• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elia455

Private
Jul 4, 2021
Describe your issue
Stuck in loading screen

What is your game version?
1.13.3-f9

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What mods are you using?
Loading screen mod

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Ive been playing on this new world for a day and a half and suddenly when I tried to open this world it just got stuck to a little over half of the loading bar, so I tried downloading the loading screen mod, but that just shows up the screenshot. I tried everything and read everything I could but no one seems to have this same issue. I read that I have to include some logs so here they are:
https://pastebin.com/rffxYqrL DXLog
https://pastebin.com/5zxZLmRc Output_log
I get no crash report

Can you replicate the issue? If yes, please explain how you did it.

Attachments File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Pastebin is no good for these files, please attach them here, thanks.

The problem city is Jupoll City, is that right?

We see but one significant error in there:
Simulation error: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
But it is not at all clear why, it is not pointing to a specific mod, asset or memory issue as such.

You can start and play a new city okay, is that right?

Then please attach the affected save game file, so the mod experts can look into it. Thanks.

I suspect that due to summer vacations the folks who usually help with mod and gameplay issues here are not as available as usual at present, I'm sorry.

Assuming the problem is due to bad or outdated mods (as I'm pretty sure it is), then it may or may not be able to be fixed in that save game file. It really needs the mod experts to look into it.

What you could do meantime is check your mods against this list:
and remove or replace any bad ones.

Assuming the problem is due to bad or outdated mods (as I'm pretty sure it is), then it may or may not be able to be fixed in that save game file. It really needs the mod experts to look into it.

What you could do meantime is check your mods against this list:
and remove or replace any bad ones.
But I have no mods except loading screen mod which i only installed because the world wouldnt open

Sorry, I must have been thinking of a different case.

Please put that save aside, when the modders and gameplay experts return hopefully they may see some way to salvage it.

BTW I think there is a mod for this game called something like Save our Saves which attempts to repair broken save files, have you looked into that?

Sorry, I must have been thinking of a different case.

Please put that save aside, when the modders and gameplay experts return hopefully they may see some way to salvage it.

BTW I think there is a mod for this game called something like Save our Saves which attempts to repair broken save files, have you looked into that?
Just tried it, doesn't work. Ill just wait for them to return

I see a simulation error in there, though that isn't where it gets stuck. But let's try the options to fix simulation errors and see if they do the trick. Subscribe to the following mods and make sure they're enabled.

Then go into Options, find the Loading Screen Mod on the left, select it and find its Safe Mode options. Enable those. Then try loading your save.

If that works, make sure to save the city as a new file. If it doesn't help, attach the output_log.txt from that attempt

I tried loading up your city and get the same result, unfortunately. Do you have any other versions of the city? Perhaps a quicksave or autosave somewhere.

I'm afraid I'm out of things to try to recover the save.