• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

szyn5

Recruit
2 Badges
Aug 7, 2021
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Prison Architect
Recently, I have started playing Prison Architect, I have built a functioning prison. Then, I got a random call from the CEO to lower the quantity and variety of the food. I have lowered it, however, the game somehow doesn't detect that I lowered it and doesn't mark the task as completed. This is a game-breaking bug as the CEO fines you 5,000$ for every 2-3 in-game hours because of neglecting the task, this is a game breaking bug as this can break the whole economy of your prison.
Would be awesome if someone could help, thank you.

Attachments

• .png
    .png
    2,6 MB · Views: 0
Had the same problem, you can disable the CEO events in the options.
+ Its not only a problem with the event, you just can't change the food type/variety, there is a grant mission wich can't be done because of this ether.

Had the same problem, you can disable the CEO events in the options.
+ Its not only a problem with the event, you just can't change the food type/variety, there is a grant mission wich can't be done because of this ether.
Hey, thanks for answering.
I have already tried that but I want to have the events turned on. Do you think there is any other way to fix that?

View attachment 747093
For this particular grant, you can try to make sure there's only 1 'Eat' timeslot (it can last as long as you want but just make sure it is one) in your Regime, it should help complete the objective of 'a' single low quantity, low variety meal for two days.
Hi, this still doest not solve my issue as I have a problem with the CEO Event, not the grant. I have tried your solution and it apparently doesn't work for the event. Thanks anyway.

Hi!
Last I heard they are still investigating this issue! Do you have a save file where this is happening? Because we are trying to replicate the issue.
Hey! I'm glad you replied!
Yep, I fortunately have the save file, feel free to download it or provide it to them. I hope it gets fixed as soon as possible as the game is literally unplayable unless you turn off the events.
I'm not sure why but I can't send it by the attached files.

I'm not sure why but I can't send it by the attached files.
You may need to .zip it up before attaching it here.

I have the same problem, and I installed the game 3 days ago, so it's still not fixed :(
No issues with the grant about meals quantity/quality, it's really just with this event that it can't detect I changed it.
It's happening for the 2nd time in my prison. I was broke for days with the 1st one, but I managed. Now I have some money but it's gonna bring me back to zero $ :(
@Fifnaril I have a save file too if that could help ^^'

Hi all, just got the game a few days ago, i have the same problem and so it is still not fixed.
I tried really everything to find a way to bypass it and still have the CEO Event turned on but no luck, it is simply broken.

You can however turn off the map events for the time the event last and then turn events on again after it ended.
Looks like events still be running in the background if you turn it off as the counter ticks down :)

To others you can turn it off under the ESC - Menu - Extra - Map Settings - "Events"

Hi all, just got the game a few days ago, i have the same problem and so it is still not fixed.
I tried really everything to find a way to bypass it and still have the CEO Event turned on but no luck, it is simply broken.

You can however turn off the map events for the time the event last and then turn events on again after it ended.
Looks like events still be running in the background if you turn it off as the counter ticks down :)

To others you can turn it off under the ESC - Menu - Extra - Map Settings - "Events"
Do you know if it's fixed now?
@Fifnaril