• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

milsu

Private
Nov 10, 2018
I have recently replaced my disk and reinstalled Windows and all programs I use. But Parklife DLC in Cities:Skylines won't install. It just says that I have installed Deluxe edition and some "Pre-Order Pack", I don't know what does that mean. How to install the Parklife DLC that I own?

Upvote 0
It just says that I have installed Deluxe edition and some "Pre-Order Pack", I don't know what does that mean.

Deluxe Edition includes:

Pre-Order Pack:

But Parklife DLC in Cities:Skylines won't install.

I have no idea why it won't install. Are you using Steam?

steam dlc cities skylines.png

Go to your Steam LIBRARY, select Cities: Skylines, select Manage My # DLC (you might need to scroll down to see it).
Make sure Cities: Skylines - Parklife is listed, and the Install check box has a check mark in it.

Last edited:
Not familiar with Origin. I don't know what it means by "Unlocked".
I assume there is nothing of use when you click "Details".

Maybe because Origin has discontinued Cities skyline's!?
This is so, but that shouldn't mean just one DLC won't install.

In any case it is Origin's job to get items installed from your Origin account into your Origin client - have you contacted them?

It says it's enabled, so did you check in-game for the park features specifically for Parklife.

For example, going to the district tool and draw a park district?

This should list the features that you can look for:

Here's even a video from the wiki on the district tool:

It says it's enabled, so did you check in-game for the park features specifically for Parklife.

For example, going to the district tool and draw a park district?

This should list the features that you can look for:

Here's even a video from the wiki on the district tool:

I have checked in-game and there are no Parklife features.

Yeah, you're going to have to contact EA and hopefully get some help.

I have contacted EA chat support last evening, they have tried different things, I deleted my Origin cache, they have removed Parklife DLC from my profile and added it again, etc, but nothing worked. In the end, they have recommended me to do Origin hard uninstall, which would require to manually delete some registry entries, which I am not confortable of doing, anyways I don't believe even that would help. It looks like they have no clue how to fix this, or they know what is it about but they won't tell. Anyways, in the end I will uninstall Cities: Skylines.

You should be fine doing the registry, if they post the steps. It is hard to screw it up. Just don't stray around the registry and you will be fine. You can even post the steps here for verification as well.

I'm not confident that it could help. From what I see, Cities: Skylines have been discontinued in Origin. I could click and manually install the base game, but I couldn't click to manually instal the Parklife DLC, and it won't automatically install anymore. But I wonder is that even legal, that I can't use the content I have paid for.

I'm not confident that it could help. From what I see, Cities: Skylines have been discontinued in Origin. I could click and manually install the base game, but I couldn't click to manually instal the Parklife DLC, and it won't automatically install anymore. But I wonder is that even legal, that I can't use the content I have paid for.

Well, it's up to you, but if you want park life, this is your last holdout. But it's your money and your game. There's nothing more that can be done here.

Well, it's up to you, but if you want park life, this is your last holdout. But it's your money and your game. There's nothing more that can be done here.

And if that doesn't work, what then? And why would it work, there is nothing wrong with my Origin installation so that I would need to do a hard uninstall. It's not up to me, Origin won't install a Cities: Skylines DLC, period.

And if that doesn't work, what then?

Then you contact Origin again, and let them know you followed their steps and it still doesn't work, then ask what are the next steps you need to do to resolve this issue.

And why would it work, there is nothing wrong with my Origin installation so that I would need to do a hard uninstall. It's not up to me, Origin won't install a Cities: Skylines DLC, period.

There could be a multitude of reasons why it won't install. That's why you need to follow the troubleshooting steps to the letter. Then report your results. I know it is a PITA, but it needs to be done in an orderly fashion to troubleshoot the exact cause. If you pass all tests, then it is an issue at Origin. But as I see little issues of the happening, I assume it is some sort of glitch, or everyone would be complaining.

Also, make sure to do it twice if it still doesn't work. A simple misplaced capital letter, or a dash instead of a double dash can make all of the difference.

Also, make sure you are using no workshop on your system. mods can really interfere with the game and be a potentially large cause of problems.

It doesn't matter anymore anyways, I was planning to purchase some more DLCs for Cities: Skylines, but if it's impossible in Origin anymore, then I'll uninstall Origin and all the games, I'm only playing The Sims 4 anyways, but I haven't actually played it for a while, and it's lame anyways.