• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And works of Mech Art From @SpOoKy777:
F2E15C7B-8093-4A35-AEA9-425EFCA542A1.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions:
I recently had a reason to look up my Dekker from my first - first ever - campaign which I still poke at.

image.jpg

Yeah, pity Medusa had to bite it early on. On the other hand... Dekker here refuses to die.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I recently had a reason to look up my Dekker from my first - first ever - campaign which I still poke at.

View attachment 754310

Yeah, pity Medusa had to bite it early on. On the other hand... Dekker here refuses to die.
The exception that proves the rule?

:bow:

The exception that proves the rule?

I keep saying, he gets either untouched in the battle... or the head is blown away, and he's in the infirmary for 90 days. There's no middle ground.

• 1Like
Reactions:

View attachment 754310

I'm still proud of my result in my first campaign finale: Dekker killed Victoria while piloting a stock Urbie.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm still proud of my result in my first campaign finale: Dekker killed Victoria while piloting a stock Urbie.

Peak memetic experience.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Because Urbies damn sure dream of taking down a King Crab!

(…the pic pulls double duty as a Throwback Thursday blast from the past too!)

DE65721C-C46B-40F2-B3F8-D5D902F47DB0.jpeg

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Because Urbies damn sure dream of taking down a King Crab!

Oh please, that's what Cicadas with COILs are for!

Ahh, finally able to get started rebuilding this collection of minor swag.

1632596855989.png

Pins from the MWDA organized play. One for the Fox Armored Car, the other for the "Tara Bishop" Pack Hunter unit.

Every time I start taking photos of my table space for BattleTech reports, I feel a lot like this.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Every time I start taking photos of my table space for BattleTech reports, I feel a lot like this.
Painting? I hope to start painting this week...
*continues the refrain heard around the Stroble household for as many weeks as the airbrush as been here... sitting... unused... owned by someone, not willing to pull the trigger quite yet.

I'm using this as sort of a "dumping ground" to avoid cluttering the lovely fiction thread @Prussian Havoc and I are working in :)

So today I set up the board and about two moves into my "game" I also found another bit of fun:

Image Enhancement.jpg

Using printed maps and realizing they don't exactly make it EASY to read elevations. The solution was obvious... especially as I eyed my shoebox of "Spindown" life counters from many years of buying Magic: The Gathering. (They're 20-sided dice where the numbers go in sequence steadily upwards so you can 'spin' it up or down easily. I use them to track heat as well.)

(I really should invest some foam-core posterboard in making better representations for elevated hexes. Or just seeing if I can find a hex mat which isn't 1" hexes but the 1.25"/30mm that BattleTech maps tend to gravitate to.)

So what you're seeing is me using 1" hex bases I was using to base my miniatures so far, and using dice to mark how many "levels" they are. Hopefully this makes it easier for viewers of, say, screenshots of a battle report... can tell WTF is going on.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh hey, I found this again for... reasons.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does anyone know where to find the original DFA season one and two videos? I know they took them off youtube..... for reasons, but I never managed to get a chance to finish them all.

I do know searching for "Death From Above Season One" pulled up a partial playlist from Hyper RPG. Nothing for Season Two.

And 'Death From Above Wargaming' has been doing some tinkering with their own campaign system, bringing a new campaign in Dark Ages era to the table. (Clan Nova Cat vs Federated Suns). (Part one here:)

I know at some point there was also a massive project to make a "Death From Above Sourcebook" which is about 300+ pages due to including maps and record sheets in the back. :) (Found HERE) It is based on the first block of episodes from the Hyper RPG series, but does not encompass the full experience until Zathras.

From the film "Three Days of the Condor", a movie which stuck with me from a much younger age. Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Cliff Robertson, and Max von Sydow.

A short exchange which I feel winds up encapsulating much of the Inner Sphere mercenary experience:

"The fact is, what I do is not a bad occupation. Someone is always willing to pay."

"I would find it tiring."

"Oh no, it's quite restful, it's... almost peaceful. No need to believe in either side, or any side. There is no cause. There's only yourself. The belief is in your own precision."

Last edited: