Victoria 3 | Monthly Update #1 | July

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MissDeliana

Second Lieutenant
28 Badges
Jul 3, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Empire of Sin - Deluxe Edition
  • Empire of Sin
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Welcome to the first Monthly Update video for Victoria 3. In this video, we take a look at what has been going on in the first batch of Dev Diaries, and more! And because we know you'll want to get a closer look, we've attached the screenshots used in the video right here to this post! Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• Aristocrats.png
    Aristocrats.png
    811,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Clergy.png
    Clergy.png
    434,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Labourers.png
    Labourers.png
    434,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Pops.png
    Pops.png
    543,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Pops2.png
    Pops2.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
  • Pops3.png
    Pops3.png
    510,6 KB · Views: 0
  • authority.png
    authority.png
    174,3 KB · Views: 0
  • bureaucracy.PNG
    bureaucracy.PNG
    223,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Government.png
    Government.png
    519,1 KB · Views: 0
  • influence.png
    influence.png
    221,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Ruler.png
    Ruler.png
    387 KB · Views: 0
  • Buildings.png
    Buildings.png
    588,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Buildings2.png
    Buildings2.png
    510,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Buildings3.png
    Buildings3.png
    543,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Buildings4.png
    Buildings4.png
    468,1 KB · Views: 0
  • dd3_1.png
    dd3_1.png
    557 KB · Views: 0
  • dd3_2.png
    dd3_2.png
    295,8 KB · Views: 0
  • dd3_4.png
    dd3_4.png
    383,1 KB · Views: 0
  • dd3_3.png
    dd3_3.png
    357,4 KB · Views: 0
  • dd3_5.png
    dd3_5.png
    408,8 KB · Views: 0
  • Plantations.png
    Plantations.png
    130,7 KB · Views: 0
  • Workforce.png
    Workforce.png
    358,3 KB · Views: 0
  • dd4_1.png
    dd4_1.png
    502,5 KB · Views: 0
  • dd4_2.png
    dd4_2.png
    455,8 KB · Views: 0
  • dd4_3.png
    dd4_3.png
    313,7 KB · Views: 0
  • dd4_4.png
    dd4_4.png
    421,5 KB · Views: 0
  • dd4_5.png
    dd4_5.png
    347,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Steel.png
    Steel.png
    530,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Iron0.png
    Iron0.png
    391,1 KB · Views: 0
  • Iron1.png
    Iron1.png
    444,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Iron2.png
    Iron2.png
    483,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Iron3.png
    Iron3.png
    516,4 KB · Views: 0
  • Iron4.png
    Iron4.png
    604,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Iron5.png
    Iron5.png
    647,5 KB · Views: 0
  • Production Methods.png
    Production Methods.png
    528,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 60Love
  • 58Like
Reactions:
goods.png

Kind of concerned that they seem to have implemented price floors/ceilings. From this image alone multiple goods are at their max of 45 and one at 60. This implies that victoria3 markets are going to be extremely inefficient.

• 28Like
Reactions:
PIE CHARTS.

Also, thanks for the extra tidbits, especially that Trade Center I am dying to know more about. Its nice to see slightly different variations of what we've been shown so far, gives a good idea of the depth.

The wheat farm shown at 10:08 that produces Fruit, Flour, and Grains: Is the potted plant meant to represent saplings or arable land? And does that Iron Mine use Iron?

• 2Like
Reactions:
[Snip goes the image]

Kind of concerned that they seem to have implemented price floors/ceilings. From this image alone multiple goods are at their max of 45 and one at 60. This implies that victoria3 markets are going to be extremely inefficient.
All the things at the price of 45 are consumer goods, so could it be that no-one is willing to pay any more than because of wealth levels or something? That would, I think, cap the price.

But yeah, that is rather weird.

Could also be start-of-the-game screenshot, so the prices haven't yet had time to adjust?

Reactions:
I'm a bit confused about the usage of Austrian in the culture chart, has South German been split up into Austrian, Bavarian, Swabian, etc.? Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense for Bavarians to still be regarded as South Germans when that is not the case for Austrians, seeing as the cultures and languages are very similar, moreso than say Bavarian and Swabian

• 10Like
Reactions:
So do the character models change based on their food circumstances even? Those starving labourers look absolutely gaunt. That's quite a touch!

• 9Like
Reactions:
It shows coal seperately from the Iron. The Picks and Shovels option for Mining Equipment uses Iron and Tools, later versions use Iron, Tools, and Coal (replaced by Oil in the last one)
I think it is fair to assume that the first icon(s) are what the Production Method produces.

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 740302

Is there anything beyond that screenshot that suggests floors/ceilings?

Reactions:
Welcome to the first Monthly Update video for Victoria 3. In this video, we take a look at what has been going on in the first batch of Dev Diaries, and more! And because we know you'll want to get a closer look, we've attached the screenshots used in the video right here to this post! Enjoy! :)
Great job on the video! You covered a lot of ground and did so in a very efficient manner. I have some friends that might be interested in Victoria 3, but are not following the weekly DDs. I will send this to them! Thanks!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Would farmers be able to own part of private owned farms or is it all in the hand of landowners/capitalists?

you need to buy tickets to transport stuff by rail? cool!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Would farmers be able to own part of private owned farms or is it all in the hand of landowners/capitalists?
As far as I've seen, only aristocrats/capitalists for larger farms/plantations under private ownership. Small subsitence farms are owned by the peasents, but don't produce much extra income for them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And does that Iron Mine use Iron?
Yes? Why wouldn't it? You need to use something sturdy as structural support for the mine shafts.

• 3Like
Reactions: