The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well there goes more Roman cities put to the torch.
F
One good thing to come out of all of this is that the rest of the world is moving to respond to Jerusalem's actions.
Depends on your definition of "rest."
However Tawantinsuyu annexing part of Neurhomaina will definitely cause some division between Wilhelmina's Reich and the rest of the Schengen Area.
Tawantinsuyu just recognized the breakaway government. They haven't outright annexed it...yet.
If this update has shown us anything it is that even though she has had her power reduced significantly Gertrude is still a formidable opponent. Hopefully her trip to the Imperial Tomb's has been fruitful.
Gertrude just radiates that Karen energy.:p
Also I know this part of the story is based off of the Handmaids Tale and The Testaments but a part of me wonders if you might be able to slip in some 1984 stuff as well such as the Telescreen since in OTL you have people saying things like Alexa talking without being prompted and saying strange things. One story that I remember hearing about was a women who was getting ready for bed and heard Alexa say "Good night" and then someone else name that was not hers. Stories like this and others has caused some to believe that Alexa is spying on them.

I can see the same type of censorship of 1984 happening here as well.
Probably not. Even by the committee's standards, that is beyond their technological capabilities. And why would you need a telescreen when you can achieve almost the same level of surveillance with Watchtower already?
I also see the beginning of a Tri-Polar World Order with Eimerica being one of them after they take over all of Neurhomaina, Jerusalem with all of their European territories and Sudafrika, and Hans China after it has taken Korea, the Two Japans, Srivijaya, and Penglai creating the three superstrates. With Yavdi, the Central Asian Confederation, the Middle East, Africa except Sudafrika which remains under Jerusalem becoming failed states were the Perpetual war is being fought.
We're going full This is Madness.
In the Testaments it tells about how those in the Handmaids Tale were killed in purges so this got me thinking maybe you can do something in were you have figures like Big Brother and Goldstein who I believe in the 1984 book and movie it is implied that Big Brother and Goldstein were never real people but were just inventions by The Party and the Thought Police?
I don't think so. That might be going too far even by the committee's standards.

Welp, there goes most of the European rebels including Eva. What’s left of the Bremerhaven rebels have their work cut out for them. It’s sad that Clara will now think Angelica is dead.

At least Gertrude and her group are finally making progress at breaking the blackmail. Let’s hope Elias doesn’t catch on to his plot.

Also a good thing the rest of the Rebels in Africa and overseas are intact, tho Tawantinsuyu having plans to act on their old claims is worrying for Neurhomania.
We're going full This is Madness.
That, and Crown Atomic as well, if the crazy dictatorships like Amersoul, Couglin’s CRA and Goring’s Mittelafrika were the superpowers instead of the relatively sane, if still authoritarian, Canada and Germany and their respective spheres of influence.

I wonder if it’s possible for this arc to go a similar route to the Third American Civil War and Canada’s liberalization in Crown Atomic, where Jerusalem is intact, but weakened to the point were they some what liberalize in the future, maybe with even a peaceful overthrow of the Committee as well?

Either that, or Jerusalem gets worse until it violently collapses and eventually either a Cold War or a perpetual hot war with Han’s China and its other rivals, something like the Eternal War AAR for Civ 2 for the latter scenairo or MITHC and the HOI4 New Order mod in the former scenario. I think this is more likely, unfortunately.

It would be really ironic if Jerusalem destroys itself in nuclear hellfire, given how another AAR based around a Kingdom of Jerusalem ended.:p

Last edited:
Welp, there goes most of the European rebels including Eva. What’s left of the Bremerhaven rebels have their work cut out for them. It’s sad that Clara will now think Angelica is dead.
Most? Try all.
At least Gertrude and her group are finally making progress at breaking the blackmail. Let’s hope Elias doesn’t catch on to his plot.
We can only hope.
Also a good thing the rest of the Rebels in Africa and overseas are intact, tho Tawantinsuyu having plans to act on their old claims is worrying for Neurhomania.
Intact is one thing. Cohesive and unified is another.
That, and Crown Atomic as well, if the crazy dictatorships like Amersoul, Couglin’s CRA and Goring’s Mittelafrika were the superpowers instead of the relatively sane, if still authoritarian, Canada and Germany and their respective spheres of influence.
Yeah.
I wonder if it’s possible for this arc to go a similar route to the Third American Civil War and Canada’s liberalization in Crown Atomic, where Jerusalem is intact, but weakened to the point were they some what liberalize in the future, maybe with even a peaceful overthrow of the Committee as well?

Either that, or Jerusalem gets worse until it violently collapses and eventually either a Cold War or a perpetual hot war with Han’s China and its other rivals, something like the Eternal War AAR for Civ 2 for the latter scenairo or MITHC and the HOI4 New Order mod in the former scenario. I think this is more likely, unfortunately.
Or it "liberalizes" and turns into modern China.
It would be really ironic if Jerusalem destroys itself in nuclear hellfire, given how another AAR based around a Kingdom of Jerusalem ended.:p
cough my HOI3 "ending"

I'm not even a little surprised, Elias has done worse in recent memory.

While not exactly good, I can't really blame Tawantinsuyu for deciding to take advantage of the Reich's current chaos. I doubt they'll be the only one.

I'm not even a little surprised, Elias has done worse in recent memory.

While not exactly good, I can't really blame Tawantinsuyu for deciding to take advantage of the Reich's current chaos. I doubt they'll be the only one.
Han and Zhao: "It's free real estate"

Everyone else in the world: Why do I hear boss music?

Seriously tho, Ryukyu, as the founder of modern democracy, must be ashamed at China’s current state.
Ryukyuans are angry.

God be with those who perished in nuclear fire. What a mess huh, and I think all that nuclear fallout isn't gonna bode well in the future, Tesla technology be damned. By the way with all this rewriting the regime has been doing, I take it they purged the Tolkien estate as well huh? It'd suck if all of Tolkien's works are gone for good, though given the internet is still a thing I'm sure ebook copies of the works would still exist outside of Jerusalem.

God be with those who perished in nuclear fire. What a mess huh, and I think all that nuclear fallout isn't gonna bode well in the future, Tesla technology be damned. By the way with all this rewriting the regime has been doing, I take it they purged the Tolkien estate as well huh? It'd suck if all of Tolkien's works are gone for good, though given the internet is still a thing I'm sure ebook copies of the works would still exist outside of Jerusalem.
Yea when it comes to the internet you can find anything. In OTL you have people like celebrates and politicians or other positions of influence being questioned about things that they did years ago from doing drugs to inappropriate/illegal things even if they themselves "claim" to not remember or believed that they deleted anything bad that they did. Just because they might have deleted it from their page douse not mean that it from someone else's page that they shared it with. The same can be true with censored things that an authoritarian government douse not want their citizens to see.

The internet finds a way.

Tolkien was likely purged and banned for paganism and "anti-Christian" themes. But given his works' huge popularity around the world, I'm sure there are plenty of copies left overseas, especially since the Fylkja is a fan.
Yea when it comes to the internet you can find anything. In OTL you have people like celebrates and politicians or other positions of influence being questioned about things that they did years ago from doing drugs to inappropriate/illegal things even if they themselves "claim" to not remember or believed that they deleted anything bad that they did. Just because they might have deleted it from their page douse not mean that it from someone else's page that they shared it with. The same can be true with censored things that an authoritarian government douse not want their citizens to see.

The internet finds a way.
On the other hand, the committee can do the same to its targets. It has a large army of trolls, bots, and shills that can crawl through as many pages as necessary to dig up dirt on opponents and then "cancel" them, despite allegedly hating cancel culture so much. Kind of like the CCP's approach to the Internet in real life, or Russia's cyberwarfare.

It's just like how we thought the Internet could help grassroots movements overthrow dictatorships, only for it to be turned into yet another tool of surveillance and suppression by those dictatorships.

Tolkien was likely purged and banned for paganism and "anti-Christian" themes. But given his works' huge popularity around the world, I'm sure there are plenty of copies left overseas, especially since the Fylkja is a fan.
I’m guessing Fantasy and sci-fi in general would either be banned for heretical liberalism and paganism, or censored to display a Christian ultranationalist agenda. I’m thinking the Witcher book and video game series in particular would be heavily targeted for its Polish influences for example (and because Wilhelmina, as an avid RPG fan, probably would’ve played western RPGS like the Witcher trilogy, Elder Scrolls or Fallout even if she prefers Eastern RPGs overall. You did say she was a Mass Effect fan after all)

Funny enough, I remember watching a video about some of the themes of both ASOIAF and LOTR, and while I may not fully agree with it, I can see this video‘s point and I can’t help but think this arc falls closer to GRRM’s anti war and anti authoritarian themes than the last season of GOT did. Josh in particular seems to be a critique of “the cult of the badass” and Heinlein’s idea of power coming from violence. As you said, Josh is the kind of person to ignore nuanced themes in fiction in favor of action and spectacle, tho I think he’s smart enough to understand them, he just actively chooses not to.

Also, I remember GRRM saying he was inspired by the Scouring of the Shire chapter in Return of the King while writing ASOIAF, where Sauroman conquers the Shire and forces it to industraize after Sauron’s defeat, so I wonder if it’s fair to compare the Committee’s rise after X-Division destroyed Sentinel to the Scouring.
On the other hand, the committee can do the same to its targets. It has a large army of trolls, bots, and shills that can crawl through as many pages as necessary to dig up dirt on opponents and then "cancel" them, despite allegedly hating cancel culture so much. Kind of like the CCP's approach to the Internet in real life, or Russia's cyberwarfare.

It's just like how we thought the Internet could help grassroots movements overthrow dictatorships, only for it to be turned into yet another tool of surveillance and suppression by those dictatorships.
I mean, Livonia has Tiger defense and Yavadi and Korea have experienced hacker communitlies, but I guess not even them would be able to counter the resources of Jerusalem’s trolls, bots and shills.

Last edited:
I’m guessing Fantasy and sci-fi in general would either be banned for heretical liberalism or censored to display a Christian ultranationalist agenda. I’m thinking the Witcher book and video game series in particular would be heavily targeted for its Polish influences for example.
The committee just hates fun in general.
Funny enough, I remember watching a video about some of the themes of both ASOIAF and LOTR, and while I may not fully agree with it, I can see this video‘s point and I can’t help but think this arc falls closer to GRRM’s anti war and anti authoritarian themes than the last season of GOT did. Josh in particular seems to be a critique of “the cult of the badass” and Heinlein’s idea of power coming from violence. As you said, Josh is the kind of person to ignore nuanced themes in fiction in favor of action and spectacle, tho I think he’s smart enough to understand them, he just actively chooses not to.
He's definitely smart enough to understand but chooses not to do so because it's easier and convenient that way.
Also, I remember GRRM saying he was inspired by the Scouring of the Shire chapter in Return of the King while writing ASOIAF, where Sauroman conquers the Shire and forces it to industraize after Sauron’s defeat, so I wonder if it’s fair to compare the Committee’s rise after X-Division destroyed Sentinel to the Scouring.
Not sure since I'm not familiar with LOTR.
I mean, Livonia has Tiger defense and Yavadi and Korea have experienced hacker communitlies, but I guess not even them would be able to counter the resources of Jerusalem’s trolls, bots and shills.
Tiger's Defense is barely capable of holding them off, though Korea is better off as it is farther away, smaller, and not a big target.

It might be far away from the Committee and Jerusalem but you have to remember that Han's China is right next door.
Yes, as an ally and protector.

Really, I though China was to Korea what Jerusalem is to Russia?
No, Korea is drifting towards Han-style nationalism and Han does all he can to support that.

No, Korea is drifting towards Han-style nationalism and Han does all he can to support that
What about Srivijaya, Ryukyu, Ainu Monsir and the Pacific islands? We haven’t heard much from them, but I imagine they wouldn’t have good relations with the authoritarian nationalists in China, Korea, Japan, Penglai and India.