• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Add a title in common\landed_titles and a mercenary composition in common\mercenaries, which you use in your title definition. Add some localisation and it should work. You can see examples in vanilla CK2's files.

Could you make a mini mod then send it to me or post it here
There are mercenary mods on the Steam Workshop to take as examples...or at least use to.

Some might be outdated.
Check their update dates and the ones with the last update in or after 2019 should be fine.

How is this supposed to help I'm a total noob I don't understand any of that I need step by step hold my hand instructions not this Ive visited that page so many times
When I was a total noob at modding that's where i went right away...it literally shows you what to do to make one...follow the examples and use your own name for it in localization files...it takes like 5 minutes to make a new merc...i don't get how the modding wiki isn't helpful...start here https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Modding and at the bottom are links to all the things you need to make a new merc...you can literally copy and paste what you need from vanilla files and then change stuff to be what you want it to be....in the file where you set up composition it explains at the top whats what

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
When I was a total noob at modding that's where i went right away...it literally shows you what to do to make one...follow the examples and use your own name for it in localization files...it takes like 5 minutes to make a new merc...i don't get how the modding wiki isn't helpful...start here https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Modding and at the bottom are links to all the things you need to make a new merc...you can literally copy and paste what you need from vanilla files and then change stuff to be what you want it to be....in the file where you set up composition it explains at the top whats what
Could you make a mini mod and send here or to me