• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Delhi into Hindustan for my last campaign on 1.30:

20210515103138_1.jpg

Afghanistan, Transoxiana, Khorasan, Ajuuraan (in the Horn of Africa, the color is very close), Gorkha, Gujarat, and Dali (another near-identical color!) are all vassals, and I'm allied to the Ottomans. I expanded pretty fast until about 1560, at which point I only needed a few more wars to annex Vijayanagar and get the achievement. After that point I began expanding more outside India. I kept the run going until I could finish the Indian mission tree. The last fifty years or so were easy/uninteresting aside from one war with Spain, who had colonized a few provinces in the Malaya region I needed. Elsewhere, Europe was pretty boring, there was a Scottish Canada and a Breton Brazil, and Ming imploded with only minimal intervention from me (I did one war for max gold and moderate devastation, then they got the regular internal conflicts disaster and too many rebels to survive).

• 5Like
Reactions:
1DE050C87A3F2C09BD527879EA5A6F6F1CCE96D5

Haven't played for a while, but the itch started again and i did a Great Khan run starting as Mongolia

Note the Militant Pope having eaten half of northern Africa

• 9Like
Reactions:
I have to show my classic Revolutionnary Roman Empire I assume, which was made very easily by playing as France, no-CB Byz and from then on I went for the achievements along the way (bit pissed about the terrible mission tree which require you to have low autonomy in 1600...). It was fun anyway, but late game really is tidious. Also props to polish Commonwealth for still being disloyal despite my strength...

I wished I had more time for culture shifting everything prettier but alas :(

empire romain france.png

empire romain catho.png

empire romain culture.png

empire romain vassaux.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
Thirteen Colonies -> USA
Released big Thirteen colonies as Britain sometime in the late 1500s. Went Protestant because it's better and conquered Indonesia, because why not? Could definitely have done more, but wanted to concentrate on a few areas as I have now converted this to Vic 2 (will see how it turns out!)
20210626164810_1.jpg

20210626164818_1.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions:
Thirteen Colonies -> USA
Released big Thirteen colonies as Britain sometime in the late 1500s. Went Protestant because it's better and conquered Indonesia, because why not? Could definitely have done more, but wanted to concentrate on a few areas as I have now converted this to Vic 2 (will see how it turns out!)
View attachment 734947
I'm more interested in that Mega-Chagatai personally. Any hand in that?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Little Lippe empire. I was lucky enough to grab early on a weakened Byzantium as well as have solid allies with France and Austria, so it was pretty easy. Bit of happy-unlucky when I got France under PU so I waged constant war, but in the end it was a fun run :)

I've tried to keep clean borders, and that's one achievement off the list !

lippe oui.png

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Holy crap, how'd you pull that one off?
  1. Ally Austria join HRE
  2. Ally Venice/switzerland
  3. Curry favours Switzerland/Venice
  4. Vassal Ferrara, feed Ferrara Bolonga
  5. Ask Venice nicely for your core back with 33 favours
  6. Rival Naples (keep a slot open for when it is released), excommunicate, Take Napoli and Abruzzi - Do not subjugate as you will not be able to rival other Italians and you will have a disloyal vassal. Do not state them keep unstated
  7. Set Florence as hostile, attempt to ally get rebuffed, send them a cardinal, set to friendly, ally them, request mil access, request fleet access, embargo, send insult, set as rival, excommunicate them. Good luck getting positive relations Florence...
  8. Eat Siena, eat Florence. Do not state otherwise you may be to strong to rival/ excom Genoa
  9. Leave HRE with the rest of the shadow kingdom, although you can stay if another Italian nation also stays as you have Austria as an ally.
  10. Set Genoa as hostile, attempt to ally them... you get where this is going but you need to be careful with republic elections as they will likely remove your excommunication
  11. Eat Lucca/Genoa
  12. Attack Milan with Switzerland as ally give them most of their land.
  13. Release Milan as vassal ask Switzerland back for all their cores with favours... lots of favours(around 130 or so). But saves you a war and plenty of AE. Ask Venice for Milan cores with whatever favours you have (need around 70 favours).
  14. Vassal Naples
  15. Reconquest Sicily for Naples eat Sardinia
  16. Excom Savoy, Eat Savoy.
  17. Ask Venice for fleet access, request mil access, embargo, privateer them, send insult, let them break alliance naturally, send ally request and get rebuffed, rival them, excom them. Get annoyed when your truce timer takes forever to expire and your excom gets removed. Try again/alt F4.
  18. Annex first two vassals 1454
  19. Annex Ferarra with a mission from nobles so you don't get a dip rep penalty, you got plenty of time for it to eventually trigger you aren't in a rush and they make a good level 3 coastal fort
  20. Annex Milan and Naples, always accept seizing cores via event or seizing a couple of provinces as you are finishing if you want to speed it up.
  21. Try not to state too early as you want to be able to rival Italians for excommunications, also exploit your tax base to lower your dev further.
  22. If Trent ever allies an Italian feed it to Venice so you don't have to fight the HRE for it.
  23. If you need to fight Venice a second time white peace one of their trade league members immediately, so when you take 100% warscore you only have 2-3 years left before you can fight that trade league member so you can white peace Venice. This helps cut down a long 20 year truce. Typically whatever minors are still around will join their league, Ragusa/Saluzzo/Mantua etc.
  24. If you can also ally France do so. Switzerland/Austria/France are your 'boarders' that will get hit with most of your AE but if they are your allies they don't care and if a Coalition forms it will most likely be just the Palatinate, Burgundy and South German/Bavarian minors that would never dream of actually fighting both France and the emperor.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Switzerlake / Industrial Powerhouse

20210701224310_1.jpg

(Scotland, Breizh/Brittany, Zena/Genoa and Dalmatia are my vassals.)

It's been a long time since I played in Europe but, even so, the power of such a small non-colonial empire surprised me.
  • My latest war, against the Ottomans etc, was embarrassingly easy. (Their armies just melted. My army morale is 9.5 without really trying, which seems absurdly high?)
  • I am making more money than I can spend. (Literally. I'm subsidising all my marches @ 50/month each, and I've gone round and given them manufactories and tier 8 forts everywhere too.)
  • The development mapmode is irretrievably broken by my capital having >400 development. (I did a LOT of capital-pillaging. What else do you do when you're at 100% OE?)
  • Aggressive expansion is just a number. (Many largeish neighbours with -999 opinion. No truce. No coalition.)
  • Governing capacity is not a limit. (That empire? 988/2100 capacity. I had some issues early on, so I built both types of building literally everywhere.) (EDIT: Just noticed a side-effect of building all the courthouses - state maintenance is 34/month, for about 3k dev outside my capital.)
  • The revolution spawned in Bengal (?!), and seems unlikely to spread much beyond India.
  • I've stacked enough yearly republic tradition increase that, with the aid of random events, I can re-elect seemingly forever. With 3 year elections, 6/6/6 rulers are easy. (Until they die of old age.)
  • Court and country completed with best outcome (not easy as a republic), so my eventual max absolutism as a Swiss republic would be ~120. But 3 year elections and free mp from estates are all really nice, so I would probably cap at 80 in practice.
Overall, there's not really any challenge any more, so I'm stopping here.

Some more screenshots in case anyone's interested:

20210701224358_1.jpg20210701224735_1_cropped.jpg20210701224701_1_cropped.jpg20210701224650_1_cropped.jpg20210701224423_1.jpg20210701224507_1.jpg20210701224449_1.jpg20210701224556_1_cropped.jpg20210701224821_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Hello there, may I introduce you to the Mongol Empire as well as Népal ?

I was planning to try WC as a horde with the Golden one but I really can't push myself to play after 1700... It's boring, it's laggy, it's micro managing... It's a no from me.

népal.png

mongol fin.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Very impressive. Particularly that tier-2 horde reform - I assume that's some kind of bug/exploit?
yeah, back in 1.28 you could select a government reform (like reform from a tribe to a horde), hold it, form a country (monarchy in the case of the sogunate), and then accept the reform, and you would have a tribal reform as a monarchy

Last edited:
eu4_25.png

Zoroastrian Timurids; Keep the Flame Burning completed in a little over 100 years. Would have been faster but I wanted to stablise my country after flipping; and the rebels kept walking in circles or capping my capital [Which I had to unseige or I'd capitulate with -stab and autonomy instead of flipping] before they reached the majority to enable a flip.

I'm also 1 province off both unique permament decisions Zoroastrians have; but I'm unsure if I'll continue to play.

125% Discipline in the 1550's is hilarious however. And I don't even have Economic-Quality or Offensive or Absolutism. I have Trade-Religious-Quality.

Theoretically I could get up to 140% Discipline without temporary modifiers.

Ladakh; Sirhind and Karabakh are my vassals.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Austria to HRE on nomal difficulty (Version 1.30.6):

The goal of the campaign was to revoke fast and get a high dev and mostly stated Europe. I did not finish due to performance issues and boredom in lategame.

eu4_9.png

eu4_10.png

Vassals are: Lithuania, Hungary, Gerogia, Nogai, Hamsa, Djenne, Kasachstan

eu4_11.png

Dev-map-mode:

eu4_12.png

States/territories-map-mode

eu4_13.png

Economy:

eu4_14.png

Ideas:

eu4_15.png