifting ground events. It's why you can find high tier SE (and a few Draconians). In this case, perhaps add a bit of fortification (if possible).

In both cases, perhaps a shroud of shadow effect? Perhpas alter the roof a little so that it is less a gothic/med inn and more an elven one.

I added a new recruitment structure.

At this stage, it's not properly set up with correct units and defenders.

Shadow Inn and description is just temporary but linked in the xlm file.

20210217192431_1.jpg
20210217193427_1.jpg
20210217193418_1.jpg

Description text:

I would add but one word to further explain that these troops are (obviously) mercenaries:
"From time to time, non enlisted survivors of..."

Graphics:

Isn't the "beacon of light" light effect too much intense?
I'd (rather/also) have a stronger inner light coming out of the windows, as if a populated building in the night.

We can add the Shadow Wand. A staff of use?

From the Wikia:
  • Items​

No new item are planned.
    However, here is an idea to take advantage of 2 new abilities added to the mod but (almost) unused so far:
Shadow Wand.png

So does everyone agree to also give Shadow Walker to all Incorporeals?

EDIT: also, do we agree that Elder creatures (Lost Privateer etc.) all get Shadow Walker? They are built on the Shadow layer through the Forgotten Thrones, so that would be weird if they didn't. / EDIT

Meanwhile, I'm confirming this:

Could someone please implement it in the mod tool? I'm updating the Wiki.

Still waiting for comments and answers on the topics I listed in my previous posts on this page 15 of the thread.
I'm on it. To implement it in mod tool. I will add elder units to the list as well.

Should magical origins also have shadow walker? I saw a mod complain about incorporeal and magical of origin units.

The Bombard Ability did not have any pfx available. I took the liberty to add an impact pfx that on impact forms an explosive ring. It's a mix between firebomb and hurl a boulder but without the stone impact and the fires going around.

20210530113038_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Shadow Elf Umbral Weaver Charioteer has a new icon.

20210719181937_1.jpg

The old one is still used to resemble the old one available.

20210719181944_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
I developed a little side mod called "Additional Shadow Demons", which unlocks another 4 Shadow Demons.

I created 4 new abilities for this fully with icons and pfx.

Toxic Bolts: Shoots toxic bolts at target enemy unit. (4+ Spirit, 4+ Blight Damage)

Impale: Impale does an extra (3+ Blight) against units. Armoured, Machine and Reinforced are immune to this effect.

Inflict Feral Mount: Melee attacks from this unit can inflict Feral Mount. Units with Feral Mount suffer a {-12 movement} and {-400 Happiness} penalty.

Implode: Sacrifice itself against the target in a circle around itself dealing {8 Blight, {8 Physical} and {8 Spirit}. The impact can Inflict Bleeding on all targets except Shadow Demon and Machine units.

Volatile Death:
When this unit dies it explodes, dealing {8 Blight, {8 Physical} and {8 Spirit} damage to units within a {1} Hex radius.

Implode is a mechanic that triggers Volatile Death. So they do not stack.

20210920163001_1.jpg

20210920162951_1.jpg

20210920162935_1.jpg

20210920162925_1.jpg

20210920163114_1.jpg

20210920163201_1.jpg

Names are little taken by inspiration, however, as an idea, they could be better balanced and integrated into the main mod if so desire. Otherwise, I will just develop it a little and leave it as a nice optional side addition.

Integration of new Shadow Demons as an option? Opinions?

Whatever your decision, they should be balanced against the current demons, i.e. revamped actual demons should be included in the add-on.

Moreover, now I beheld your work, I can't help but sue for an aesthetic alteration of the Bomber, Harvester, and Lord, anyways.

Thirdly, while you are at it, don't you think that you could also make the Demon Lord a true T4 unit, and a true "lord"? I mean adding auras and inflict abilities, possibly giving it some Shadow Elf power as well. Something two Arcane archers backed by a Storm Priest on walls should really stop despising.

Fun fact is that they are already linked in main mod. Just not "unlocked" and set up in the unit settings. Even unit icons are there.

Whatever your decision, they should be balanced against the current demons, i.e. revamped actual demons should be included in the add-on.

Moreover, now I beheld your work, I can't help but sue for an aesthetic alteration of the Bomber, Harvester, and Lord, anyways.

Thirdly, while you are at it, don't you think that you could also make the Demon Lord a true T4 unit, and a true "lord"? I mean adding auras and inflict abilities, possibly giving it some Shadow Elf power as well. Something two Arcane archers backed by a Storm Priest on walls should really stop despising.

Regarding the Shadow Lord he is strong in player control, but extremely weak as a roamer. The latest update on steam workshop adress their roaming defender site from weak to medium which at least make clearing sites harder. 1 larvae and 1 Harvester was a clearly to soft. I believe the lack of movement makes the lord a easy target. That said, I would be inclined to give them phase or a ranged attack, hurl boulder or something. But needs to be clear if it's better or worse balance wise. Considering a good comparison that Horned Gods has "call lightning" while Shadow Demon Lord is a moving tank. Perhaps something like "Projectile Reflection" could be a good choice

Last edited: