• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, a person who's quick to anger is not patient.
OTOH, a person who is prone to holding grudges could be patient--after all, revenge is a dish best served cold.

Reactions:
OTOH, a person who is prone to holding grudges could be patient--after all, revenge is a dish best served cold.
Sure, no conflict there. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Join my infidel liege as a defender against a Jihad from my religion, gives me a Mujahid trait.
Sunni Caliph: Wut? I wish I had an excommunication button.
ck2_116.png

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, you're Muslim and are fighting in a Jihad, so you get the trait. Don't think the game checks to make sure you're fighting on the "right" side when it comes to religious wars.

Not strange as such, but... I'm not even two years into the game!

ck2_18.png

(This was just supposed to be a relaxed, carefree play-through between achievement runs. Now I have to murder my granddaughter.)

• 4Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So, I always wanted to do the observe mode thing to see what happened, and today I finally tried it. Started in 769 and let the game run itself for 40 years.

ck2_34.png

Austrasia and France are both ruled by Nibelungings - Austrasia was held by the Merovingians for a while - while a Karling sits in Italy. Saxony is doing well, although the ruler is Norse rather than Saxon. Laigin is working on forming Ireland, and has started to move into Wales. Sápmi is large, but doesn't have a lot of troops. Curonia is doing well, Crimea has a Polish ruler, Serbia is Catholic. The Byzantines have a strong Georgia as their tributary, the Abbasids are blobby, Khazaria is large. There are several large-ish power blocs in West Africa. Sogdiana is looking interesting for a possible game... The Zunbils are still Zunist, Tibet is falling apart, and a hindu kingdom called Ayudha is eating its way across northern India.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Weaseling Dynasties Part II
The last living, period, Umayyad gets installed in Persia. His Heir is the last landed, somewhere in India, Abbasid...
The really are like cockroachs, eh?
weasel.png

• 3Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Possibly the most competent AI I've seen.

867 start (not 769, where such blobs are more normal); a Karling formed Francia; then murder-married their way into the double empire of Bulgaria/Carpathia (also formed by AI); and they just kept expanding afterwards. HRE has not been formed(?!). Poland has been a rump state on the Frankish border for a century, somehow still independent. "Zigsaia" (Bulgaria) was popped out of Francia by a child of destiny, so the Franks were doing better a few years ago. England and Ireland are owned by the Rurikid dynasty(?!).

20210620115747_1.jpg
20210620120254_1.jpg

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Reactions:
And going by stats and modifiers, he's probably a child of destiny as well.

Reactions: