• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

carloloaces

Recruit
4 Badges
Sep 14, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
Hi guys, ever since the latest Mac update, 11.5.2 I can't run Cities. The launcher keeps saying that there is an update available but it won't download it, when I try to download it an error shows that there is no internet connection or connection is unstable. When I lunch the game, it keeps popping errors and the map won't load at all, nothing works.

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.13.15.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.13.18.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.13.21.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.13.29.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 10.26.51.png

Upvote 0
FYI the launcher and game work fine on my iMac with 11.15.2

I think you have at least 2 separate problems. For the launcher Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/

Those game errors all relate to mods. Check your installed mods against this list:

If you still get those errors after removing or replacing all bad mods, Please attach this log file here:
~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

To find that file, in Finder do cmd-shift-G to bring up the GOTO box. In there paste ~/Library/ . You will see a /Logs/ folder, and inside that /Unity/ folder. Please attach that file player.log here by dropping it on this support ticket, or use the "Attach file" link here.

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

• 1Like
Reactions: