Option to Enable/Disable Babies for Female Prisons

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

STCContinuum

Recruit
May 15, 2021
Dear Paradox Interactive and Prison Architect Developers

Whenever I build a women's prison in Prison Architect, I have often found that mothers with infants are brought to my prison. While I am aware that real-world prisons in some countries and US States do function in this manner, I personally find the idea of infants in my prison quite repulsive. I would strongly appreciate it if you would consider adding, in a future update, an option to enable or disable this. I would also invite any fellow players with this preference to post your comments below.

Reactions:
I wholeheartedly agree with you. How does the game respond when a mother dies? What happens with the infant? I simply don't want to try to find out.

Yeah I don't choose females often because this drives me crazy. It would also help to have a custom deployment option for parents too, since they require their own nursery for eating it would just be super helpful to have them in their own area which might be super far from the other people in their deployment.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Isn't it the whole point of the game to put forward the uncomfortable realities of the prison system in a way that can't be ignored by the player?

If you own a prison most prisoners will give birth and the baby will be removed from the prison. There are some facilities that allow the woman and baby to stay together for a period of time all over the world for varying degrees but most countries say it's too dangerous and remove the baby to go home to family. So with that in mind it would be the CEO's choice whether to have facilities, transfer pregnant women out, or just to allow them to be pregnant and then after their birth send them back to their cells.....so it does make sense for this to be part of the policy.

Why don't you play a men's prison?

I'm not trying to be sexist or judgemental; just wondering.

If you remove the children of the inmates, you remove the need for the objects to care for them. Wouldn't this be the same as a men's prison?

• 1Like
Reactions:
If I'm not mistaken, Max / SuperMax and Criminally Insane Women will not bring in children by default. Only Min and Med Sec will, so if you want a femail prison without babies, only intake Max, Supermax and Criminally Insane