• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the third summer teaser. This time around, I figured I would show you something quite different. As you may know already, minor titles will be returning alongside the upcoming expansion, Royal Court, allowing you to appoint a Court Jester, a Seneschal, and more! As you might expect, we’ll be adding a number of new events that make use of these appointed characters, but we are no strangers to also updating existing content if need be! We generally want features to be visible wherever it makes sense, and updating content can be a part of making old events have new and interesting options or additional variety and flavour.

Here are a few examples of events that we’ve updated (or added, as in the last example):

View attachment 741776
[Image of the updated Martial Lifestyle event The Walls of a County]

View attachment 741777
[Image of the updated Diplomacy Lifestyle event The Lure of Language]

View attachment 741778
[Image of a potential murder outcome]

You can expect more details in a future Dev Diary!
If languages will be added in the game, can be added the decision of creation/return/reborn of Proto-Slavic language for Slavs's culture? And, for the creation of Slavia, can be created a list of county which we need for its creation? I never could understand, why I need a county of Berlin and Kingdom of Hungary instead all other counties of Empire of Russia and Bulgaria, Croatia and Serbia.
I'll return for question about languages. If we will had languages in the game, can the Holy Roman Empire return to its latin?

Reactions:
If languages will be added in the game, can be added the decision of creation/return/reborn of Proto-Slavic language for Slavs's culture? And, for the creation of Slavia, can be created a list of county which we need for its creation? I never could understand, why I need a county of Berlin and Kingdom of Hungary instead all other counties of Empire of Russia and Bulgaria, Croatia and Serbia.
I'll return for question about languages. If we will had languages in the game, can the Holy Roman Empire return to its latin?
Why would "proto-slavic" be recreated? It's been gone for *at least* 200 years by the point the game starts. Sure, a unified Slavic dialect could be created, but it wouldn't be proto-slavic any more.

As for uniting the Slavs and a county list, you need all the counties in the region of Slavia - which is a big list, but the area you need to control is visible in game if you click on "region of slavia" in the decision.

Broadly speaking (and digging it up from an old thread, so it's possible a couple of counties have moved...) you need the following (assuming nothing has drifted)

Empire of Carpathia
Kingdom of Croatia EXCEPT for Duchy of Dubrovnik (thanks Sauron!)
Kingdom of Serbia
Kingdom of Bulgaria
Kingdom of Bohemia
Kingdom of Great Moravia
Kingdom of Poland
Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia
Kingsom of White Rus'
Kingdom of Runthenia
Kingdom of Novgorod
Duchy of Ryazan
Kingdom of Pommerania EXCEPT FOR Duchy of Lausitz and Duchy of Meissen
(Should probably be *ruthenia", not runthenia)

Berlin, being in Ostmark, in Pommerania, part of the Southern Baltic Empire, looks to be needed because it's part of the "Western Slavic" unification decision.

Hungary is there as part of Carpathia , but as you can see you do need Bulgaria, Serbia and **most** of Croatia.

Reactions:
Very nice. I really hope you rename the final event, though.... MurdER PreventER: Cup-BearER (emphasis mine) makes it sound really weird. Or perhaps it's less the repetitive ER and more the word Preventer used in this way that sounds odd. Either way, I think a better title would be good. Otherwise, very nice.

RE: "Hitting the books" -- As an American myself, I clearly understand the phrase and it's common here, but if it isn't common throughout the English-speaking world, which it probably isn't, then it's best to use a phrase that can be understood throughout the world. We don't need players asking "Why would beating books help?" :D
No no... with your imagery here, I definitely vote for keeping it in. Brb gotta stuff some books into a punching bag like a true American!

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Honestly, I'm just hoping for more to do personally on a small scale.

Yes, you can eventually take over your lord, run the country, go out and conquer the world, yadda, yadda, yadda... been there, done that... basically stopped because, meh. Conquering the world (well at least the British Isles and Europe) is fun for a while... but there's little interest in it.

I find the little personal stories that emerge to be far more enjoyable.

It's why I love the Romance of Three Kingdoms games with "officer mode" so much. Where you don't have to be the guy in charge. You can just be a schlub in the army. You're just a grunt officer, you work on the town you're in, sometimes get sent out to recruit, maybe get called into battle. But a lot of it is spent interacting with other officers. Making friends and rivals. Shopping for a great horse. Finding a spouse. Just enjoying being you. Not having to worry about a massive empire and giving everyone constant orders and trying to stop some jackhole in the corner from thinking that a guy with 1000 troops can someone rebel against an empire with tens of thousands sitting on his doorstep (seriously, fix your betrayal AI, it's dumb).

I want to see more focus on the little things. More little events, family matters, making friends, having little stories that truly personalize your game.
I agree. I want to pick my player character not just the kingdom heir. I want to be the landless 3rd son who strikes out and forms a mercenary band, then decides that he can take a county (being a mercenary in a region should allow you to attack petty nobles without invoking the king's wrath if you have a claim or direct blessing from the king) or gets invited to a court as a knight or something. A system for the landless (and allowing us to play as one) would be a welcome change.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I do not disagree that game feels bland at this time. However my point, is that there are still issues within the current court not working properly. Recently I conquered India, as I travelled north, some of the land was converted by my Chaplain and other parts of the land by my vassals Chaplains. My steward on the other hand, had to convert all the land by himself. This only seems to be an issue with your own land, as enemies convert land to their own culture all the time.

In my opinion these little issues should be fixed before adding more characters to the court.
I've noticed that vassals with higher stewardship/access to stewards with high stewardship tend to convert the culture much sooner. Invite a Count's children to your court via guardianship, culture convert if necessary, and be sure to raise the heir and any brothers that will be unlanded as stewards. Siblings to counts tend not to move out of that court and get appointed to council positions if they are decent. I used this method to convert most of France to Andalusian while rarely sending my stewards to convert the area.

You can also use guardianship as a way to guarantee that one of your future "powerful" vassals has a particular educational trait since once they are in your court, you can choose their education focus. Just nab em early. Bonus: if they grow up with your children, they often become friends, preventing the chance of rebellion upon succession.

Reactions:
Why would "proto-slavic" be recreated? It's been gone for *at least* 200 years by the point the game starts. Sure, a unified Slavic dialect could be created, but it wouldn't be proto-slavic any more.

As for uniting the Slavs and a county list, you need all the counties in the region of Slavia - which is a big list, but the area you need to control is visible in game if you click on "region of slavia" in the decision.

Broadly speaking (and digging it up from an old thread, so it's possible a couple of counties have moved...) you need the following (assuming nothing has drifted)

(Should probably be *ruthenia", not runthenia)

Berlin, being in Ostmark, in Pommerania, part of the Southern Baltic Empire, looks to be needed because it's part of the "Western Slavic" unification decision.

Hungary is there as part of Carpathia , but as you can see you do need Bulgaria, Serbia and **most** of Croatia.
That's mean that you give "yes" for rebirth latin in the Holy Roman Empire?

Reactions:
I've noticed that vassals with higher stewardship/access to stewards with high stewardship tend to convert the culture much sooner. Invite a Count's children to your court via guardianship, culture convert if necessary, and be sure to raise the heir and any brothers that will be unlanded as stewards. Siblings to counts tend not to move out of that court and get appointed to council positions if they are decent. I used this method to convert most of France to Andalusian while rarely sending my stewards to convert the area.

You can also use guardianship as a way to guarantee that one of your future "powerful" vassals has a particular educational trait since once they are in your court, you can choose their education focus. Just nab em early. Bonus: if they grow up with your children, they often become friends, preventing the chance of rebellion upon succession.
One of my vassals was my son, he had stewardship of 22. I converted 16 counties with my own steward, and the son had still not converted a single one in that time. Approximately 48+ years. He had however converted all to our religion.

Conversion would be based on whomever his steward was, not on the vassals own stewardship skill. As far as I am aware, I have no way of seeing who his steward is.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's mean that you give "yes" for rebirth latin in the Holy Roman Empire?
No, it means I didn't have a sensible comment to make on how much latin was or was not used.

But here we go. Latin was the scholarly language, and ecclesiastical language. It was not a case of the HRE "returning" to Latin. The state was established by Germanic speakers, and spread to speakers of several different language families, but never had a single core language universally spoken by the people of the state, and even the elites weren't necessarily fluent in the Latin they *did* have in common, with a common complaint being that not even all of the clergy were well versed in Latin, even though they were supposed to know it in order to say Mass in it.

Even if latin were to be reconstructed as a "popular" or common language, it would be a vulgar thing far distant from Latin as such. Even ecclesiastical latin wandered far from "proper" latin, and at best I would expect to see a standardised and somewhat latinised German dialect fall out if they were to standardise one language across the whole HRE.

Reactions:
Hello everyone!

Welcome to the third summer teaser. This time around, I figured I would show you something quite different. As you may know already, minor titles will be returning alongside the upcoming expansion, Royal Court, allowing you to appoint a Court Jester, a Seneschal, and more! As you might expect, we’ll be adding a number of new events that make use of these appointed characters, but we are no strangers to also updating existing content if need be! We generally want features to be visible wherever it makes sense, and updating content can be a part of making old events have new and interesting options or additional variety and flavour.

Here are a few examples of events that we’ve updated (or added, as in the last example):

View attachment 741776
[Image of the updated Martial Lifestyle event The Walls of a County]

View attachment 741777
[Image of the updated Diplomacy Lifestyle event The Lure of Language]

View attachment 741778
[Image of a potential murder outcome]

You can expect more details in a future Dev Diary!
One last thing, can language be used as casus beli? For an exemple, russian people have suzerain/overlord who speak french, english or other language not-russian, and to liberate russian people from foreign dominance a suzerain/overlord with russian culture/language declare war versus this suzerain/overlord?

• 1Like
Reactions:
One last thing, can language be used as casus beli? For an exemple, russian people have suzerain/overlord who speak french, english or other language not-russian, and to liberate russian people from foreign dominance a suzerain/overlord with russian culture/language declare war versus this suzerain/overlord?
This kind of cultural nationalism wasn't really a thing during era the game covers. It only really started becoming close to what an in-game casus belli represents in the 16th century when you started to see early modern nationalist consolidation in countries like England and France and nationalist revolts like the Revolt of the Comuneros. It should reduce cultural acceptance and opinion, and encourage populist factions, but it wasn't an excuse to overthrow a liege in and of itself at the time.

Reactions:
You can already do it with culture. Just create a faction against the liege to put a "Russian" culture guy instead of him.

Reactions:
Ah yes, I should have expected complete nonsense like that. There is a difference between using modern English (which is of course necessary) and using excessively colloquial language. It's less medieval vs. modern and more formal vs informal. Language changes as a whole over time, but in some ways it's a lot more noticeable in the informal parts. It could just say something like "I will spend time in the library"
Yeah I wrote such complete nonsense that you agree with me lol.

Will minor titles have attributes/traits that make them better at their job? Like a Master of the Hunt being better and giving more grandeur if they have a high martial and the hunter trait.

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Will minor titles have attributes/traits that make them better at their job? Like a Master of the Hunt being better and giving more grandeur if they have a high martial and the hunter trait.
I'm always open for more traits^^

Reactions: