The Hohenzollern Empire 5: Holy Phoenix - An Empire of Jerusalem Megacampaign in New World Order

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If you are gonna criticize someone for what they say, at least make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons and not taking them out of context. What the Comitee and Han are doing to Tsai is pathetic.

It is good that there are people like Lisa, her dad and that one judge who are speaking out against the madness happening in the Reich, although it is bad who they are meeting terrible fates doing so.

Meanwhile, I see Manfred hasn’t learned much from his history lessons in Oskar’s class, considering that him saying the Holocaust can’t happen again is the sorta thing that people that were complicit in the rise of facism in both OTL and TTL said about another World War breaking out. Pretty sure there’s a poem that condemns that sorta mindset. Manfred and others like him can’t really complain when the Comittee invitably comes for them, as they didn’t speak out for the others the Committee came for.

Judge Brelitz is a tragic case of someone who held to his morals, who believed in justice, and could do nothing about the corruption he was a part of.

By the way, did you see all of my metaphors or did they not catch your eye?
Sorry, I don't think I caught them.
If you are gonna criticize someone for what they say, at least make sure you’re doing it for the right reasons and not taking them out of context. What the Comitee and Han are doing to Tsai is pathetic.
Unfortunately, this is a very easy way to get results. As they say, a lie can circle the world twice before the truth puts on its pants.
It is good that there are people like Lisa, her dad and that one judge who are speaking out against the madness happening in the Reich, although it is bad who they are meeting terrible fates doing so.
Idealists never end well, as a certain someone would tell you.
Meanwhile, I see Manfred hasn’t learned much from his history lessons in Oskar’s class, considering that him saying the Holocaust can’t happen again is the sorta thing that people that were complicit in the rise of facism in both OTL and TTL said about another World War breaking out. Pretty sure there’s a poem that condemns that sorta mindset. Manfred and others like him can’t really complain when the Comittee invitably comes for them, as they didn’t speak out for the others the Committee came for.
"I didn't think the leopards would eat MY face!"
Judge Brelitz is a tragic case of someone who held to his morals, who believed in justice, and could do nothing about the corruption he was a part of.
And he will probably be replaced by a committee puppet who doesn't share those morals. If only more people cared about his sacrifice...

I pity that poor judge who chose to commit suicide, he was genuine when it came to dispensing justice but the new system just won't allow him. Manfred is too blind to see the reality of the situation for non-Christians , which does not bode well to whatever future the Reich is headed if its Christian population choose to turn a blind eye or even encourage it. Dire times ahead.

I pity that poor judge who chose to commit suicide, he was genuine when it came to dispensing justice but the new system just won't allow him. Manfred is too blind to see the reality of the situation for non-Christians , which does not bode well to whatever future the Reich is headed if its Christian population choose to turn a blind eye or even encourage it. Dire times ahead.
"If it doesn't affect me, it doesn't concern me, right?"

My god. Seems like it turned from AAR into weird fanfiction. When did the gameplay coverage ended and we can see in-game map?
Gameplay coverage hasn't ended, I'm just adding a story to tie in with events happening in-game. I have gameplay content up to 2100 but I'm still working out the story for the later decades so I'm not posting it all at once. I don't want there to be any delays or pauses while I write new content, especially when I have to start work on the Stellaris mod and then play it.

Here's a world map as of 2030. No major border changes have happened since then, but that might change in the coming years.

1623959345243.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
That current world map is rather interesting, we got blobs everywhere when compared to the days of late game Vicky and into HOI3 and back to the Cold War segments. Looks like a game of Risk too.

That current world map is rather interesting, we got blobs everywhere when compared to the days of late game Vicky and into HOI3 and back to the Cold War segments. Looks like a game of Risk too.
My driving idea on the gameplay side at the time was to consolidate as many blobs as possible to reduce the number of countries to 16 or somewhere close to that. I’ve since walked that back a little (Yavdi not joining the CAC was because I interfered and withdrew it as I thought the CAC would be too powerful).
I wonder if we’ll be getting the previous world maps from 2010 onwards when we reach 2100, like we got an update for all the world maps from 1946 to 2000?
Probably around 2100 in a special update. But I’m thinking of also posting several detailed annotated maps I photoshopped which would give an in depth look at each region. There will be some border changes from the 2040s to 2100 which won’t be reflected in the gameplay because I only thought of them on the story side over the last few months, so I’ll use the annotated maps to show those changes. Right now I have a late 2030s Europe map done and 2100 maps for the Eimericas and Asia planned.

I have recently watched a video by the YouTube channel Invicta titled “Where are all the surviving Roman Senators? DOCUMENTARY” and in it he tries to ask the question of if there are any descendants of Roman Senators that are alive today? The answer appears to be mulled due to the fact that these senators probably did have offspring but we today do not know who those descendants are. Two families claiming descent are the Massimo family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_family) believed to have originated in 950 and the Cantacuzino family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantacuzino_family) who claim to be descendants from the Byzantine Kantakouzenos family, more specifically from the Byzantine Emperor John VI Kantakouzenos who reigned from 1347 to 1354. Despite no hard evidence to back ether claims up.

This got me thinking. Since the Reich was a product of a union between the HRE and Byzantine Empire, are there any families in the modern Reich that can trace their history back to the old Roman Empire?

I was also wondering what happened to Annie's bully (I believe his name was Norman, Norbert, or something along those lines who appeared to be one of the only ones in Annie’s school who bought what the Angeloi were selling)?

I was also wondering if you would do a biography on Ludwig Angelos?
The reason that I ask is because I think the only thing known about him was that he was the son of Markos Angelos, after the war he moved to the Basque region and became an elder.

Lastly, does the show Two and a Half Men still exist in this world and does it only last for eight seasons or does it continue with Ashton Kutcher like in OTL and if so is there still a debate as to whether the show ended with Sheen or with Kutcher?

Also thank you to @Ganholin for asking about a world map update so I did not have to. Also can you link this with your original collection of maps "The World from 1946 to 2000" on page so all the maps are in one place?

Edit: Thank you @CaptainAlvious for asking my last question.

I have recently watched a video by the YouTube channel Invicta titled “Where are all the surviving Roman Senators? DOCUMENTARY” and in it he tries to ask the question of if there are any descendants of Roman Senators that are alive today? The answer appears to be mulled due to the fact that these senators probably did have offspring but we today do not know who those descendants are. Two families claiming descent are the Massimo family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massimo_family) believed to have originated in 950 and the Cantacuzino family (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantacuzino_family) who claim to be descendants from the Byzantine Kantakouzenos family, more specifically from the Byzantine Emperor John VI Kantakouzenos who reigned from 1347 to 1354. Despite no hard evidence to back ether claims up.

This got me thinking. Since the Reich was a product of a union between the HRE and Byzantine Empire, are there any families in the modern Reich that can trace their history back to the old Roman Empire?
Probably. House Doria did claim to be descended from a classical Roman/Byzantine noble family, from what I remember. Not sure about the other families.
I was also wondering what happened to Annie's bully (I believe his name was Norman, Norbert, or something along those lines who appeared to be one of the only ones in Annie’s school who bought what the Angeloi were selling)?
Sentinel installed him as the Athanatoi director after Anne. In the second X-Division arc:

He tries to take out his anger against Anne on Diana and sabotage X-Division, only to be incinerated.
I was also wondering if you would do a biography on Ludwig Angelos?
The reason that I ask is because I think the only thing known about him was that he was the son of Markos Angelos, after the war he moved to the Basque region and became an elder.
Probably not. I don't have much to say about him. He was always a very private person and not a public figure, so it wouldn't really be appropriate.
Lastly, does the show Two and a Half Men still exist in this world and does it only last for eight seasons or does it continue with Ashton Kutcher like in OTL and if so is there still a debate as to whether the show ended with Sheen or with Kutcher?
Not sure about that. I'm not too familiar with the show.
Also thank you to @Ganholin for asking about a world map update so I did not have to. Also can you link this with your original collection of maps "The World from 1946 to 2000" on page so all the maps are in one place?
I'm going to collect this with the other 2000-2100 maps in a separate update I'll post at the end of this part.

Probably. House Doria did claim to be descended from a classical Roman/Byzantine noble family, from what I remember. Not sure about the other families.

That makes sense with how far back that time was it would be difficult to know for sure.

He tries to take out his anger against Anne on Diana and sabotage X-Division, only to be incinerated.

Ouch what a way to go.:oops:

Probably not. I don't have much to say about him. He was always a very private person and not a public figure, so it wouldn't really be appropriate.

That is true. I believe the living relatives of his fathers real life inspiration (a certain failed Austrian Painter) made a pact to not have anymore children so that name dies with them.

Not sure about that. I'm not too familiar with the show.

The only thing that I have to say to that is to treat your self. If you liked the messed up comedy of Married... with Children than you will love this show. Although I must warn you it is a different feel with Kutcher in the later seasons.

I'm going to collect this with the other 2000-2100 maps in a separate update I'll post at the end of this part.
I am looking forward to them. Especially the regional maps.

That is true. I believe the living relatives of his fathers real life inspiration (a certain failed Austrian Painter) made a pact to not have anymore children so that name dies with them.
Yeah, I imagine Ludwig did the same thing by adopting his Basque name and passing that on instead of the Angelos name, also renouncing his noble titles to further separate him from his father.
The only thing that I have to say to that is to treat your self. If you liked the messed up comedy of Married... with Children than you will love this show. Although I must warn you it is a different feel with Kutcher in the later seasons.
I'm not usually a sitcom watcher but I'll keep that in mind.

Proof

Wilhelm Karl said:
We, in Our capacity as August Kaiser of the Romans, hereby decree the following as part of this Third Nullification Act.
RECOGNIZING that there is still significant inequality between certain groups in this nation, We hereby nullify the following laws:

The National Childcare Reform Act of 1954
The Workplace Paid Leave Guarantee of 1950
The Citizen Salary Provision of 1949

May these symbols of discrimination and injustice be consigned to their rightful place in history, and a truly equal society rise up in their absence.
So it shall be decreed on this first of January in the year of our lord 2032.

Brandenburg Palace, Berlin - January 1, 2032

Justin walked into Wilhelm Karl’s study, carrying two ancient-looking books.

“Sir, here are the books you asked for,” he said.

He set down books on Wilhelm Karl’s desk.

“Were you followed?” Wilhelm Karl said.

“No, sir,” Justin said, “I made sure to cover my tracks.”

“Good work,” Wilhelm Karl said, “We can’t risk Elias finding out about this.”

“Of course,” Justin said, “I’ll show myself out now.”

He saluted and left. Wilhelm Karl turned to the books.

“Okay, let’s start,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “What do you want to find here?”

“Proof both of the main Hohenzollern lines are legitimate,” Wilhelm Karl said, “So Elias’ blackmail is useless.”

“Right,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “So let’s start with that over there. The official Hohenzollern family chronicles.”

Wilhelm Karl opened the chronicles and flipped to Princess Eva’s page first.

“So Eva was the illegitimate child of Kaiserin Ida,” Wilhelm Karl said, “And it seems here she herself had an illegitimate daughter of her own who carried on the line, thanks to the philandering bishop Godafres.”

“Don’t focus on Eva herself,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Nothing short of a DNA test will tell you anything conclusive. Focus on the genealogy of her descendants.”

“Same goes for Prince Adolf the Lame assume,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“At least Adolf the Lame was an actual landed ruler,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “He was named the first viceroy of Anatolia by his father.”

“Which means his lineage would be tracked far more carefully,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“Exactly,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

Wilhelm Karl put away the family chronicle and picked up the other book. It was the official geneaology of the Anatolian branch before the Pragmatic Sanction made them into the Siegfriedist line. Justin had probably dug it out of a library in Smyrna. He flipped to the very beginning of the book and began reading each entry after Prince Adolf, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

“Wait,” Elisabeth Alexandra, “There.”

Wilhelm Karl stopped flipping pages. They had stopped sometime in the twelfth century. Elisabeth Alexandra pointed to the entry of Viceroy Maria, great-granddaughter of Adolf the Lame and Queen of Anatolia from 1177 to 1186.

“Her spouse isn’t listed,” she said.

“So?” Wilhelm Karl said. “The same goes for everyone on this page. The records were spotty in this time period.”

“Which makes it all the more suspicious,” Elisabeth Alexandra said, “Perhaps one of the unnamed spouses legitimized the family.”

“You’re saying someone from the main line married into the Anatolian line,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“It only matters if the Hohenzollern married someone in the direct line of succession,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“So it all hinges on Maria’s husband,” Wilhelm Karl said.

“You know what to look for next, then,” Elisabeth Alexandra said.

“I need a DNA test for Kaiser Friedrich III and a more detailed genealogy of the family around Maria’s time,” Wilhelm Karl said, “That would do the trick.”

Elisabeth Alexandra smiled. “I definitely hope so.”

Die Zeiten, Constantinople - February 23

Anders and Vincent stormed into Jung’s office.

“You’re just going to take this?” Anders said.

Jung looked up from his computer. “Take what?”

“Vox Dei,” Vincent said.

“You mean Channel 2?” Jung said. “Bysandros’ channel? What about it?”

“Channel 2 is now known as Vox Dei,” Anders said, “It’s a Schmitz affiliate.”

“That’s why Bysandros is always on it,” Vincent said, “They recently received control over two hundred local and national radio stations.”

“So?” Jung said. “I don’t listen to the radio.”

“Aren’t you at least concerned with the committee giving Schmitz a monopoly on radio in addition to the near monopoly they now have over TV news?” Anders said.

“Boys, in case you forgot, we’re a print news company,” Jung said, “This does not threaten us economically at all.”

“Screw economics!” Anders said. “This is dangerous to our meritocracy! Face it. Print media has been dying for decades. If Schmitz gets a monopoly over radio and TV news, then it won’t matter what you say.”

“Control the media, control what people think,” Vincent said, “‘Freedom of the press ensures the abuse of every other freedom can be known, challenged, and ultimately defeated’. That’s what Theresa wrote.”

“Well, Theresa’s dead,” Jung said, “And I have no desire to let either of you die as well.”

“I don’t care if I die,” Anders said, “I’ve been through much worse. And if I die for the truth to get out there, again…then it’s worth it.”

“Do you have a death wish, Humboldt?” Jung said.

“It’s called taking a stand,” Anders said, “I’ve been doing this for over forty years. I’m not scared of death anymore. I have a duty to speak out.”

“Like with your recklessness in Bremerhaven?” Jung said.

“If that’s what you want to call it, yes,” Anders said.

“I swear, Humboldt, you’re going to get us all killed one of these days,” Jung said.

Bremerhaven - March 20

“This nation was built on the backs of men and women who refused to accept the feudalism of the day as their reality,” Eva said, “They rallied around Friedrich the Great, who promised them a land where all would be given a fair chance at life. We continue that thousand year old tradition today. It is our obligation as citizens to hold our leaders accountable, so they may fix their mistakes and lead us better!”

Angela watched Eva speak from a bench at the other end of the square. This month, it was just her in Bremerhaven. Anders went back to Constantinople for his work. He wouldn’t be back for a while. So it was up to her to keep the spark of defiance in this city alive. She was glad there were still protesters at the rallies she organized, but the crowds got smaller each time. Now there were only sixty people at her last count. At least it wasn’t zero.

“The committee passed a new anti-terrorism law last week,” Eva said, “For those who haven’t caught up, Romans who want to buy a new phone or computer, really anything with an Internet connection now, must scan their faces with Tesla Dynamic’s telecoms subsidiary. Doesn’t this sound absolutely wrong to you?”

The crowd murmured some signs of approval as well as some boos.

“You want to know where Tesla Dynamic is putting all that data?” Eva said. “Theodor Tesla is in close contact with Elias Anhorn and the committee. He’s giving them the world’s largest facial recognition database. Drivers license photos, passports, everything. Who knows what the committee plans to do with that data?”

Some good to get the idea in people's heads from Eva's speech, but I'm seeing some real hope in Wilhelm Karl's investigation. If that blackmail evaporates (considering all we've seen him do to people he didn't have an actual reason to hate), I imagine Elias will be dead before the day is over.

Wilhelm better find some thing to break the blackmail as soon as possible, before Elias can drag the Reich towards the gutter mud any further. Still can’t believe I got to the point where I’m rooting for Wilhelm Karl of all people, especially over Elias. Sometimes Zen I wonder if I doomed this universe by creating and brainstorming Elias’ character with you.:eek:

Eva, Vincent and Anders have a right to be concerned about Schmitz and Tesla. It’s kinda hard to have freedom of speech and freedom of press when you have two mega corporations own a monopoly on industries related to these means of communication. And to think we focused on the Kaiser’s absolute power beforehand and ignored this.

Also, Jung maybe a bit passive and cowardly in all this, but something tells me his warning to Anders will come true eventually.

Last edited: