EU4: 1.31.4 Majapahit is now LIVE! - Checksum [0f53] - Not for Problem Reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was going to say something about France being part of the HRE, but then I looked it up an there never was a king of France being emperor. Strange, I could have sworn.

You just have to go back far enough. Charlemagne was the King of France and the HRE.

But during EU4's time period having a Frenchie on the throne of Germany is about as abhorrent to them as it was to the English having a Frenchie on their throne.

I feel the salt too.

It's hard to accept the game has been unplayable ever since the dlc released, and these patches are no where near good enough to fix the massive problems.

We can't even see the monuments! I'm still laughing about that. The other day I clicked a random province and was shocked to find a monument there. What crazy luck! I would have never found it if I didn't misclick.... That should not be how we find them. And good luck remembering where they are later.

They did say a mapmode is coming, but when!?

Late game lag is killing me too. As if all the other problems were not bad enough.

And....still no official word on cb and AE fixes

Is the lag better than the previous patch? I haven't tried the beta because the game is just too slow and I didn't think the beta had anything about the quality of overall gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was going to say something about France being part of the HRE, but then I looked it up an there never was a king of France being emperor. Strange, I could have sworn.
If you don't count the pre-Ottonian dynasties, as holyvigil pointed out, the closest contender is the Englishman Richard of Cornwall who, along with being the nominal emperor between 1257-1272, was also the count of Poitou in western France. He was never crowned as the Emperor of the Romans however and hence officially remained only as the King of Germany. All in all not a proper Frenchman, but he did happen to be the sole English emperor.

Last edited:
Does this fix the bug where my diplomats are supposedly building a spy network, but don’t actually grow the spy network and can’t be recalled via diplo menu? Because having to play ottomans with only one diplomat was pretty annoying, won’t lie
Right-click the diplomat in the outliner. It will give you the option to recall without going to the Diplo screen, and even when the option to recall is greyed out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I bought the leviathan dlc the day it came out. I waited until yesterday to play it.
4 hotfixes.
But i still faces many bugs :/ so i'm quite sad that you didn't wait to release a complete dlc.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I bought the leviathan dlc the day it came out. I waited until yesterday to play it.
4 hotfixes.
But i still faces many bugs :/ so i'm quite sad that you didn't wait to release a complete dlc.
True Story. Same here. Want to buy Levathian but when i look at all the other guys which are rightful complaining about the bugs...no thx. trying start a new game with lower patch now....

• 2Like
Reactions:
Diplomatic annexation will be paused if:
  • the vassal is at war and rebels control one or more of the their provinces.
Late reply, but it might have been this one, and I was shafted by bad tooltips once again - because it simply said "both parties must be at peace", and it was the first annexation I had after the .4 patch. Nearly 3k hours and didn't even know that was a thing. o_O

• 1Like
Reactions:
Late reply, but it might have been this one, and I was shafted by bad tooltips once again - because it simply said "both parties must be at peace", and it was the first annexation I had after the .4 patch. Nearly 3k hours and didn't even know that was a thing. o_O
Well, I wrongly remembered that annexing paused as a matter of course during war and only saw these exceptions when I looked it up after you (rightfully) corrected me.

Isn’t half the fun of Paradox games learning new things? I am just glad to hear that this seems to be working correctly and that it is just another example of a misleading tool-tip.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, I wrongly remembered that annexing paused as a matter of course during war and only saw these exceptions when I looked it up after you (rightfully) corrected me.

Isn’t half the fun of Paradox games learning new things? I am just glad to hear that this seems to be working correctly and that it is just another example of a misleading tool-tip.
I haven't actually confirmed that it worked correctly, but Mongolia had constant Tribal rebels for virtually the whole game, and I never bothered to go up there and fix that particular issue because of the, well, constant state of war, so the situation checks out.

Trust still isn't shown correctly.

I deleted the details of this comment since the forum doesn't let me post it, flagging it as spam. I hope I can put it in the edits.

Edit: I promised land to my ally Castile while I only wanted to release Sardinia from Aragon, and it didn't show negative trust so I just went with that and I lost 20 trust. I then reloaded, gave them a province and the green thumbs up appeared with a +10 modifier for provinces. I check after the peace deal, and I lost 9 trust.

Edit 2: yay it worked like this. Apparently even the forums are broken now ;)

Trust still isn't shown correctly.

I deleted the details of this comment since the forum doesn't let me post it, flagging it as spam. I hope I can put it in the edits.

Edit: I promised land to my ally Castile while I only wanted to release Sardinia from Aragon, and it didn't show negative trust so I just went with that and I lost 20 trust. I then reloaded, gave them a province and the green thumbs up appeared with a +10 modifier for provinces. I check after the peace deal, and I lost 9 trust.

Edit 2: yay it worked like this. Apparently even the forums are broken now ;)

There was a major disturbance on the Internet yesterday affecting many large operators - also our forum. All should be good now I hope

Hi don't know if this is the right place to post this but my Ottoman's run constantly crashes in February 1594. I'm on patch 1.31.4.

Only non-standard thing about the game is that I'm playing with a random new world, so I'm wondering if it's about to be revealed to me and crashes when the map updates?

Oh if it's any help the crash report says: Unhandled exception C0000005 (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION) at address 0x00007FF7AB8C8B9D

Last edited: