• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah great, almost missed it again; but this time fortunate enough to catch it before its new start.

Can only reply this one: Yes, please.

View attachment 737818
"filcat has just received the wonderful news of another AAR about Ged; and for once about on time"
[or actually Vergilius reading the Aeneid to Augustus, Octavia, and Livia, painting by Jean-Baptiste Joseph Wicar, 1790]
Excellent work with the image.

I need to check a few things about the latest patches, and fix my image host, but then hopefully we can get this abomination off the ground and back in the air!

Reactions:
As the England Final looms, further and further indications present from our World that something unnatural and freakish is about to be undertaken. Today, I pull back the shawl of the universe and urinate into the face of God. I will create a being, a perfect and wonderful being, and then mutilate it beyond recognition. We will then watch it dance for our amusement, and rejoice in the abject horror that is no doubt incoming.

This is an extremely ungenre savy move I am pulling. I sure do hope it does not blow up in anyone's face...

TLDR, character creation tests today. If its a failure, the acid bath earns its installation fee. If successful, then we're in buinsess again.

Just realised I'm performing necromancy on multiple levels here...I'm sure it's fine.

• 4Like
Reactions:
This sounds very alarming indeed!

• 1Like
Reactions:
This sounds very alarming indeed!
It'll be fine.

We do have a bit of a problem though. The hideous mutated wretch plan with god stats means the game will try to make the freak look pretty.

So he sort of looks like a vampire/prometheus alien rather than a purple grey.

We may need to rethink this or wobble it around a touch.

We also need to pick a nonsense religion no one will be offended at the jokes/ridiculous blood bath we will start in its name. I was thinking hellenism, if only because an illiterate Irish tribal cheif in 870 has no idea what that is and will just make it up (much like most Hollywood films)?

• 1Like
Reactions:
We also need to pick a nonsense religion no one will be offended at the jokes/ridiculous blood bath we will start in its name. I was thinking hellenism, if only because an illiterate Irish tribal cheif in 870 has no idea what that is and will just make it up (much like most Hollywood films)?
Ged should take it overly literally and decide it means worshipping a Goddess called Hellen.

Reactions:
Ged should take it overly literally and decide it means worshipping a Goddess called Hellen.
This is Objective Truth (tm)

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is Objective Truth (tm)
Hum...yes, that would mean we would be reforming and changing it into a matriarchal religion with female preference (at least amongst the clergy)...interesting idea.

Hellen is of course an angry and vengeful sea goddess who demands constant sacrifices from her children. All those defeated in battle must walk into her embrace. That's also why the Irish do not sail anywhere. Means they have an irrational hatred of sailors. Given that the game now has 'apocalyptic' mode for viking invasions and raiders, this will mesh well...

So instead of a wierd alien man, he's this freaky corpse figure brought back to life by hellen (he thinks, that's what rhe voices in his head say anyway). He has no idea why a sea goddess uses a white rabbit as her avatar...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think we now have all the pieces in place for the next game run, except one. Should I wait for the next dlc which expands the Royal Court etc? This should push the aar revival back to whenever that comes out, but would also be closer to the one year anniversary mark (presumably) of CK3.
Otherwise, I can get cracking...

Reactions:
200.gif

• 5Haha
Reactions:
Perhaps waiting for the next dlc is wise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Good old fashioned Read All About It! rules suggest the favoured message is “get on with it”. Prudence may suggest otherwise, but are we really to be governed by prudence in the tale of the purple sex demon?

Reactions:
Good old fashioned Read All About It! rules suggest the favoured message is “get on with it”. Prudence may suggest otherwise, but are we really to be governed by prudence in the tale of the purple sex demon?
True. True.

Though if we're keeping the god tier stats thing, it's much easier to play as a vampire rather than an alien. Uncanny Valley 'good' looks meshes better with the beautiful trait aesthetic look than alien.

Maybe instead PTM is trying to create the Creature from Frankenstine and succeeds. Yellow eyes. Black hair. Pale skin. Freakishly huge. Beautiful but off-putting. Genius. Also quite mad...

I will post shots of what I mean in a minute. You can make a little purple alien but can't have it be perfect stats otherwise.

But you can make a vampire (albino giant demon) or frankenstine monster pretty easily.

• 1Like
Reactions:
po3gwiLlj
We see here the issue of the game trying to turn an ugly face into 'handsome'. God knows what handsome children with genes from this face look like...

I think we may have to have two runs. Dwarf, every disease, every bad trait etc.
And one god tier stat mega man.

And I would prefer to do the mega god run first, because we know that paradox is almost certain to add many more ways to make a character suffer later on.​

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
po3gwiLlj
We see here the issue of the game trying to turn an ugly face into 'handsome'. God knows what handsome children with genes from this face look like...

I think we may have to have two runs. Dwarf, every disease, every bad trait etc.
And one god tier stat mega man.

And I would prefer to do the mega god run first, because we know that paradox is almost certain to add many more ways to make a character suffer later on.​
Would 100 Stat Man run make any actual difference to how the campaign goes? I mean Ged breezed through basically everything that was thrown at him, as do the characters in most CK3 AARs to be fair, so with perfect stats surely he'd just have more success but faster. I mean if I wanted to read about someone with every possible advantage easily smashing the AI then I'd re-read Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne (sorry @Wraith11B )

Unless the game breaks if values get too high and it all goes mad like Nuclear Gandhi in the original Civ. If that happens then I would of course support this plan.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Would 100 Stat Man run make any actual difference to how the campaign goes?
Well CK2 absolutely tears itself apart if you ever managed to get someone above status 30. And that was very difficult to achieve with a much more restricted character editor. You had to really cheat or get lucky with character rolls (which ultimately I think explains Galahad's reign).
I mean Ged breezed through basically everything that was thrown at him, as do the characters in most CK3 AARs to be fair, so with perfect stats surely he'd just have more success but faster.
If there is one huge problem with CK3, it's that there is no hard mode. Only normal, easy, and very easy.

I've set mongol invasions to random and viking invasions to apocalyptic, which is about as hard as it gets right now.

Because we're going Hellenic, we'll also be fighting every great power on the map to reform it.
I mean if I wanted to read about someone with every possible advantage easily smashing the AI then I'd re-read Der Adler, der Wolf, und die Sonne (sorry @Wraith11B )
At the very least, it won't be Nazis being pushed to victory.
Unless the game breaks if values get too high and it all goes mad like Nuclear Gandhi in the original Civ. If that happens then I would of course support this plan.
Oh...it breaks. Quite frankly, if you give someone all the 'good' personality traits, they have a heart attack every time they do anything remotely 'bad'. Including fabricating claims, plotting to murder someone, being unkind to a criminal etc...

And chaste means you get stressed every time you have anything to do with sex. And hellensim allows a wife and three concubines, who will be constantly all over a 100 stat god...

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Ok. The idea works. The game is relatively stable despite the AI and the system struggling with the 'logic' of mega stat Ged. I'm going to play at least the first few decades to get some material together but what I have already makes me confident this will work.

Also, totally unrelated, if anyone would like to suggest duchy or kingdom names that a delusional 'mega genius' or his evil rabbit mentor might come up with, feel free to share. I already have Nedland and Gedland, but we have many more titles to improve with some new names.

Because it was an option, we are also adopting the 'roman' culture. Thus Ged will be starting the game with a culture and religion of one member each, which also means (because it doesn't start preloaded on the map) that we start with a tech tree of...zero. We are tribal savages, unable to even erect fences.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Not the Nederlands ?
I did consider it, but would rather avoid using the same name twice. Maybe for a duchy title somewhere, or the actual Netherlands if for some reason we invade there. Actually, there is one late game tech unlockable by having your culture be the majority in the Netherlands. But it's boat related, which means its useless. Boats do not exist in CK3.

I currently have names for Ireland, England (guess what they get replaced with...) and Wales (I'm unreasonably proud of the new name for that one). But there are several kingdoms (no doubt) that we will eventually conquer that will need names, as well as the dozens of duchies, and presumably the overall empire itself.

Whether we can actually get out of the British Isles is another question, given we are going to be fighting massive pop penalties for religious, cultural, governmental and warfare reasons. Ged could probably build quite the empire, its just going to be one where every county is constantly on fire, rebelling, looted, depopulated and poor.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I did consider it, but would rather avoid using the same name twice. Maybe for a duchy title somewhere, or the actual Netherlands if for some reason we invade there. Actually, there is one late game tech unlockable by having your culture be the majority in the Netherlands.
I feel like Ged should have a complex about needing to rule the Netherlands. Or if he rules ‘Nedland’ maybe he thinks he already does and it’s a constant source of bemusement

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: