Post Rebellion +30 loyalty for characters for AI

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SAS

20+ Years on the Forum
204 Badges
Jan 13, 2002
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • March of the Eagles
After a rebellion the AI nations characters get a plus 30 loyalty modifier. Does anyone know where this is in the game files? I found the +30 province loyalty modifier once a rebellion breaks out but not this post war loyalty boost.

Reactions:
Interesting. I was aware of a loyalty bonus for characters after a civil war (even the human player gets it), but not of this - I will have to look out how it is called in game. Do you know that? Maybe searching the game files for that term yields a result? (if I'm completely off tracks with that approach - forgive me, I have never modded IR so far...all I did was having a glance in some text files... )

Interesting. I was aware of a loyalty bonus for characters after a civil war (even the human player gets it), but not of this - I will have to look out how it is called in game. Do you know that? Maybe searching the game files for that term yields a result? (if I'm completely off tracks with that approach - forgive me, I have never modded IR so far...all I did was having a glance in some text
It is here: Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\game\common\on_action and in the "00_specific_from_code" file.

on_rebellion_in_country = { #root scope parent country
effect = {
if = {
limit = {
is_ai = yes #There are numerous tools to offset rebellions, all of which are situational - the AI will never be able to manage these with the same ability as a human player, so we reduce the frequency of revolts to balance.
}
every_country_state = {
capital_scope = {
add_state_loyalty = 30
}
}
}
}
}

Reactions:
It is here: Steam\steamapps\common\ImperatorRome\game\common\on_action and in the "00_specific_from_code" file.

on_rebellion_in_country = { #root scope parent country
effect = {
if = {
limit = {
is_ai = yes #There are numerous tools to offset rebellions, all of which are situational - the AI will never be able to manage these with the same ability as a human player, so we reduce the frequency of revolts to balance.
}
every_country_state = {
capital_scope = {
add_state_loyalty = 30
}
}
}
}
}
:confused: Hmm, isn't that the much discussed boost for province loyalty? I don't see any reference to character loyalty in the code...?

Interesting. I was aware of a loyalty bonus for characters after a civil war (even the human player gets it), but not of this - I will have to look out how it is called in game. Do you know that? Maybe searching the game files for that term yields a result? (if I'm completely off tracks with that approach - forgive me, I have never modded IR so far...all I did was having a glance in some text files... )

:confused: Hmm, isn't that the much discussed boost for province loyalty? I don't see any reference to character loyalty in the code...?
Correct I thought you were wondering where the province boot script was located.

Correct I thought you were wondering where the province boot script was located.
Ah ok, no...my question was directed how the character loyalty modifier you are looking for is named ingame in the character loyalty tooltip and whether you had searched for that term in the files. But as said - I'm likely no real help here with my absent modding experience :)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I found it: in common/loyalty/00_events it the loyalty_civil_war_victory

Reactions: