• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No active current plans for it with Invictus, but you’re not the first person I’ve seen interested in it so perhaps it’s something we can be open to (and something it’s I’d personally want to see).

It's another changing point in history (like Alexander's war with Persia) so I'm not surprised there are people interested in it. Early history of Christianity is very interesting to me and that's why I'd love to see it in the game, hopefully done with as great attention to historical details as the rest of the game and mod.

I'll expand on this a bit, we delayed the enddate to the 30th of December 1BC for no particular reason so you do get an extra 27years in the game.
Christianity is a contentious issue in history, so any extension further than 1BC of the enddate would most likely see only minimal Christian content.

Pushing the end date is quite easy, adding new content there is much more difficult, especially to those with little modding skills like me. Adding christianity would require adding a completely new religion to the game, proper "emerging" events and conditions and then some other things like decisions and events.
And "contentious"? It happened, we know more or less why and how it happened... It's just history.

• 2Like
Reactions:
This seems to be the most ambitious mod for this game and I love it. Thanks for your hard work!
Have you thought about expanding some major rivers like the Rhine or the Danube as well as others? Or even adding some new major rivers?
I always liked the addition of these but I would like to see them forfilling their purpose of acting as a bourder with just some chokepoints even more.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This seems to be the most ambitious mod for this game and I love it. Thanks for your hard work!
Have you thought about expanding some major rivers like the Rhine or the Danube as well as others? Or even adding some new major rivers?
I always liked the addition of these but I would like to see them forfilling their purpose of acting as a bourder with just some chokepoints even more.
There's the navigable rivers mod that does something similar afaik.

Reactions:
There's the navigable rivers mod that does something similar afaik.
That´s right or the "Roma:Invicta" mod as well if not even better.

But what I would like to see is that the provinces are also changed that no river flows threw the middle of a single province. That the major rivers are always between two provinces iykwim.
This would require a little mapchanging

Reactions:
It's another changing point in history (like Alexander's war with Persia) so I'm not surprised there are people interested in it. Early history of Christianity is very interesting to me and that's why I'd love to see it in the game, hopefully done with as great attention to historical details as the rest of the game and mod.

Pushing the end date is quite easy, adding new content there is much more difficult, especially to those with little modding skills like me. Adding christianity would require adding a completely new religion to the game, proper "emerging" events and conditions and then some other things like decisions and events.
And "contentious"? It happened, we know more or less why and how it happened... It's just history.
It's a "contentious issue" for skeptical revisionists who believe in the Christ-myth-theory (i.e. Jesus never existed) and for rigorous fundamentalists who would be offended by anything less than the gospel-as-written (no alternate history allowed). I don't think we need to worry about either of those groups.

• 3Like
Reactions:
A date I think I'd like to see is 279 BCE, a date much more important for the general progress of history than the somewhat arbitrary choice of 'before the Battle of Ipsos'. The decision to start the game just before the collapse of the Antigonids still makes no sense to me; until the new DLC came out the game basically became historical fantasy; I wouldn't even dignify it with alternate history.

If we must have 'before the battle of Ipsos', then the solution was actually right there. Start it immediately after Alexander's death and let people actually play through that.

Reactions:
A date I think I'd like to see is 279 BCE, a date much more important for the general progress of history than the somewhat arbitrary choice of 'before the Battle of Ipsos'. The decision to start the game just before the collapse of the Antigonids still makes no sense to me; until the new DLC came out the game basically became historical fantasy; I wouldn't even dignify it with alternate history.

If we must have 'before the battle of Ipsos', then the solution was actually right there. Start it immediately after Alexander's death and let people actually play through that.
I think the reason its 304 (and not 322) is bcs of Rome. It just finished the 2nd Samnite War, before that Rome would have been no one, and Rome is basically the known player of Antiquity, besides the greek city states - who had their highs centuries ago. In 322 Rome was nothing and its potential the same or even below the Samnite, Etruscan, Lucanian or whoever you want in Italy.
Edit: I have to agree though, after Alexanders death it would have been very enteratining to play some other Diadochi - such as Eumenes, Perdikkas or Krateros.
In a CK Setting this could be xpanded upon, where you can even play as the underage Alexander IV and his Regent, trying to hold your vassals - the diadochi - and the realm together.

• 2Like
Reactions:
DD5: Black Sea missions + Translations + Diadochi CB
Salvete readers!
Today we will be talking about the newly developed Black sea missions and an optional change to the Diadochi CB.

To begin, I’ll hand you over to traced_169

Salvete! I'm traced_169 (@Hannibal_theCannibal) and I'm a developer working on expanding Hellenic Mission content. Today, I'd like to talk about what I've been working on these past few weeks: Greek Republics in the Black Sea region.

Some may wonder why focus on this topic? There already exists a generic Greek mission centered around controlling the Greek ports on the Pontos Euxinos. Shouldn't that be enough? Well, several team members and myself have found that the Inhospitable Mission, while fairly robust, fun, and flavourful, is largely geared towards Medium sized Hellenic nations in the region, ignoring the realities of the many smaller Greek city states that are sorely lacking in flavour. My goal with this mission is to offer another path of growth and possibly a taller style of play for the Greek republics in the region. Additionally, the tree includes several interactions with your nation's senate, so all monarchies (and tribes I suppose) are excluded from accessing the Mission. So without further ado, let's jump in.

reFZDkPpiPoU0ukCupRw3tlimO4WRTlYuYPOsuKrW83Ffsv4F_Xqw_Q5xWVMFJ1S2E7merXCDlLbnUUVxJR5Sf63xmexj9NluyOXKfPdKpd9rPyDG4qAMe-RisbUzNM4NAx4gdY-

fjF9Dn8RZQKqgwZw1ZJA3uF748iP-ZE5V7t6ja6X_BdRSeQZuWuI7ZqjO8BthEebFV6LpT3LsNRM9mciWzxoklROd5-AjTZ-8lsE7c0pjwOu4sLZA9mdKurSS41tiHbV84kV6MYV

As you can see, the mission incorporates one main branch (with some optional tasks and some diverging paths), one optional task, and one entirely optional branch. The main branch focuses on the building up of the capital region, either diplomatic or aggressive expansion of your nation, gaining senate backing, and ultimately, the formation of a new league of cities. There will be three new Nation tags available, depending on where you start and if you can conquer/acquire the necessary territories. While we may not have historical evidence that these proposed leagues ever existed, our scholars are convinced that under the right conditions their creation would have been entirely possible. If these small, disparate colonies were to strike out from under the influence of the successor kingdoms/local barbarian nations, it would have been pertinent for fellow Greeks to band together in common military and economic interest. We feel this is a great way to provide some interesting ahistorical playthrough paths.

Below is the flag for the Istrian League, the league of cities settled in East Thracia on the Black Sea coast.
GFq1bfwA5u9H6aNXLzy0yiuN8vXTzPdgRmApHyaC_mfumjmqES3rsCJP1SdIlk5113EXaVeKPTlckn9eK0QgbJYlfTS6_JADA-dq-2qeNJ1MZ8NY458OtWbwTYy-FCySvWLvcVE1

Next we have the flag for the Bosporan League, centered around the republics of Tyras, Olbia, and Chersonesus.
9_KRjCvyWcTtJZ_ymj2QYjCEBv7J1qFdEbpcTGMVPMEL4K7wIGoNz42YQTfWorRbxvYKpf8ZWRk2IqcR8uqFU5HGlsEUddNU-vOV70vCTAyJI5PJ-iNG2ceblvqMmhYLyVwUtD_v

And lastly, the Pontic League, comprising important cities on the north coast of anatolia, can be seen below.
wpKFCyxQ_mTKTeqrCABXC5aWR_7DHPffKLXTIvc9QdEdIPLXa90s-zjYVfYT3tkXJSspO7YXn1P7I672L0pnMAL1-l0prOKKUvZ-f0JnQeOSD-87YY3e-oGiaDivuRjPVw7PUxPn

In addition to the main branch, there are several optional tasks available, focusing on the building up of naval infrastructure and supporting a large fleet, settling recently conquered/acquired territory, diplomatically acquiring more cities to join your cause, as well as slave trade with the Scythians and Sarmatians, which was an extremely important part of the mercantile economic system in the Black Sea region.
7p12M4lcJUAs3yg6zlckHwV9BUooobsCttf88frkep8gdiLiUzpgRczd6e90oCqO_Qatcwr2-CJgOY2KatV3w2uOSz8C54UXwQHleunlyV1iNyu456eEZr-oaLgrgV58dwQxTVSj

The optional mission branch focuses on the legacy of Greek colonists in the region, culminating in the search for the Taurian temple of Artemis located somewhere on the Crimean peninsula. Turning both to mythological sources as well as Euripedes, the temple of Artemis (in Taurica) played a central role in the story of Iphegeneia, the daughter of Agamemnon, and how she was saved from being sacrificed by her father by the goddess Artemis. In the tale, she is whisked away to the Temple of Artemis in Tauris and is made a high priestess there. Sources vary on what happens next, whether she returned to Greece with either an image of Artemis or a copy of the image of Artemis. What's important for our purposes is that this image of Artemis was purportedly made from materials fallen from the heavens.

In our mission task, a traveler comes to court describing rumors of the ruins of a temple in the Crimea region featuring a unique-looking goddess statue. The player will be given the opportunity to launch an expedition to locate and return the statue to their capital, thus earning the respect of the Greek world and winning great prestige for themselves. Upon completion, the players will be able to unlock one of two new deities that are specific to the region: the Artemis Tauropolos and Hecate Iphimede (in some versions of the story, Iphigeneia is transformed by Artemis into the goddess Hecate. As this deity is already in the base game, we have created a regionally specific version of the goddess of magic to better reflect the regional nature of her worship). Please note that the task requirements and rewards are still undergoing playtesting and could change before launch.
5i1WgSUT0vwgNZGkEh7ibHt9J-7uUO8uQ7o2QqOlu4Xga3Q-7G0w_HdEw2DgzqDruh8FdKbgY5iNgBVF-CsFs2BMa4KKiIQp52Jyscl2q1wJHBOUqw9NM8vYb1yQO1yBH01Qk9cy

One other small addition to this tree focuses on one possible rival, the Bosporan Kingdom. As the heirs to the greek tradition in the region up to and during the time of Roman domination, the Greeks have ostensibly been ‘led’ by the Bosporan Kingdom for centuries. In our alternate history telling, the Bosporan Kingdom serves as a rival to nations participating in this mission, as they are both a formidable military and economic foe in addition to taking the opposite political stance in governance (they are a monarchy while we are a republic). The optional mission task in question concerns their capital Pantakaipon and if it has been razed, leaving a power vacuum in the Cimmerian Bosphorus. Players will have the opportunity to found a new city in its place, named ‘Manitra’ (which is actually based on the relatively recent discovery of a greek colony nearby).
hSgHJuCqR3xl5eM3ODiywlrnozgok4wVAfm0LDAJ8qNU1o-DAk4-eAzNiWpXkQYsaqLNkikgNDFcXFmPW1yWvS1dyGD7RXRBg3bQTp3ZFmAjYhfgilcEBn-8CW87p-mp055g3a9r

With the addition of these two new deities and the three new formable nations, we hope to have added a little bit more incentive to play as one of these often overlooked smaller nations. Just a quick shout out to the rest of the team for all their help and input, with special thanks to OmegaCorps, who's historical input has been instrumental in developing the Mission narrative and to sealionforever, who has helped me get many of my ideas and concepts out of my head and into reality i.e. working code.

Now back to Snowlet:
We have decided to incorporate one of the scripts made by @Agamidae, which changes the Diadochi CB (we’re working on adding it to the Imperial CB, but it will be with a workaround). Using a toggle you will be able to choose whether you want the old or the new behaviour.

Now, what is changed in the new behaviour? Well, to begin, whenever you take a territory and there are no hostile units or forts in the entire province, you will take the entire province. You will still get the full AE of the province but this new system vastly stabilizes province borders and prevents bordergore.

We have also changed it so that the Defender will now actually get AE when taking foreign territory (no more free conquests as Antigonids). But to make it balanced for the Diadochi, we have also made it so that when you are reconquering territory you held at the start of the war as a Diadochi, you will not get any War exhaustion as you are after all, just reconquering what is rightfully yours.

Now finally we have an announcement for you, the mod will be translated into French, German and Spanish. This also means we’ll be improving the at times lackluster translations by PDX. This hopefully means the entire Imperator community can enjoy the mod and game.
If you’re interested in translating the mod to a different language, contact me on discord.

As a little teaser for next DD:
UGXgQyFQMxQ29i46p86OAbDDQObIeu7NO6HZ8uPSIrxTcc36Rl6xOn7voufTsENTHsInskC51akK1KgSYHysmHGoHgOsGRsABoq0ydQpSPlLgEL5QOA2lb_XoPDdlv_SJls5rX6z

• 33Like
  • 25Love
Reactions:
Excellent DD. It's great to know that besides adding new stuff your are improving already existing features that are not entirely satisfactory. I'm really happy you are taking the time to do this kind of stuff because I really love playing the game as it is now but there are plenty of features that need balancing or polishing to make the game expierence more refined.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you team!

• 5Like
Reactions:
As a little teaser for next DD:
UGXgQyFQMxQ29i46p86OAbDDQObIeu7NO6HZ8uPSIrxTcc36Rl6xOn7voufTsENTHsInskC51akK1KgSYHysmHGoHgOsGRsABoq0ydQpSPlLgEL5QOA2lb_XoPDdlv_SJls5rX6z
Aqueducts up and limited to level 3? too easy to guess :p

I wouldn't lie if I say that Rome and other cities had many aqueducts but that does not mean that they alone were cause for the increase on population. Correlation is not causation. Food should always be the limiting factor for max population in cities.

The DD and your work are very much appreciated. Many thanks for your effort.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It's a "contentious issue" for skeptical revisionists who believe in the Christ-myth-theory (i.e. Jesus never existed) and for rigorous fundamentalists who would be offended by anything less than the gospel-as-written (no alternate history allowed). I don't think we need to worry about either of those groups.
Exactly. People can't bend and appease such people at the cost of historical accuracy.

Reactions:
Aqueducts up and limited to level 3? too easy to guess :p

I wouldn't lie if I say that Rome and other cities had many aqueducts but that does not mean that they alone were cause for the increase on population. Correlation is not causation. Food should always be the limiting factor for max population in cities.

The DD and your work are very much appreciated. Many thanks for your effort.
True... Though if I want to be quarrelsome, I could say people can survive without food for weeks, but no more than seven(7) days without water. :p

Edit: Correction, approx three weeks without food, and 3-4 days without water.

Reactions:
True... Though if I want to be quarrelsome, I could say people can survive without food for weeks, but no more than seven(7) days without water. :p

Edit: Correction, approx three weeks without food, and 3-4 days without water.
You are completely right. Food and water are absolutely necessary to sustain the population of any city.

Food production is simulated by the game. Sadly, water is not, you only have to build one more aqueduct and voilà, you have more clean water.

I thought about aqueducts as infrastructure and not water.

I suppose there is no point simulating fresh water as people will build wells or aqueducts to have it, there was no production of water at that time. But then, the availability of clean water in deserts and marshes, etc… should be a limit for how many people you can have in a city. Or like someone has said, give us the possibility to build aqueducts through territories, like roads, to provide clean water from rivers in one territory to other territories without it, like mountains, deserts, etc…

You are completely right. Food and water are absolutely necessary to sustain the population of any city.

Food production is simulated by the game. Sadly, water is not, you only have to build one more aqueduct and voilà, you have more clean water.

I thought about aqueducts as infrastructure and not water.

I suppose there is no point simulating fresh water as people will build wells or aqueducts to have it, there was no production of water at that time. But then, the availability of clean water in deserts and marshes, etc… should be a limit for how many people you can have in a city. Or like someone has said, give us the possibility to build aqueducts through territories, like roads, to provide clean water from rivers in one territory to other territories without it, like mountains, deserts, etc…
I was only joking but, thanks for the reply, but you certainly touch a point which is interesting.
Maybe water supply and the access to water should be a factor for both cities and armies, and more critical than food for armies.
Some places needs more aqueducts and wells than others etc.
Food and be stored over time more easily but water runs out much faster so being a city i dry arid lands or marching you army through deserts should be a disaster unless you invest a ton of infrastructure etc.

Also a bedouin army should survive much more easily in the desert than a roman legion just because of water amd where to find it etc and how to equip yourself for the desert.

I dont know, but build upon what I am trying to say.. gotta go

• 3Like
Reactions: