EU4: 1.31.5 Majapahit BETA - Now Available for opt-in

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes. Though this seems to be because this change actually isn't working. The greek releasables (Achaea, Morea, Corfu, Crete) use Byzantine models, which they did in the previous patch, but Greek tags are defaulting to Eastern rather than Byzantine units. Italian ruled tags in Greece weren't using any units from Italy either.

Does not work for Swedish (only culture that can form with associated units) Scandinavia. Also tested Egypt and Egypt uses generic Muslim still. Arabia also uses generic muslim. Neither of these changes seem to be actually implemented aside from examples that were in the previous patch like Dutch culture using Dutch units or Turkish tags using Ottoman units.
Hmm I will investigate why it's not working.

Edit: Yep, the DLC files are still in their 1.31.4 state. I'll see if we can get that fixed.

Last edited:
  • 16Like
Reactions:
Yeah... Why weren't they nerfed exactly?
Because they are working as designed. Whether or not that design is healthy for the game is another matter.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Yeah... Why weren't they nerfed exactly?
What would you say is making them OP? From what I've seen it's WAD, and even if it feels kind of weird it doesn't seem to actually be adversely effecting anything in the games I've run. At worst I think concentrate development from wrong culture wrong religion areas to your capital might be a bit too strong. but great power AIs seem to reach endgame at 70-100 dev in their capital which I don't think is too terribly wrong. (Genuine question, I've mostly been testing independently rather than reading the forums)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Nice!

Maybe in addition to great improvements such as this:
- The Portuguese event "The Tower of Belem" will now charge 500 Ducats, but will now upgrade the Monument "Belem Tower" by one level. The event behaves as usual when Leviathan is not enabled.

could you also incorporate the Saint Peter's Basilica monument with the Papal mission 'New St. Peter's Basilica'?
(I think I should ask @Pavía ? If not, sorry for the spam :D )

The monument Versailles will now give -1 Unrest in the area instead of +1 Unrest.
lol, I honestly thought this was WAD :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can we please asjust development map mode in a way that it ties yellow to the statistical mode or median and not green to the maximum? That way the insane dev provinces introduced in leviathan don't distort it remotely as much
We're still looking into how to moderate Concentrate Development and to better represent the Native American development to not create such heavy outliers.

• 2Like
Reactions:
So is the ai GC issue being addressed so we'll actually see ai Russia or no? Also, is regular claims being forgotten for state coring purposes while permanent claims are remembered intended or going to be fixed?

• 1Like
Reactions:
So is the ai GC issue being addressed so we'll actually see ai Russia or no? Also, is regular claims being forgotten for state coring purposes while permanent claims are remembered intended or going to be fixed?

Governing Capacity I think is under continual review- we're aware that there are still issues with that balance.

Regular claims Vs permanents; not sure about the issue there and not yet seen a bug report about it. If there's an ongoing issue, please please please report it.

Reactions:
could you also incorporate the Saint Peter's Basilica monument with the Papal mission 'New St. Peter's Basilica'?
(I think I should ask @Pavía ? If not, sorry for the spam :D )
Yeah, you're right to point that out - we shall fix it for 1.31.5 regular patch.

• 18Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
We're still looking into how to moderate Concentrate Development and to better represent the Native American development to not create such heavy outliers.
Awesome to hear that! Hope you guys will have that as an update to the beta or 1.31.6.

Just...Please fix this before you start working on 1.32 (Even if that is also just gonna be balance changes and bug fixing). The debt spirale bug lasted 1 year and it was a pain to deal with.

What would you say is making them OP? From what I've seen it's WAD, and even if it feels kind of weird it doesn't seem to actually be adversely effecting anything in the games I've run. At worst I think concentrate development from wrong culture wrong religion areas to your capital might be a bit too strong. but great power AIs seem to reach endgame at 80-100 dev in their capital which I don't think is too terribly wrong. (Genuine question, I've mostly been testing independently rather than reading the forums)
And in 1.30 the average development of a capital was 40-50. It's strong cause it's easy to exploit and even easy for people that doesn't want to exploit to accidentally use it too much.

Because they are working as designed. Whether or not that design is healthy for the game is another matter.
...I was literally talking about balancing them. Not that the features are broken functionally. Functionally they work. Balance wise they're off.

Reactions:
- Scandinavia can now get the flavor events of Denmark, Sweden and Norway - depending on which nation Scandinavia used to be.
Very nice. Looking forward to the full release

• 2Like
Reactions: