Is this a good score for year 100?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SneekMouse

Corporal
15 Badges
Jan 8, 2019
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Sorry, I meant to screenshot at 2300, but lost track of time, and, well, Ironman. Grand admiral difficulty, high aggressiveness, scaling off, modded UI only, no cheats.

Top Panel.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Your tech is quite above the average for year 100. I am assuming a ring world start? Otherwise I guess you are playing more wide.

Good amounts of alloys too. So yea, you are doing well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your tech is quite above the average for year 100. I am assuming a ring world start? Otherwise I guess you are playing more wide.

Good amounts of alloys too. So yea, you are doing well.
Mechanist start, megacorp, playing tall, but got a little lucky with territory. Pacifist so I can't conquer. See the pop and sprawl count.

There's so much variability in Stellaris that it's impossible to say without really knowing the exact pattern of the game. This is likely well above average across all players, but also quite a bit below the best results - even as pacifist.

Overall, I'm certain every AI is laughably pathetic, so unless a 25x crisis is about to spawn on top of you I'd say you're in really good shape.

• 2Like
Reactions:
There's so much variability in Stellaris that it's impossible to say without really knowing the exact pattern of the game. This is likely well above average across all players, but also quite a bit below the best results - even as pacifist.

Overall, I'm certain every AI is laughably pathetic, so unless a 25x crisis is about to spawn on top of you I'd say you're in really good shape.
Spawned next to Spiritualist Fallen Empire and Fanatic Spiritualist Militarist (exact opposite ethics) Empire, even 3 envoys couldn't stall war. Xenophobes most everywhere else, no solid allies but a few commercial pacts (envoys op), had to indoctrinate and uplift primitives to have anyone to federate with. Capital in the furthest corner of the galaxy, bad for Megacorps because branch costs scale with distance.

But this is a good run then aye? It's not just me. I think I'm ready to tell how I did it. I think this may shake up the meta.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant to screenshot at 2300, but lost track of time, and, well, Ironman. Grand admiral difficulty, high aggressiveness, scaling off, modded UI only, no cheats.

View attachment 730847
That is way better then anything i could ever do.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What UI mod is that? Overhaul mod looks different right?
I've got 12 mods on:
Immersive Keyboard Icons, Flags: Emblems & Backgrounds UP-TO-DATE, Tier Numbers: Tech, ASB Ironman, UI Overhaul Dynamic + Complete Colors, UI Overhaul Dynamic - Extended Topbar, All Stellar Loading Screens, Tier Numbers: Buildings, Tiny Outliner v2, UI Overhaul Dynamic, UI Overhaul Dynamic + Tiny Outliner v2, Diverse Rooms.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think it looks good.

That's a pretty huge difference in tech rate. I'd be interested in seeing the victory screen of the two games to get a better idea of how the game is going.
The recent and better match has 3 fallen empires, the older match ranks 3 & 4 are other players and there are 2 fallen empires, that one is also an egalitarian fanatic xenophile life-seeded start, which I think is the biggest thing holding me back. The main difference between the two is I've practiced my economy; instead of trying to get tech as fast as possible, I expand and set up a solid base, so when I do start building tech, I can do so without wrenching my economy. As you can see from the screenshots, my planets are much healthier than before, and their composition can be very different because of that. I also got better at tech beelining, including a trick I don't hear anyone talking about; get a lot of trade early on (clerks if necessary) on a colony and don't protect it's trade route, bait out pirates, destroy them, scan them, don't do anything with it. Scanned wreckage makes the techs permanent options, meaning if you leave them unstudied, they and all subsequent techs will never clog up your 3-5 randomized tech options, if you can make do without armor 2, etc, you can cut out half of the engineering tech pool, and make synthetic personality matrix (which has no weights, thanks devs) appear far more frequently, I synthetically ascend by year 80 now. You'll probably think this screenshot is impossible when you examine it, but I've also done some math and found that several of the 'trash tier' picks are actually among the best in the game. I'm editing a write up on the subject, it'll probably be done later today, and you won't believe me until you've seen the math yourself. The tier lists are wrong, Rapid Breeders/Intelligent/Unruly are not good, Docile is. (how is federation score calculated? the old match started sooner and with larger partners, the new started late cause I had to indoctrinate/uplift primitives to get any empire with appropriate ethics to federate with, you can see the tiny spot in my empire that is my only federation ally, this doesn't make sense...)
Screenshot from 2021-06-12 13-26-02.png
Screenshot from 2021-06-12 13-34-35.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
The tier lists are wrong
I don't doubt it. I frequently rail against it myself. I'm glad you're actually posting screenshots with economic and tech numbers tied to dates. There is just way too much reliance on theorycrafting which inevitably leads to leaving out important variables.

Reactions:
Is this leading up to you eventually proving the point you made in another post regarding cost reductions vs bonus production? I'm very curious to see the outcome of this discussion.

EDIT: just saw your post above.