• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed a rather wacky ruleset.

In

Minor mistake in the ruleset, methinks:
JubJub bird (sorcerer): Watching and waiting high in the treetops, this fell creature is able to discern the nature of some of those creatures moving below. However, even such a beast is unable to detect werewolves in their slyness and all their might. Once per night, the JubJub bird may scan another player. Should that player be a Jabberwock (cultist), a Bandersnatch, or the Vorpal Bladesman (Guardian Angel), the Jabberwock will be told so. Any other player will simply be seen as a villager.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So, @MAWofdoom ... you might want to hyping this game up a bit by... a) linking the game by commenting on previous games/the planning thread, and 2) inviting interested participants who have played in previous games to play.

So, @MAWofdoom ... you might want to hyping this game up a bit by... a) linking the game by commenting on previous games/the planning thread, and 2) inviting interested participants who have played in previous games to play.
I've already invited several players and am working on inviting more. As for linking the game, I am unable to do so because of the spam filter and I don't know what to post on other forums yet so that may take a bit of time before I can do so.

In!

DAY 1!

One of the patients at the clinic is extremely mysterious. He always wears a trenchcoat, hat, and sunglasses, he walks very awkwardly, and his voice is utterly inhuman, though a doctor who once travelled the Himalayas described the accent as Bhutanese. One day, ’twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe. On this brilig day, one of your number, as a mean-spirited prank, decides to rip the trenchcoat off of the mysterious patient known only as A Plant.

The entity underneath is utterly bewildering and very clearly not human. He is photosynthetic and all green, but nevertheless ambulatory and capable of human-sounding speech, and most marvellously of all... apparently addicted to opioids? How could such a being come to exist? What biological pathways are involved? This entity is truly magnificent and unique and worthy of scientific research!

At the clinic, however, the reaction is quite different.

“What is that thing?” Asks one of you.

“He’s clearly not one of us” one of your number remarks.

“How does he speak at all? Does he have vocal cords? How does he take Suboxone?”

“I don’t trust it. Let’s kill it. He’s just A Plant, anyway.”

“Oh God! This thing really is a plant, isn’t it! Why didn’t we realize this before?”

“Hey, Plant, what’s your real name?”

The mysterious entity utters, with noticeable terror at having been discovered, “Rvswck!” and runs away.

“What’s did that thing say? Rovseawock?”

One of the older patients advises, “Beware the Rovseawock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!”

“What are you talking about, old man! I’m gonna go find and kill that thing!” Said Guillaume Pierre-Saint, so he took his vorpal sword in hand. Long time the manxome foe he sought! So he rested by the Tumtum tree, and stood a while in thought. And as in uffish thought he stood, the Rovseawock, with eyes of flame, came whiffling through the tulgey wood and burbled as it came! One, two! One, two! And through and through the vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead and with its head, he went galumphing back.

“And hast thou slain the Rovseawock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!” He chortled in his joy!

“I’m not gonna hug you, you pervy old creep!” Responds Guillaume.

Sadly, upon inspection, the mysterious Rovseawock entity turns out not to have been a drug fiend, but simply a recovering addict. Who knows what wonders humanity might have uncovered had he been allowed to live.

ROVSEA the RECOVERING ADDICT (VILLAGER) IS LYNCHED

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Hey MAW, when were you planning to start this game?
I was planning on closing signups either around deadline today or tomorrow since I didn't want signups to last more than a week but I wanted to see if anyone else would join. I do think that the 18 players we have now is a decent number, so I think it may very well start today.

Role received. I’m a Van Helsing with triple blessed, PL, and a cloak.