• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DPeck

Recruit
1 Badges
Jul 15, 2021
  • Crusader Kings III
Purchased a brand new laptop today. ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14. Have updated drivers.

When I launch the game from Steam it allows me to start a new game, select a character to begin. However once I hit start it begins its zoom in animation and the screen goes white. Then it never loads. Music continues playing, but I eventually have to start a task manager to force close it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times from Steam. Would love some advice.

In the game launcher please set Display mode to windowed. THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, also Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

If those don't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

Thank you so much for helping, I have done all the above steps you suggested....unfortunately it continues to do the same thing. I am definitely not super savvy in anything software/computer repair. However I believe I did them all correctly. This last step, this forum is not letting me attach the files on this forum stating " Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I appreciate any further help you can provide.

This last step, this forum is not letting me attach the files on this forum stating " Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."
That normally means you are trying to post a link to some other website - users with low post counts cannot include links, as a forum anti-spam measure. But you can attach them here as files just fine.

That normally means you are trying to post a link to some other website - users with low post counts cannot include links, as a forum anti-spam measure. But you can attach them here as files just fine.
You're a scholar and a gentleman for attempting to help. I found the source of the problem. Some old saved files from past games that were synced to my One Drive from my last computer that installed on this new one. Once I deleted EVERYTHING, uninstalled and reinstalled. It works! Again, thank you so much for your help!