• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MJF

Lt. General
9 Badges
Dec 31, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
All critical locations held for 4 days now. No BP, because my Finnish allies took Leningrad?!?!?

Upvote 0
They broke out the bitter peace from the USSR.txt file a couple of versions back (1.11 or 1.10???). So it now resides in its own file, USSR_BP.txt. Here is the trigger for the Soviets asking for peace (there are two BP events, Japan isn't at war with USSR and one where Japan is at war with the USSR):
Code:
trigger = {
        war = { country = GER country = SOV }
#        random = 35
        OR = {
            control = { province = 56 data = GER } # Paris is not free
            control = { province = 56 data = VIC } # Paris is not free
        }
        OR = {
            NOT = { land_percentage = { country = GER value = 0.5 } }
            NOT = { ic = 120 }
        }
        OR = {
            AND = {
                lost_national = { country = SOV value = 25 } #maybe raise this number
                NOT = {
                    war = { country = GER country = ENG }
                    war = { country = GER country = FRA }
                    war = { country = GER country = USA }
                }
            }
            AND = {
                NOT = {
                        control = { province = 187 data = SOV } # Leningrad has fallen
                        control = { province = 163 data = SOV } # Stalingrad has fallen
                        control = { province = 175 data = SOV } # Moscow has fallen
                        control = { province = 1907 data = SOV } # Baku has fallen
                        control = { province = 1572 data = SOV } # Sverdlovsk has fallen
                        war = { country = GER country = JAP }
                        war = { country = SOV country = JAP }
                        alliance = { country = GER country = JAP }
                        #flag = JAPtripartite
                        war = { country = GER country = ITA } # To avoid exploits
                    }
                }
            }
        }

Since I don't know the status/provinces/IC of the game you're playing, here is the break down of the trigger:
  • Germany and the USSR have to be in a war
  • And Paris needs to be controlled by either Germany or Vichy
  • And USSR's IC must be less than 120 or loss land/territory to Germany is greater or equal to 0.5 percent
  • And one of these two options must have occurred:
    • 1st option:
      • USSR has lost more than 25% of their National Provinces
      • And Germany must not be at war with the UK (eng), France, and USA
    • 2nd option:
      • USSR does not control Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku, and Sverdlovsk
      • And Germany is not at war with Japan
      • And USSR is not at war with Japan
      • And Germany isn't at war with Italy (example would be Italy is now part of the allies with RSI now part of the axis)
      • And no alliance between Japan and Germany exists
And now the second way BP can occur:
Code:
trigger = {
        war = { country = GER country = SOV }
        OR = {
            control = { province = 56 data = GER } # Paris is not free
            control = { province = 56 data = VIC } # Paris is not free
            }
        OR = {
            NOT = { land_percentage = { country = GER value = 0.6 } }
            NOT = { land_percentage = { country = JAP value = 0.6 } }
            NOT = { ic = 120 }
        }
        AND = {
            NOT = {
                war = { country = GER country = JAP }
                control = { province = 187 data = SOV } # Leningrad has fallen
                control = { province = 163 data = SOV } # Stalingrad has fallen
                control = { province = 175 data = SOV } # Moscow has fallen
                control = { province = 1907 data = SOV } # Baku has fallen
                }
            OR = {
                NOT = { control = { province = 1572 data = SOV } }# Sverdlovsk has fallen
                NOT = {    control = { province = 1372 data = SOV } }# Vladivostok has fallen
                }
            }
        OR = {
                alliance = { country = GER country = JAP }
                war = { country = SOV country = JAP }
            }
#        random = 35
    }

The breakdown:
  • Germany and the USSR must be at war
  • And Paris is either controlled by Germany or Vichy
  • And Land percentage USSR has lost to Germany is greater or equal to 0.6 or greater or equal to 0.6 percentage lost to Japan or USSR's IC is not greater than 120
  • And no war exists between Germany and Japan
  • And USSR doesn't control Leningrad, Stalingrad, Moscow, and Baku
  • And USSR has lost either Sverdlovsk or Vladivostok
  • And either Germany and Jap are allied or Japan is at war with the USSR
No BP, because my Finnish allies took Leningrad?!?!?
It has to be something else since the two triggers above only care that the Leningrad was lost, not to who.

In the 1st BP trigger there's a important OR statement (the one I broke down into 2 options). My concerns would be that Germany is still at war with France, UK (eng), and the USA or at war with Italy (remember that Italy is a different country tag than the German Mussolini lead RSI puppet). However go through the breakdown of the first trigger to see if you meet those requirements.

In the 2nd trigger is a fairly simple trigger. There is an area to look at that both triggers have...IC and lost territory percentage. Save the game and reload it as USSR. Check USSR's IC. It has to be less than 120. Just guessing here but with the Soviets able to move their industrial base east of the Urals and the vast provinces still not occupied, there's a good chance that the USSR's IC might be killing your BP dreams.

Last edited:
So none of the triggers above could be it, except the Leningrad being controlled by Finland. Wierd, since German troops took it, and from German amphib. IIRC, Finland controlled Viipuri by then.

NoBP_NoJoy.png

I did everything I normally do for the BP to trigger. I never read about a 25% territory loss aspect. I didn't record the IC of USSR or save the game before I applied the following solution:

F12, "event 2024," ctrl+F12. "Mach Snell!!!"

I have the USA next to invade next, and I didn't get Iceland into the family in time.

I did everything I normally do for the BP to trigger. I never read about a 25% territory loss aspect. I didn't record the IC of USSR
I'm thinking that, base on the screenshot, that either the USSR's IC is equal to or above 120 (which is in both BP event triggers) or the USSR losing 25% (or more) of their national provinces. I'm leaning more towards the 25%.

I always take the Urals all the way down to the Caspian Sea. It gives me a vice defensive posture/by securing the hilly Urals and that one province that isn't a hilly province, but is behind a river. So I can defend in the hills or across a river where the attacker has to attack from marsh, forest, or flat open ground.

I'm thinking that, base on the screenshot, that either the USSR's IC is equal to or above 120 (which is in both BP event triggers) or the USSR losing 25% (or more) of their national provinces. I'm leaning more towards the 25%.

I always take the Urals all the way down to the Caspian Sea. It gives me a vice defensive posture/by securing the hilly Urals and that one province that isn't a hilly province, but is behind a river. So I can defend in the hills or across a river where the attacker has to attack from marsh, forest, or flat open ground.
I thought the 25% as well, but my Finnish allies, under my MC, have taken almost all Karelia. I had not advanced as much as I often have in the Gorkij-Stalingrad corridor as in the past.

I saved over the last autosave so I can't go back to 10/1/40. Have to re-invade from that save or just move on.

And USSR's IC must be less than 120 or loss land/territory to Germany is greater or equal to 0.5 percent[...]
And Land percentage USSR has lost to Germany is greater or equal to 0.6 or greater or equal to 0.6 percentage lost to Japan or USSR's IC is not greater than 120
You donnot correctly represent what "land_percentage" does. It does not refer to territory.

It refers to the army size or rather the amount of land divisions units placed on the map. This includes exp forces to Germany and to Soviet union, but it does not include units in redeployment.

The event without Japan in Axis requires the size of the red army to be less than 50% the size of the german army.

The event with Japan in Axis requires the size of the red army to be less than 60% the size of the german army or less than 60% the size of the japanese army. So this event is much easier to trigger.

Also there is the third option to reduce the effective ic of soviet union to less than 120. That would require to advance further into soviet union as soviet union past Bitter Peace will have much more than ic than that.

In this instance however it is beating the red army that has to be done before the event can trigger. BP should not trigger while soviet union still has a fighting chance.

It refers to the army size or rather the amount of land divisions units placed on the map. This includes exp forces to Germany and to Soviet union, but it does not include units in redeployment.
Hey thanks for the clarification. I would have never guessed that land_percentage had nothing to do about land. Is there a better place where all of the parameters listed and/or explained? I've just been gathering my information from the wiki (really old content there) and the release notes (1.09, 1.10, 1.11, etc.). Any help would be highly appreciated.

So the land_percentage doesn't refer to land but the amount of land units on the map? So I'm guessing that air and naval units don't count either?

So only the number of land units count, not the type or strength of the unit?
The reason I'm asking is the value/count of an armor division the same count as an infantry division? What about the count of an armor division and that of an ACR? Or an infantry division and a militia? Do they all represent just a count value of 1? I truly hope that this isn't the case since an ACR is just a bit over the size of an armor division's brigade IRL or a militia isn't even equivalent to 1/3 or even 1/4 of an infantry division.

If one is playing the USSR and are getting their rears kicked, they could just spam militia into Siberia to keep Germany from attaining BP?

Just one last question. Does the game (parameter land_percentage) even care about the units, it's counting, strength? IRL a unit is combat ineffective if at or below 60%.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey thanks for the clarification. I would have never guessed that land_percentage had nothing to do about land. Is there a better place where all of the parameters listed and/or explained?

\Arsenal of Democracy\db\events\event commands.txt.

Code:
land_percentage = { country = [tag] value = [value] } #true if we have at least value times the land forces of country
naval_percentage = { country = [tag] value = [value] } #true if we have at least value times the naval forces of country
air_percentage = { country = [tag] value = [value] } #true if we have at least value times the air forces of country

All event triggers and evet commands should be explained there.

The reason I'm asking is the value/count of an armor division the same count as an infantry division?
It is the same as a militia division.

If one is playing the USSR and are getting their rears kicked, they could just spam militia into Siberia to keep Germany from attaining BP?
Well, they could delay the inevitable a little bit. But spamming infantry will have the greater effect regarding that.

If either army size falls to less than 50% or effective ic falls to less than 120, then BP can trigger. So spamming militia or better infantry can help to delay, but it will not force Germany deep into siberia, only deep into ic-rich regions like Kazakhstan.

The later can be substituted with strategic bombing or other measures that reduce effective ic.

Just one last question. Does the game (parameter land_percentage) even care about the units, it's counting, strength?
I strongly suspect that it is only the mere amount of divisions that count regarding the trigger. But please donnot take this a definitive answer.