The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fun fact: There is a river connection between the Baltic Sea and the Black Sea. You have to carry your boats across water a few kilometers, but that is something the viking longboat could do.

It is how the Varangian Guard in constantinople came to be.
It is why the Viking expansion looks like it does.

From the batlic, India is propably easier to reach then south spain.

I know - when I was playing as Norse, my "mediterranean round of raids" would always include Cordoba, Rome, Jerusalem and Byzantion. Seen it enough that my soldiers used the Dnjepr-Dina Rivers.

But it always phases me, that the AI searches for "far away" riches as it could easiely just copy my mediterranean round.

Damn shame though the canal from the Nile to the red sea which the ancient egyptians and it seems even the romans used ceased to exist.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I know - when I was playing as Norse, my "mediterranean round of raids" would always include Cordoba, Rome, Jerusalem and Byzantion. Seen it enough that my soldiers used the Dnjepr-Dina Rivers.

But it always phases me, that the AI searches for "far away" riches as it could easiely just copy my mediterranean round.

Damn shame though the canal from the Nile to the red sea which the ancient egyptians and it seems even the romans used ceased to exist.
The AI propably decide not raid that next-continent neighbour. You re way to close and powerfull for comfort :)

• 2Haha
Reactions:
The AI propably decide not raid that next-continent neighbour. You re way to close and powerfull for comfort :)

Maybe the AI secretely learns that "raiding AlipheeseXV" will ultimately lead to "a bunch of naked Valkyries/Germanics/Romans and what ever naked cultures I ever had may come for revenge"!
;)

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I am sad to report of the untimely demise of Ronald mac Donald, slain at the hands of the wicked Mayor of An Longphort. His dreams of creating a family-friendly chain of taverns will never see the light of day. Truly a loss for all of humanity.

Crusader Kings III Ronald mac Donald.png

• 16Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
So I created a White Walker based character and shared his DNA here.

But then I was graced with this beauty on my opening screen:

1627747609731.png

• 7Haha
Reactions:
So I created a White Walker based character and shared his DNA here.

But then I was graced with this beauty on my opening screen:

The daughter/son (unsure of which) looks like a friendly and pleasant person as well. ;)

• 2Haha
Reactions:
The daughter/son (unsure of which) looks like a friendly and pleasant person as well. ;)
That's Grymblor, now the King of the White Wastes. The father became Feeble and Lunatic at 34, and died of heart trouble at 37.

Grymblor is Callous, Arrogant, and Fickle, so I'm very proud of my boy.

1627869947260.png

The heir is (for now) Azeg, Grymblor's younger brother, and a Brave Giant Bleeder. A fine specimen, but I'm sure he won't last.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A screenshot of my chancellor convincing people that a peace treaty that was flawed and illegitimate. When in fact the peacy treaty never even existed as I never went to war with my Son who was my Friend, Heir and Vassal. I think she might need to take a vacation.

20210802223223_1.jpg

• 3Haha
Reactions:
A screenshot of my chancellor convincing people that a peace treaty that was flawed and illegitimate. When in fact the peacy treaty never even existed as I never went to war with my Son who was my Friend, Heir and Vassal. I think she might need to take a vacation.

View attachment 746162

Actually, war isn't the only way to get a treaty. If you grant a Duke him as a vassal you'd get a treaty for "granting them independence", which I'm imaging might be the case as the tool tip doesn't say vassal under relations.

Reactions:
Actually, war isn't the only way to get a treaty. If you grant a Duke him as a vassal you'd get a treaty for "granting them independence", which I'm imaging might be the case as the tool tip doesn't say vassal under relations.
What might've happened is the subtitles under the son ran out before mentioning "Vassal". The subtitle allows up to three titles; it probably said "Your son, friend, and heir", cutting out "vassal". If he'd not been a friend, it would've shown "Your son, heir, and vassal".

Reactions:
What might've happened is the subtitles under the son ran out before mentioning "Vassal". The subtitle allows up to three titles; it probably said "Your son, friend, and heir", cutting out "vassal". If he'd not been a friend, it would've shown "Your son, heir, and vassal".
This is true, and it's why I didn't say that the poster was definitely wrong, just pointed out that they might not have realised something else happened. I don't remember the prioritisation for those things, other than knowing that player heir is always shown. I did think that vassal trumps friend though, as in the pic here

Not my pic, source:

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20210806-231525_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20210806-231525_Firefox.jpg
    1,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
He was definitely my vassal as I always give my primary heir a county when he turns 16, so he can start earning lifestyle experience.
I usually prefer to let my heir unlanded since said "lifestyle experience" is likely to turn to disaster, such as getting mangled to death in pointless wars or duels, or getting sick and not being able to afford a good doctor... I'd rather have them close and safe (and keep an eye on their spouse so that they dont' start to give me grandchildren too soon). But I'm kind of a control freak in games, I know.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Playing observer with some custom characters scattered around.

One of them is King Snebjörn of Wallachia who started out as the adventure duke of Transylvania.
And he is currently at war with the kingdom of Moldavia, after taking a closer look it appears the previous Queen Agrafena of Moldavia ordered the execution of his granddaughter Gyda.

1628476721978.png

In retaliation the furious King Snebjörn declared the subjugation of the moldavian kingdom in revenge for his precious granddaughter.

1628477074461.png

After one year of Warring against the lunatic who executed his daughter he got his sweet revenge, the mad queen was captured and executed by the way of Blood Eagle by King Snebjörn himself. Now her kingdom is next.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I've got my husbands attention, let me tell my husband what he should think of my husband!
1628534177033.png

Yea buddy, I'd shake my head at myself too...
1628534273072.png

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: