Thoughts on the Vic 3 Buildings?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm curious, in a mixed economy can i privatilaze industry if i need money, or nationalize if i want to invest?

::Shakes Magic 8-Ball:: "Cannot predict now"

I have not seen any information that would indicate either way
I do not see why we wouldn't be able to so, with appropriate knock-on effects of course.

Some buildings make sense to be at the state level, but some like ports and naval bases really should be tied to a specific province.
They will probably graphicaly be placed reasonably. Biggest coastal city or a historically sensible place. Provinces will be important to military stuff so having the port be occupied makes it being placed in a specific province kinda important, even if you dont get to chose the province yourself.

There’s a screenshot of an admin building in the latest dev diary. Unlike train stations, which produce both infrastructure and tickets for local consumption, admin buildings just produce admin cap.

I made a thread on this: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/bureaucrats-national-impact-only.1478899/
Thanks for the link.

To me that picture has the bottom cropped off. I guess I was thinking (or hoping) that 'services' were hidden waiting for the service DD.
The absence of proof does not necessarily indicate proof of absence.

There are also a lot of differences between the Railway image and the Government Administration image that make me think that there was a design change between when they were taken. Making, in my opinion, direct comparison a bit shakier.

• 1Like
Reactions:
At the moment it looks okay, but it does raise some fundamental questions. If the buildings are placed on the province lvl, the question arises as to the meaning of the sub-subsectors. The Pops are also shown on the lvl of the province. What happens if I only conquer a part? What do I have the districts for anyway? For the army only? How do cities emerge within the province?

I also still need explanations about agriculture and the dependencies between landowners and farmers. Does agriculture automatically belong to the nobles or are there different ownership structures?

Reactions:
Thanks for the link.

To me that picture has the bottom cropped off. I guess I was thinking (or hoping) that 'services' were hidden waiting for the service DD.
The absence of proof does not necessarily indicate proof of absence.
Possibly, but it looks pretty centered to me.
There are also a lot of differences between the Railway image and the Government Administration image that make me think that there was a design change between when they were taken. Making, in my opinion, direct comparison a bit shakier.
Looks like the differences are all because the Admin building isn't a profit making enterprise (no cash reserves, no tracking of productivity/employee in pounds, etc.)

Possibly, but it looks pretty centered to me.

Looks like the differences are all because the Admin building isn't a profit making enterprise (no cash reserves, no tracking of productivity/employee in pounds, etc.)
The scaling is even different. For example the Railway image centered under the information tab versus the Gov. Admin. image going all the way to the end of the 'tab'. Where the Employment bar starts. First production method item is boxed on the Railway but not on the Gov. Admin. It cannot just be a resolution change since the production method boxes still line up *purple box goes from 'i' to 'h'. Maybe I am reading too much into this in hopes that there is a local effect.

Well, I hope that you are wrong... or that you were right before.

I must have missed something.
Can you show what you read and where that indicates this?
Thanks.
dd3_4.png

This image shows that administrative buildings produce solely bureaucratic capacity.
Next up we have Government Buildings. These are buildings that are fully funded by the state (ie, you!) and provide crucial civil services required for the smooth running of a Victorian nation. Examples include Government Administrations where Bureaucrats produce Bureaucracy for the administration of incorporated states and funding of Institutions, and Universities where Academics produce Innovation for technological progression.
It doesn't seem in there that Wiz is saying anything else. Thus, one of the "fears" raised last week was correct. There is (now very) likely no regional impacts from administrative buildings. The fact that they use paper and citizens and are a building is great, but that they can be built all in the capital isn't.

Looks like taking the whole day to finish this answer made me miss this thread, though.

Buildings as a concept are a good idea. It is actually important to simulate institutions and physical infrastructure and Victoria 2 didn't have much of it. It was, ironically, an abstraction that you could simply increase pop funding and use a national focus to grow pops. In reality, there is an essential physicality to the growth of the state. It is no mistake that one of the first things modernizing rulers in non-European countries did in the 19th century was found institutions like universities and bureaucracies to consecrate their efforts to transform their countries.

As an implementation it remains to be seen. There are things I like, like the physical usage of paper and the tying of pops. There are things I worry about, like the lack of regional bureaucracy, but it's still early so who knows.