• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Expansion Pass Four for Stellaris: Console Edition will be available June 17th!

Included in Expansion Pass Four is Federations, Ancient Relics Story Pack, and Necroids Species Pack. This Expansion Pass will offer new ways to play Stellaris: Console Edition, further deepening the storytelling and roleplay aspects of the game and filling the Stellaris: Console Edition galaxy with more wonder and mystery than ever before.

Starting with Federations, you will be able to pass powerful resolutions in the Galactic Community, form new Federation types, build new massive constructions including the Mega Shipyard, and the Juggernaut mobile shipyard, and choose from 8 new Origins to allow further customization of your empires.

Ancient Relics Story Pack (coming 2021) adds new archaeology sites and powerful new relics to Stellaris: Console Edition, allowing you to discover the galaxy as never before. Excavate ruins left by ancient empires, which could potentially reveal massive advantages to help in your conquest of the galaxy or discover Relic worlds long since abandoned.

Finally, the Necroids Species Pack (coming 2021) allows you to play as powerful undead creatures, absorbing willing sapient populations into your empire, with powerful new civics that allow you to memorialize fallen sapients, perform ritual sacrifices, and raise hordes of undead.

Get Expansion Pass Four for Xbox and PlayStation on June 17th!

• 9Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Sorry, can't get excited. Will get it, don't get me wrong, but feeling like we don't matter to the company just makes me go "meh" now because of no support/communication from devs and publishers.

I know, not much the community manager can do. His/her hands are tied and only allowed to do what he/she is told.

Not to leave on a downer, I am loving playing the current version now. Just wish we could have some mods. Would love the Kurigan ship set mod. :)

Compared to the PC version where the devs talk a lot, we have no communication what's so ever. When we do ask questions they seem to go unanswered or need to wait a very long time to get one.

It would be nice to know what the devs are working on. It would be nice to know what the future is for Stellaris console edition. We don't know if expansion pass 3 was the last one and if 4 will be the last one. It's always last item of an expansion pass was given, will we get more? Is there another one coming? Will this be the last. Looks like Stellaris Console edition is dead since no communication and then we hear something months later.

So yeah, happy I will be able to buy something, but no excited for any upcoming content since it seems Paradox (publisher) doesn't really care for us.

It's like we are just an after thought. Oh well.

Compared to the PC version where the devs talk a lot, we have no communication what's so ever. When we do ask questions they seem to go unanswered or need to wait a very long time to get one.

It would be nice to know what the devs are working on. It would be nice to know what the future is for Stellaris console edition. We don't know if expansion pass 3 was the last one and if 4 will be the last one. It's always last item of an expansion pass was given, will we get more? Is there another one coming? Will this be the last. Looks like Stellaris Console edition is dead since no communication and then we hear something months later.

So yeah, happy I will be able to buy something, but no excited for any upcoming content since it seems Paradox (publisher) doesn't really care for us.

yeah, i can see what you’re saying, but i also think you’re being a wee bit hyperbolic. on one hand, yes, they could communicate more, but then... what would they say when they don’t have anything to announce...?

the community team have already stated the aim is to bring parity with pc, so that answers all of the questions you mentioned. do we need them to reiterate that on a weekly basis? the only question mark i recall about console edition being potentially “dead” - and correct me if i’m wrong - was after the first expansion pass, when they said it would depend on sales.

we’re past that point, and they’re not likely to announce stuff like nemesis - the only unannounced dlc - too far in advance.

the paradox devs work on the pc version, so it stands to reason that would be their focus as opposed to here; tantalus are the porting company for consoles and i’m not sure what you would want them to say.

i imagine being a dev is a bit thankless. if they promise stuff too far in advance and - for whatever reason - don’t or can’t deliver, they get skewered. if they only announce stuff when they’re ready, they’re not communicating enough. ‍

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thing is, Paranoidsid, the devs had said nothing. I am not faulting them at all. I am faulting Paradox the publisher. They have nothing to announce? They have lots to announce. It takes them time to work on the content that Paradox wants them to. So since we are getting Pass 4, that means the developers were working on this about a year ago or at least 6 months.

They can be saying how they are excited to work on this or that for console players. While they may not be able to say exactly what they are working on, would be nice to read what the DEVS think and feel. They can explain the challenges they have had to make some stuff on the PC work for consoles and how they succeeded in it. It would be nice to know what they wish to add in for their own personal touches and would be nice for Paradox Publishing to allow it. Sadly there is nothing from the devs. I am sure it's not the dev's decision not doing so. Most devs love to talk about it. It's the higher ups that don't allow it.

Sadly it seems we will never get this.

Oh well, the devs to great work making the Stellaris Console edition, and I LOVE IT! Funny I hate the PC version without mods, but on console with a controller, this is an awesome game. Great job devs. Sorry I keep forgetting your name. I love the work you have done.

We've done two interviews with Tantalus devs in the past two months:

DJ and Producer David Doe
Pontus and Tantalus Devs at PDXCON

We're also starting weekly Console Edition streams this coming Friday.

• 5Like
Reactions:
So I may be mistaken, but I read the contents of the Federations DLC and it sounds like all things I already got with one of the more recent updates. So why would I want to buy it? What exactly is added that I don't already have?

So I may be mistaken, but I read the contents of the Federations DLC and it sounds like all things I already got with one of the more recent updates. So why would I want to buy it? What exactly is added that I don't already have?
They'll be explaining this more this Friday but we're getting more Federation types, more origins, the Juggernaut ship type, the Mega-Shipyard (can build an entire Battleship fleet in one go with +100% build time I believe) and I think some more megastructures

• 1Like
Reactions:
I know I'm a bit late here, but the DLC adds what Rhys said, plus 4 new types of federations (hence the name of the DLC), new laws within them, tier 4 and 5 of every resolution in the GC, a new Galactic Council feature, plus the origins are indisputably the most powerful in the game for the version we are updating to, up until 3.0 (where Necrophage from the Necroids DLC could be considered better), yet they are still A tier. Hope that helps
Edit: the megastructures added are the mega shipyard and juggernaut, which are amazing features for the game.

Reactions:
Expansion Pass Four for Stellaris: Console Edition will be available June 17th!

Included in Expansion Pass Four is Federations, Ancient Relics Story Pack, and Necroids Species Pack. This Expansion Pass will offer new ways to play Stellaris: Console Edition, further deepening the storytelling and roleplay aspects of the game and filling the Stellaris: Console Edition galaxy with more wonder and mystery than ever before.

Starting with Federations, you will be able to pass powerful resolutions in the Galactic Community, form new Federation types, build new massive constructions including the Mega Shipyard, and the Juggernaut mobile shipyard, and choose from 8 new Origins to allow further customization of your empires.

Ancient Relics Story Pack (coming 2021) adds new archaeology sites and powerful new relics to Stellaris: Console Edition, allowing you to discover the galaxy as never before. Excavate ruins left by ancient empires, which could potentially reveal massive advantages to help in your conquest of the galaxy or discover Relic worlds long since abandoned.

Finally, the Necroids Species Pack (coming 2021) allows you to play as powerful undead creatures, absorbing willing sapient populations into your empire, with powerful new civics that allow you to memorialize fallen sapients, perform ritual sacrifices, and raise hordes of undead.

Get Expansion Pass Four for Xbox and PlayStation on June 17th!

what time tho? it's 1:54 where I'm at on the 17th and it's not out