• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys, this same q got asked and answered years ago but I haven't been able to find it via search function: how do I turn off that pesky WIFII thing when it just saves infinite autosaves instead of just the regular 2 or 3?

EDIT: NVM found it!

Look for this line in your misc file in the DB folder and change it to this: # Use new auto-save file format: AutoSave_Country_Year_Month_Day.eug. 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled. 0 # WIF II has this set to 1 for solving bugs and such from what I remember.

Hope this helps someone in the future :)

Reactions:
how do you trigger the soviet peace with germany event in World in Flames mod 33 scenario? Normally leningrad, baku, moscow, Stalingrad, sevestapol and that top finnish city (cant remember the name) triggers it. but it hasn't. ???

Last edited:
how do you trigger the soviet peace with germany event in World in Flames mod 33 scenario? Normally leningrad, baku, moscow, Stalingrad, sevestapol and that top finnish city (cant remember the name) triggers it. but it hasn't. ???

IIRC Sverdlovsk Haß to be taken too.

And if Japan is in the alliance Vladivostok has to be taken by them.

thank you. i made the mistake of holding off spreading further east to take Sverdlovsk thinking the event would fire once i had the previous mentioned... and now am in a crappy hard fought stalemate on the eastern front, whilst putting up with USA invasions of france (repelled) and now greece where i am bogged down which appears to be a stalemate. Its now late 1945 and ive been nuked three times too which is very annoying lol...

• 1Like
Reactions:
thank you. i made the mistake of holding off spreading further east to take Sverdlovsk thinking the event would fire once i had the previous mentioned... and now am in a crappy hard fought stalemate on the eastern front, whilst putting up with USA invasions of france (repelled) and now greece where i am bogged down which appears to be a stalemate. Its now late 1945 and ive been nuked three times too which is very annoying lol...
Ugh, nukes really ruin the late game. I'm in the process of revising TGC by drastically slowing down the production of nukes, decreasing their effectiveness, and even removing them from missiles. The game just gets unplayable once the U.S. starts lobbing nukes anywhere and everywhere.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The events as germany are not triggering to me. What is the total event list for germany? I cant build ships for instance and year is past 1936. no anglo german naval agreement. I would really need that event and I cannot find it anywhere from the db events.

This is really annoying this mod used to work years ago whats wrong with it.
I tried another 1933 sceneratio I got to year 1935 for hindenburg to die no reichstag fire no events only autobahns. Whats going on here?

sincerely please reply. if you know the anglo naval agreement code please tell me. or if you can point me at right direction. also 4 year plan is missing.
db germany or hoi2 no avail. ive searched everywhere cannot find it.

Last edited:
The events as germany are not triggering to me. What is the total event list for germany? I cant build ships for instance and year is past 1936. no anglo german naval agreement. I would really need that event and I cannot find it anywhere from the db events.

This is really annoying this mod used to work years ago whats wrong with it.
I tried another 1933 sceneratio I got to year 1935 for hindenburg to die no reichstag fire no events only autobahns. Whats going on here?

sincerely please reply. if you know the anglo naval agreement code please tell me. or if you can point me at right direction. also 4 year plan is missing.
db germany or hoi2 no avail. ive searched everywhere cannot find it.
Seems like a problem with the installation to me, which can happen when you have a folder in a folder after unzipping the downloaded file.

Make sure your directory looks like DH\Mods\WIF II\ai... and NOT DH\Mods\WIF II\WIF II\ai...

After playing some Edge of Darkness I'm quite interested in trying WiF 2. However I wonder if the naval AI is better than in EoD? I love playing as the Japanese but the US Navy kept sending undefended transports and ridiculous fleets so the challenge wasn't really there.

However I wonder if the naval AI is better than in EoD?
In my experience DH and WiF again (and mostly taken over into EoD) improved especially the AI behavior with land units.
But improving navy behaviour seems to have rather harsh core engine restrictions (although some things like brigade usage at least should be fixable). So in general the AI is really bad at sea. If you load up a save to see what the AI-enemies do with their fleets... it is rather depressing. The AI needs really overwhelming superiority at sea to be any kind of challenge. Sorry.

Last edited:
That's what I figured, thank you very much.
The work in other areas is already impressive -- sad that improving naval aspects is so restricted. Feels like the AI has all the tools to crush you, but would rather play around a bit. Oh well, I'll try Germany then!

You dont need to take Sverdlovsk, thats was in old HoI 2 but in WiF you really dont need to go that far.

Here is situation on front, roughly one month before event triggered...

Last edited:
After playing some Edge of Darkness I'm quite interested in trying WiF 2. However I wonder if the naval AI is better than in EoD? I love playing as the Japanese but the US Navy kept sending undefended transports and ridiculous fleets so the challenge wasn't really there.
EoD does not change the way AI works. If you want challenge you have to let enemy transport go through, theres no other way. Btw. to have best experience with both WiF and EoD I suggest to play as Germany.

Last edited: