• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Blastronaght

Recruit
20 Badges
Sep 3, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
So recently I bought the Expansion pass 2 (I already own expansion pass 1) on my Xbox one, everything was installed but when I went on the game down to the DLCs section it said I only owned the expansion pass 1 DLC. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and DLCs and now all the DLCs don’t work. I can’t activate/deactivate and it says go to Xbox store (which says I own the DLC). I have linked my paradox account, uninstalled and reinstalled a second time and nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated (I think this might have been posted before but I couldn’t find any help forums). If there are any questions that can help just ask.

hm

you may want to try the full 'xbox fix"

unfortunately it will mean more uninstalling and reinstalling but...it is the only way (trust me if you contacts xbox support, they'd have you do this anyway, so i'm saving you time)

1. Uninstall the problematic games/dlc
2. Remove your account from the system
3. Reset your alt mac address
4. Hard reboot your xbox [hold in the power button for 10s and then unplug once system is off]
5. Unplug your internet modem router
6. Wait 1-5 minutes
7. Replug in your internet modem/router
8. Replug in and turn your xbox back on
9. Once internet has been re-established and your system is back up and running, readd your account to the system
10. Check for any system updates [install them if there are any]
11. Install the games/dlc

in the event your system is up to date and the above does not fix your problem, then honestly you have one last stop gap to try and fix it
you'd need to factory reset your xbox

this isn't something paradox or tantalus can realistically help with as it sounds like it is on xbox side of things [plus any help they could give would likely be either similar to the above or telling you to contact xbox tech support and they'd have you do the above]

Thanks for responding, I tried one last uninstall/ reinstall before checking in on the forum and the problem fixed itself. Thanks again for the advice, hopefully it can help others :)

For PS4 the steps to take would be different, assuming the same problem is possible on PS4. A reinstall would still be something to try, but rebuilding the database in safe mode would be the first step to take. Then try a reinstall. Removing and re-adding your account to the system would not be an effective step. Rebooting your modem is unlikely to have any effect but can't hurt. The safe mode database rebuild is the most likely step to fix any issues. A reinstall should fix anything the rebuild doesn't. If neither works, then restoring the PS4 to factory default settings would be the last thing to try.

Hi, so I have bought every dlc for the game (console) and whenever I try to play the game itself "sometimes" the game disables some of the dlc's and I have to manually enable them, the thing Is: whenever I enable the ones that went down others do the same, and It also recognizes as if I have not bought the dlc's, I have tried to unnistal the game, change the data to external and internal.
What's going on?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, so I have bought every dlc for the game (console) and whenever I try to play the game itself "sometimes" the game disables some of the dlc's and I have to manually enable them, the thing Is: whenever I enable the ones that went down others do the same, and It also recognizes as if I have not bought the dlc's, I have tried to unnistal the game, change the data to external and internal.
What's going on?
it's a bug going on atm

no real fix

So the best thing to do... is to wait for an update then.
Thank you.
sadly yes

i believe Paradox and Tantalus know about the bug, given how vocal people seem to be about it here, on their dedicated discord and on reddit as well

the issue is figuring out what the cause is and how to fix it [because i think this is one of the rare console exclusive bugs, because i don't remember this ever being an issue on pc]

Some people on reddit have made the connection between quick resume and this issue, and closing/reopening the game from the home screen can correct this issue.

Let me know if that works or not. Also if anyone experiences this issue on PlayStation, please let me know.