• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SuperMewKitty

Recruit
9 Badges
Jun 28, 2020
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
Crashes on launch,on rules selection and selecting religion when customizing my character
tried the github one and the 4.0.6 one that is on main thread
this used to work nicely what happend?i just formated my disk and reinstalled windows ,updated,installed steam and the game,tried the mod and dies every time

edit:attaching error log

Attachments

• error.log
    416,3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
tried the github one and the 4.0.6 one that is on main thread

4.08 is the last one through the stickied Master thread, main one and hence on github.

Outside that there are several github versions, depending on the location, so "the github one" is not very informative
and could be many.

i just formated my disk and reinstalled windows

Does the game start without a mod ?

PS: I haven#t played much, but by my impression the old version for patch 2.8 is likely the most reliable currently of the last versions.

Last edited:

Aardvark Bellay

i selected the last released one from git hub 4.08 then the auto installer that is 4.06
game works with other mods,this one crashes as i describe above,cannot select religion when creating character,sometimes crashes when selecting rules and crashes when it says LOADING,the other mods i use are :animal kingdoms,cheat menu,tech mod,those all combined work fine and i can play as a Lion
if i select only this mod alone without any other mod crashes too
so guess its the mod fault

Aardvark Bellay

i selected the last released one from git hub 4.08 then the auto installer that is 4.06
game works with other mods,this one crashes as i describe above,cannot select religion when creating character,sometimes crashes when selecting rules and crashes when it says LOADING,the other mods i use are :animal kingdoms,cheat menu,tech mod,those all combined work fine and i can play as a Lion
if i select only this mod alone without any other mod crashes too
so guess its the mod fault

To test i just reinstalled CK2plus from the offical link, the 4.08 version of feburary 2020.
Can launch it fine, can change religion for Karloman to ibadi in Ruler Designer, change game rules and launch the game.

Maybe it was luck with ibadi, depending on their conditions, but then i'd need a clear example of character and religion and start date
etc to work with that caused you the issue to test the same situation.

Not sure what you are trying to say here.
You installled the 4.08 version first and then installed the 4.06 one over it ?
Or that you installed both one after another and tested both ? IF so, did you delete the CKplus folder before installing the earlier version ?
And why did you try 4.06 in te firts place ? I assume you simply followed an old link.
Anyway,...

Hint :

1) I can only recommend to delete the ck2plus files and folders you got inside the 'mod' folder first, move the 4.08 in it and try again.

2) IF that doesn't work, quit Steam, if its running, rename the CK2 folder in Documents, create a new one with a 'mod' folder, start the game
(without any mod), let it recreate the CK2 folder in Documents, quit , now move the 4.08 version inside the new mod folder and launch
again.

3) IF that works, move all the the mods and save games from the old Ck2 folder into the new one, open the Ck2plus.mod file
in a text editor and add user_dir = "CK2PLus" below the 'path' line. The game will create a seperate subfolder for CK2plus then in Documents
for save games and cache files to prevent issues with other files in Documents potentially caused by other mods or whatever.

Last edited:
The latest downloads from the CK2Plus GitHub repository (not the CK2Plus_Rewrite repository) require CleanSlate (in this case, also the latest GitHub download). Do note that it's still a work in progress.

@Aardvark Bellay

installed 4.08,tested,crashed,deleted all from documents folder,installed 4.06 same but at least reachs "loading" then crashes
i clicked the Corcica guy and edit it,cant change his religion ,makes game crash,some rules makes the game crash too when changing them

@Aardvark Bellay

installed 4.08,tested,crashed,deleted all from documents folder,installed 4.06 same but at least reachs "loading" then crashes
i clicked the Corcica guy and edit it,cant change his religion ,makes game crash,some rules makes the game crash too when changing them

Same again, as you didn't mention the date, i had to assume the earliest in 769, so i did launch aforementioned CK2 Plus 4.08 version,
selected the duke in Corsica made him baltic religion, started the game, all good.

Seems to me your issue is local with your comp somehow, but not caused by the mod.
Maybe you are missing a DLC...i don't know.
Was fun to hear "Gulf of Riga" while staring at Cagliari.