EU4: 1.31.4 Majapahit is now LIVE! - Checksum [0f53] - Not for Problem Reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AE bug is good enough?
No mapmode for monuments is good enough?
Free for all Interstellar Highway around Medditeranian is good enough?
5fps around 1550yr is good enough?

Just keep this in mind, pillage capital is such a massive change that it brings economic ideas to trash tier. Did anyone consider this?

I love divine ideas, i generally get invested in your games, so this is why I see this as a such dissapointment. Therefore, it will probably be 1.30.6 and then eu5.

1) being fixed in next patch-you can work around AE in this patch unlike some of the crashes and so on in 1.31.3, it's just a number anyway
2) yes, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice addition but there are much bigger problems than not having a monument map mode in 1.31.3
3) been that way since the original release so yes?
4) varies depending on the individual player's system so maybe? personally I haven't noticed any such slowdown in my games

5) There are numerous issues with several of the Leviathan DLC mechanic additions of a similar nature (at least as they are currently balanced) that really make me scratch my head. That's one reason I'm holding off on purchasing it, the numerous bugs still remaining in 1.31.x even after this patch was released would be another.

Reactions:
AE bug is good enough?
No mapmode for monuments is good enough?
Free for all Interstellar Highway around Medditeranian is good enough?
5fps around 1550yr is good enough?

Just keep this in mind, pillage capital is such a massive change that it brings economic ideas to trash tier. Did anyone consider this?

I love divine ideas, i generally get invested in your games, so this is why I see this as a such dissapointment. Therefore, it will probably be 1.30.6 and then eu5.
I feel the salt too.

It's hard to accept the game has been unplayable ever since the dlc released, and these patches are no where near good enough to fix the massive problems.

We can't even see the monuments! I'm still laughing about that. The other day I clicked a random province and was shocked to find a monument there. What crazy luck! I would have never found it if I didn't misclick.... That should not be how we find them. And good luck remembering where they are later.

They did say a mapmode is coming, but when!?

Late game lag is killing me too. As if all the other problems were not bad enough.

And....still no official word on cb and AE fixes

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So in .3, I integrated a vassal during war just fine. In .4, I noticed my progress stopping because "both nations need to be at peace for annexation to progress". Is this a stealth change? If so, why? It makes vassal feeding completely useless, as you essentially need to sit on your hands for decades while they integrate.

So in .3, I integrated a vassal during war just fine. In .4, I noticed my progress stopping because "both nations need to be at peace for annexation to progress". Is this a stealth change? If so, why? It makes vassal feeding completely useless, as you essentially need to sit on your hands for decades while they integrate.
Let me make sure I understand. You're saying if at war integration progress totally stops, and it gives you a tooltip saying this is the reason?

Like...they did this intentionally...and didn't tell anyone about it?

Wtf?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Patch was delayed, cuz someone get ill. But now we know, that nothing is changed from Beta state. So, why we waited for?
I presume it was his job to finalize the patch (i.e., make the call that it was stable enough for full release) and do what was necessary to officially push it through Steam.

All companies have a process / workflow, and an illness can cause interruptions. It is not unreasonable that an illness delayed 1.31.4 even if nothing changed from the Beta.

Reactions:
Let me make sure I understand. You're saying if at war integration progress totally stops, and it gives you a tooltip saying this is the reason?

Like...they did this intentionally...and didn't tell anyone about it?

Wtf?
That is indeed what it seems like to me. Makes vassal play completely useless unless you're the HREmperor. :(

Wait, I am confused. I thought that is how it worked before?
No - before, you couldn't start it while at war, but progress would continue during war once annexation was started. Now, progress stops immediately when war is declared. Say if you are at 20%. Progress will then stay at 20% until peace is signed, at which point it will start ticking up again. For larger nations (say you've vassalized Hungary and restored their cores) this means you have to be at peace for ~40 years to complete annexation.

• 2Like
Reactions:
No - before, you couldn't start it while at war, but progress would continue during war once annexation was started. Now, progress stops immediately when war is declared. Say if you are at 20%. Progress will then stay at 20% until peace is signed, at which point it will start ticking up again. For larger nations (say you've vassalized Hungary and restored their cores) this means you have to be at peace for ~40 years to complete annexation.
You are right, it was the not starting the annexation process while at war that I was remembering.

What version was this, in my 1.31.4 beta game I annexed Milan during a war.

Reactions:
Did any of these apply?

Diplomatic annexation will be paused if:
  • the vassal's liberty desire is greater than 50%;
  • the vassal does not have control of its capital; or
  • the vassal is at war and rebels control one or more of the their provinces.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1) being fixed in next patch-you can work around AE in this patch unlike some of the crashes and so on in 1.31.3, it's just a number anyway
2) yes, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice addition but there are much bigger problems than not having a monument map mode in 1.31.3
3) been that way since the original release so yes?
4) varies depending on the individual player's system so maybe? personally I haven't noticed any such slowdown in my games

5) There are numerous issues with several of the Leviathan DLC mechanic additions of a similar nature (at least as they are currently balanced) that really make me scratch my head. That's one reason I'm holding off on purchasing it, the numerous bugs still remaining in 1.31.x even after this patch was released would be another.
1) When I say AE problem, I dont means anything that involves a player. Sorry about that. So what happens is (as far as I can tell, from my actual game) is that somewhere around 1550 a massive coalition spawns against a single country. It happened to aboriginal once and to Vijayanigar second. And funny thing is, they didnt grow more than 1-2 provinces. Such massive coalition that even Ireland joined. And then everyone and their mother is asking for mil access, and because theg get it, now you have entire world marching toward SE asia, Oceania, and that caused my frames to drop to 5fps.

so i hear 1.31.4 as go live

did they fix the stability and perfomance issues lag?
1.30 to 1.31 it has a big difference on perfomance
and im not the only with this issue
anyone?

I had to do a keyword search in the patch notes for Byzantium. Did its AI get improved or was there some buff to them!? Byzantium plays totally different now.

So i see theres still a lot of problems, even in this patch/build.... looks like i wont buy levathian soon...such a mess. But are the big problems just a result of the levathian dlc content or the patch in general? Because i want to start a new game but now im not sure.... i mean it seems obvious not to buy levathian, but is a change to an older patch/build recquired in terms of the bugs? what are youre experiences guys?

So i see theres still a lot of problems, even in this patch/build.... looks like i wont buy levathian soon...such a mess. But are the big problems just a result of the levathian dlc content or the patch in general? Because i want to start a new game but now im not sure.... i mean it seems obvious not to buy levathian, but is a change to an older patch/build recquired in terms of the bugs? what are youre experiences guys?

Patch in general has a number of problems.

EDIT// Please note that the 1.31.4 build released is the same as the initial Public Beta Build - we deemed it stable and good enough to go out in its current form and all the bugs you reported are included in the upcoming 1.31.5 beta patch - which we plan to make available as a public beta in a near future //EDIT -BjornB

Greetings!

Following a period of public beta testing - 1.31.4 is now live!

As usual - there might be unforeseen consequences if you load a <= 1.31.3 save in 1.31.4 - so it should be avoided if possible. If you still want to load an old save - make sure to create a backup if possible. You can also finish off your ongoing save in the previous version before updating. For instructions on how to revert to a previous version, please go here!

And as always, please report any issues in our bug report forum or submit a support ticket. Thank you!

###################
# Gamebalance
###################
# Other
- Should a foreign country become the Emperor of the HRE then all of their European provinces, which have a connection to their capital, will be added to the Empire.
###################
# Interface
###################
# Tooltips
- Add new line to "Proclaim Erbkaisertum" tooltip explaining that it removes vassal princes from the diplomatic relations of the emperor.
- Fixed Piracy in Palembang tooltip containing wrong ruler name.
- Fixed issue where tactics difference would be displayed incorrectly in siege phase tooltip.# Other
- Added new icon for "Missionary Strength against Heathen".
###################
# Script
###################
# Decisions
- Forming Malaya will now ask the player if they want to update their ideas.
- The decision "Flee to Brazil" will now properly set your capital to Brazil - regardless if it was in Europe or elsewhere on the world before.# Events
- The event "The Completion of Borobudur" has now additional modifiers of its Mean-Time-To-Happen, which will drastically increase the chance for that event to happen for Sunda and Majapahit.
- The event "The Completion of Borobudur" triggers for Sunda only when they have fulfilled the mission "Restore Borobudur".# Ideas
- The Samoan Idea "Fa's Samoa" now grants you +10% Governing Capacity instead of the +5% Administrative Efficiency.# Missions
- Adjusted some mission icons for the Indonesian Mission Tree.
- Fixed issue with Palembang having duplicated missions.
- The Ayutthayan mission "Royal Absolutism" will now ask the player if they want to update their ideas while switching to Siam.
- The Maori mission "Centralize the Realm" gives now monarch points if you are no longer tribal instead of trying to enact the Polynesian Kingdom.
- The Maori mission "Loyal Subjects" will no longer require that all estates have less than 10 influence. Instead, it will now require that every estate has less 40 influence and a loyalty of 65 or higher.
- The Maori mission "Own a Center of Trade" will now upgrade only ONE of your Centers of Trade instead of every single one.
- The Maori mission "Riri Wars" will give you now +100 ADM power and 0.15 years of Manpower if there is no rival left for getting a CB against.
- The Maori mission "Expand the Trade Routes"'s requirement is now consistent with itself, meaning the amount of trade buildings you need to have is always 3 or 2 with 20 light ships.
- The Maori mission "Gain Mana"'s requirement has been nerfed to having 1 stability down from 3.
###################
# Bugfixes
###################
- All province modifiers, which are granted by estate privileges, will now properly affect provinces, which weren't owned by the country at the point when the privilege got enacted (for example: newly conquered Christian provinces will now be affected by the Dhimni privilege if active).
- Fixed issue with custom nations overriding others in MP.
- Declare War interface no longer falsely suggests that Emperor's allies are called to war.
- The define_heir effect can now allow random higher stats than given if fixed = yes isn't specified.
- Non-active countries now have their revolutions crushed just like everyone else so they don't pop back up as revolutionary if released later on.
- Majapahit and Khmer national disasters will now trigger as expected.
- Fixed the monarch names of Fars.
- Can now stop building spy network via diplo menu of a country whom you took the capital of.
- Fixed issue with not being able to speed up progress on monuments construction after continuing save.
- Changing displayed Unit Type or Technology Tier does not close Sprite Pack list in Nation Designer.
- Conquering a province with a monument under construction now cancels construction.
- Fixed a CTD related to AI disbanding mercenaries.
- Fixed a CTD when tooltipping siege in outliner.
- Fleet basing rights are now granted automatically by war allies.
- Fixed issue where "Left the Empire" would not tick down over time.
- Fixed issue for subjects not fabricate claims.
- Last federation advancement now inherits properly without auto-settling, and gives all tribal land correctly.
- Various issues with CBs and war goals fixed.
- Fixed OOS related to leader initialization.
- Fixed OOS related to naval modifiers.
- Fixed issue where a hotjoin request would be duplicated if player cancels hotjoin and request it again.
- Fixed some issues related to monument events.
- Fixed a CTD in eventwindow related to selecting an event picture to display.
- Fixed an issue for pending events not loading property if they do not have an end date set.
- Fixed an issue for events not showing up when playing coop in MP.
- Fixed a CTD related to building spy networks.

Older changelogs for 1.31.x

I just spent a few hours testing and can confirm the AE bug has NOT been fixed.

HAS NOT been fixed.

You still cannot use the Expand Empire CB.

• 2Like
Reactions: