• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The one that says Iclingas Invasion 570 AD from the anglo_saxon_invasion_events.txt. I think it is not a save related problem as I tried to fire the event on multiple new games using console commands but that same bug keeps on happening.

Triggering it by console on a new game works fine for me. You're talking about event 313050, right? If that's the case then you might have some mod conflicts (highly unlikely that it would cause this sort of thing, but possible) or a corrupted install, so I'd recommend checking your checksum, validating your game files, and redownloading the mod.

Edit: Hmm, actually this might be a known bug that was reported a while ago, it'll probably be fixed in the next version.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Very excited for the CK3 version. By the way, is there by any chance a Discord for the mod,

We don't have a public server, though we would be happy set one up if there's sufficient interest.

• 20Like
Reactions:
I'll be generous - we'll set one up if my earlier post gets at least 6 likes/agrees.
Well, it now has 8 likes:

1E161896-5AD4-472A-B61A-9A9C6E4DE453.jpeg

Hiya lads, this is by far my favourite mod for CK2 (well, tied with HIP) and I'm so excited for this to be completely polished when you're done! I have a few suggestions to add some historically accuracy flavour to Ireland, hopefully the first few are simple enough to add to CK2 before move on, but if some will screw with the balance or are just to complicated, certainly consider for CK3:

1) The king's steward was called 'Rechtaire' and a (major) minor title recognised Brehon Law would be a lawyer

2) After the Bronze Age, hillforts in Ireland not that popular. Ringforts (or ráth, in Irish) would have been the primary settlement of virtually all noble landowners right during this time. The most basic were univallate (single ditch) ráths , upgrading to a bivallate (double ditch) ráth, and finally a trivallate (triple) ráth reserved for the highest kings. After the triple ditch, it could then upgrade to a 'raised ráth' (even though these were technically univallate ringforts, raised ráths were often appropriated by the the Normans for their motte and baileys, so it'd make sense to require a raised ráth for a ruler to upgrade from tribal to feudal. Since that's just a name change to a building, hopefully this could be pretty easy to incorporate

3) The kingdoms in Ireland have elective gavelkind, where they should be essentially dynastic elective at least for the primary title (any male 7 generations out from the old king could inherit). Possibly allow for rulers one tier bellow to have a vote if ye want, since their interests would have probably have been taken into consideration as well? I don't know if other titles should just be distributed among the old kings kids, or if having an elector for each title would just be too hectic. From what I remember, Historical Immersion Project does a pretty good job with Irish succession law.

4) You have the Hill of Tara, but there were a few other royal sites as well. I get it would be a unbalanced to just blast Ireland with wonders, but for flavour, could ye add a few buildings with a little prestige bump? The kings of Connacht, Ulster, Leinster, and Munster would have their sovereignty publicly established at their respective hills, and if the petty king of the land surrounding the hill did not support the would-be highking, he could refuse him access to his property, severely damaging his carrier. So a bit of prestigious to whoever owns those titles:

Rathcroghan - Mag nAi province
Emain Macha - Ard Mhacha province
Dún Ailinne - Cill Dara
Hill of Uisneach - Uisneach province (mostly a pagan religious site)

Also, the Rock of Cashel, unlike Tara and the others, only really came into use as a royal site during the medieval period, so maybe have it unbuilt, or at least a first-tier building requiring an upgrade or two. The rest, being pagan, fell out of use during this time, so it wouldn't make sense to have them upgradable.

5) Finally, the fair of Tailtiu was an incredibly prestigious event for the kings of Ireland, held in Meath between July and August. It'd be cool to have a once in a lifetime option available to the King of Meath for a chunky bit of gold to declare a Fair of Tailtiu. It'd play out like your typical tournament event, but every tier king of Ireland would be eligible to attend. On top of that, the fair of Tailtiu was a way of declaring universal peace, so all attendees would have to end their wars in a white peace if they wanted to attend, giving the one who declares a Fair a 'enforce peace' option for the whole island!

Sorry for the fat post. If you could try incorporating at least the first few before the final update, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

Reactions:
Hiya lads, this is by far my favourite mod for CK2 (well, tied with HIP) and I'm so excited for this to be completely polished when you're done! I have a few suggestions to add some historically accuracy flavour to Ireland, hopefully the first few are simple enough to add to CK2 before move on, but if some will screw with the balance or are just to complicated, certainly consider for CK3:

1) The king's steward was called 'Rechtaire' and a (major) minor title recognised Brehon Law would be a lawyer

What do exactly do you mean by "(major) minor title recognised Brehon Law would be a lawyer"?

2) After the Bronze Age, hillforts in Ireland not that popular. Ringforts (or ráth, in Irish) would have been the primary settlement of virtually all noble landowners right during this time. The most basic were univallate (single ditch) ráths , upgrading to a bivallate (double ditch) ráth, and finally a trivallate (triple) ráth reserved for the highest kings. After the triple ditch, it could then upgrade to a 'raised ráth' (even though these were technically univallate ringforts, raised ráths were often appropriated by the the Normans for their motte and baileys, so it'd make sense to require a raised ráth for a ruler to upgrade from tribal to feudal. Since that's just a name change to a building, hopefully this could be pretty easy to incorporate

Unfortunately, I don't think buildings can be easily renamed according to culture.

3) The kingdoms in Ireland have elective gavelkind, where they should be essentially dynastic elective at least for the primary title (any male 7 generations out from the old king could inherit). Possibly allow for rulers one tier bellow to have a vote if ye want, since their interests would have probably have been taken into consideration as well? I don't know if other titles should just be distributed among the old kings kids, or if having an elector for each title would just be too hectic. From what I remember, Historical Immersion Project does a pretty good job with Irish succession law.

You're referring to the dynastic elective succession from HIP, which is just feudal elective but restricted to the characters of the current holder's dynasty, correct? Besides the gavelkind part, what's the real difference between that and Elective Gavelkind?

4) You have the Hill of Tara, but there were a few other royal sites as well. I get it would be a unbalanced to just blast Ireland with wonders, but for flavour, could ye add a few buildings with a little prestige bump? The kings of Connacht, Ulster, Leinster, and Munster would have their sovereignty publicly established at their respective hills, and if the petty king of the land surrounding the hill did not support the would-be highking, he could refuse him access to his property, severely damaging his carrier. So a bit of prestigious to whoever owns those titles:

Rathcroghan - Mag nAi province
Emain Macha - Ard Mhacha province
Dún Ailinne - Cill Dara
Hill of Uisneach - Uisneach province (mostly a pagan religious site)

Also, the Rock of Cashel, unlike Tara and the others, only really came into use as a royal site during the medieval period, so maybe have it unbuilt, or at least a first-tier building requiring an upgrade or two. The rest, being pagan, fell out of use during this time, so it wouldn't make sense to have them upgradable.

We could definitely consider some flavour buildings for the other Irish royal sites.

5) Finally, the fair of Tailtiu was an incredibly prestigious event for the kings of Ireland, held in Meath between July and August. It'd be cool to have a once in a lifetime option available to the King of Meath for a chunky bit of gold to declare a Fair of Tailtiu. It'd play out like your typical tournament event, but every tier king of Ireland would be eligible to attend. On top of that, the fair of Tailtiu was a way of declaring universal peace, so all attendees would have to end their wars in a white peace if they wanted to attend, giving the one who declares a Fair a 'enforce peace' option for the whole island!

Sorry for the fat post. If you could try incorporating at least the first few before the final update, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

That's quite an interesting idea, but since we don't really have anyone working on flavour events it probably won't happen, at least anytime soon.

What do exactly do you mean by "(major) minor title recognised Brehon Law would be a lawyer"?

I just mean "lawyer" might be a minor title on par with court bard or regent

Unfortunately, I don't think buildings can be easily renamed according to culture.

Nuts

You're referring to the dynastic elective succession from HIP, which is just feudal elective but restricted to the characters of the current holder's dynasty, correct? Besides the gavelkind part, what's the real difference between that and Elective Gavelkind?

Sorry, I misread the rules of Elective Gavelkind (haven't played the mod in over a year, so I'm a bit rusty with it). I pretty much described Elective Gavelkind as it is. From what I understand, yea, the primary inheritor would be elected from the men of the holder's dynasty (the derbfine) rather than by the lower kings

We could definitely consider some flavour buildings for the other Irish royal sites.

Star!

That's quite an interesting idea, but since we don't really have anyone working on flavour events it probably won't happen, at least anytime soon.

Can't you make culture-specific versions of the building that get automatically switched upon conquest?

Yes, but hillforts are also prerequisites for a lot of other buildings which can get complicated. By that point we've moved well out of the realm of "easy".

How's everything going? What are you working on now?

I don’t know if a version of this mod for III is in development.

Hey, just wanted to say this mod is absolutely amazing and I can see how much love was put into it. I was doing a Kent(Jutish)>England playthrough and I have a few questions about it.

How does culture conversion really works in this mod for Angle/Old-Saxon/Jute? It seems that in the 40 years I have played, only 1 Romano-British province converted to an Ingvaeonic culture (and that was when I was still a vassal to Southseaxe), do these conversions only works when there's an independent correspondent kingdom? (Westseaxe being only able to convert west british counties when independent, for example). Does religion influence this as well? Such as being impossible to culture convert a Brythonic cultured province while your religion being reformed Anglo-Saxon without proselytizing doctrine? Also, it seems that prior to the death of Aelle, culture conversion in Anglia territory is almost impossible (as well as culture converting your own territory while still honding the high kingdom of England, or culture converting non-de jure Brythonic counties).

Hey, just wanted to say this mod is absolutely amazing and I can see how much love was put into it. I was doing a Kent(Jutish)>England playthrough and I have a few questions about it.

How does culture conversion really works in this mod for Angle/Old-Saxon/Jute? It seems that in the 40 years I have played, only 1 Romano-British province converted to an Ingvaeonic culture (and that was when I was still a vassal to Southseaxe), do these conversions only works when there's an independent correspondent kingdom? (Westseaxe being only able to convert west british counties when independent, for example). Does religion influence this as well? Such as being impossible to culture convert a Brythonic cultured province while your religion being reformed Anglo-Saxon without proselytizing doctrine? Also, it seems that prior to the death of Aelle, culture conversion in Anglia territory is almost impossible (as well as culture converting your own territory while still honding the high kingdom of England, or culture converting non-de jure Brythonic counties).

I'm not entirely sure what the culture conversion rate you're expecting is, but how many Briton/Romano-British provinces are owned by Anglo-Saxons? 1 in 40 years does sound a bit slow, though not totally out of the realm of possibility (though of course that depends on how many provinces there are to convert). None of those factors you mentioned are relevant IIRC.

I'm not entirely sure what the culture conversion rate you're expecting is, but how many Briton/Romano-British provinces are owned by Anglo-Saxons? 1 in 40 years does sound a bit slow, though not totally out of the realm of possibility (though of course that depends on how many provinces there are to convert). None of those factors you mentioned are relevant IIRC.
Hey, thanks for the quick response. Actually, it seems that 3 provinces flipped, Still a bit slow tho, when it's the AI I feel that it takes about 6 months to one year for a newly conquered county to convert, but maybe it's just my luck. If none of the factors I mentioned influence anything, then there's nothing to do about it I guess.

Hey, thanks for the quick response. Actually, it seems that 3 provinces flipped, Still a bit slow tho, when it's the AI I feel that it takes about 6 months to one year for a newly conquered county to convert, but maybe it's just my luck. If none of the factors I mentioned influence anything, then there's nothing to do about it I guess.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't take 6 months to a year for a province to culture convert, outside of some special cases when new Anglo-Saxon kingdoms are being founded. In the early game Anglo-Saxons should take an average of (very approximately) ~30 years to culture convert Romano-British provinces.

Apparently the Enatic Clan reformed Hellenic Imperatrix of the Gallic Empire can not wage Imperial Reconquest wars potentially due to the "female=no" line in brittania_cb_types

I had two otherwise similarlyqualified generations of female rulers in a row, then a 24 martial son pops in after some bribes and he has access to Imperial reconquest wars from the get-go with only 1k prestige.

For potential reference into a root cause via sequence-of-events in case the line is not responsible--
-All-male line from Soissons unlocked imperial Reconquest in Britain, beeline to get Hellenic Reformation, one of the tenets being Enatic Clans and the other Civilized
-On noticing I could not create the duchy of Segontiacia, googled a bit and found most recent version on Steam workshop was two patches ahead, got it
-Transfer save with seemingly no issues besides potentially having a lot more income than I did prior which may also be chalked up to more feudal taxes and buildings
-spam Imperial reconquest or invasion cbs off cooldown until Imperator dies
-initial female successor does not seem to meet martial/stewardship/ambition requirements, she gets up to speed but does not unlock Imperial Reconquest or Invasion
-second female successor definitely qualifies in Martial, unulock Ambitious trait fairly fast IIRC, still no Imperial Reconquest or Invasion cbs
-pull some strings with a lot of gold, get Son on throne after enacting enatic-cognatic, 14 diplo 24 martial 10 stewardship 23 year old 1k prestige has CBs day one

Loving the mod minor CB weirdness aside