• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations, @Nikolai!
Thanks Cora! :D

So, it is Sunday. Time to hand off the awAARd. Sniff.

I would like to hand it off to an AAR that is the latest in a long running Stellaris series, with humongous, extremely long chapters that makes me constantly behind. But boy, is it worth it when I read them. These stories mix Xcom, Stellaris, dimensions, repeating history - almost, again and again. It is the masterpiece of @Macavity116 and the AAR in question is called All Our Sins Remembered}! :)

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Once more into the Stellaris mines, one more we go.

That minor disappointment aside, congratulations @Macavity116 !

• 2Like
Reactions:
Good job!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to hand it off to an AAR that is the latest in a long running Stellaris series, with humongous, extremely long chapters that makes me constantly behind. But boy, is it worth it when I read them. These stories mix Xcom, Stellaris, dimensions, repeating history - almost, again and again. It is the masterpiece of @Macavity116 and the AAR in question is called All Our Sins Remembered}! :)
I honestly wasn't expecting this, thank you so much!

Congratulations @Macavity116! When behind, one can listen to his excellent narration and multitask!
Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot!
Once more into the Stellaris mines, one more we go.

That minor disappointment aside, congratulations @Macavity116 !
@El Pip seems to know I've already picked my successor. [evil laugh interrupted by coughing]
Good job!
Many thanks.

Many thanks to all of you, you don't know how much you've brightened my day. I am currently hunkered down at home, waiting for a phone call from the hospital to learn whether or not I've tested positive for COVID-19. I have been sick for the past week and I can't stress enough how much you've all made me feel better. As usual, I'm going to enforce my old house rule and a new chapter of All Our Sins Remembered will be posted as soon as possible.

If you've never read All Our Sins Remembered before, feel free to click on those YouTube videos at the top of the main story chapters. You will be treated to an audiobook version of the story, so you don't have to stare at the screen for half an hour if you don't want to. :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well deserved congrats @Macavity116 ! Hopefully not covid and back to full health soon.

Reactions:

Well deserved congrats @Macavity116 ! Hopefully not covid and back to full health soon.

God Bless and good health, @Macavity116. Get well soon!

Congratulations @Macavity116 !

Many thanks to all of you. I'm happy to report I've tested negative, but a close family member living in the same house as me has been diagnosed with COVID-19, so I'm not out of the woods for another couple of weeks. Nothing for it but to just hunker down and wait.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Many thanks to all of you. I'm happy to report I've tested negative, but a close family member living in the same house as me has been diagnosed with COVID-19, so I'm not out of the woods for another couple of weeks. Nothing for it but to just hunker down and wait.
I'm glad to hear you are not infected, but sad to hear your relative is sick. :( Take care!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Folks, you know me. I love science fiction. I love Stellaris. I love Star Wars, democracy, the Republic, and occasionally building empires of evil.

And there is an AAR that gives me all of this and more. @Arithmetician has been commanding the Galactic Republic to victory against criminal syndicates since May, and in the meantime, we also get to see glimpses into the life and activities of a certain Meme Sith Lord the Stellaris Subreddit loves unconditionally. Oh, and Darth Jefferius seems to have a very intelligent apprentice you should definitely keep your eyes on.

What sets this AAR apart for me is that I've only seen the Star Wars movies and none of the expanded universe content (books, tv shows, etc) so I'm constantly being pleasantly surprised by the fun and creative ways @Arithmetician twists and turns their story. Plus, the Star Wars conversion mods used in the AAR is very well done and worth a try if you own a copy of Stellaris itself.

So there you have my nominee for the Weekly AAR Showcase: Stellaris Wars: A Nemesis Ironman Saga by @Arithmetician!

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Technically the particular conversion mod I'm using is a personal frankenmod that I put together to be ironman/achievement compatible while keeping the aesthetics that I wanted, so I can't post my copy on the workshop. But the constituent mods that I used to make it all have very good ship models, and once you figure out how to read the code, it isn't too difficult to have your own ironman-compatible Star Wars mods.

But if anyone wants a ready-made Star Wars ironman/achievement compatible mod that is actually available on the workshop, this is a great starting point:

Thanks for the nomination!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
*Sighs disappointedly at Macavity*

However, that does look an interesting work, I shall have to add it to the reading list. Congratulations indeed @Arithmetician . :)

• 1Haha
Reactions: