Europa Universalis IV: DLC Render Pictures Archive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The only one that I specifically remember is the Mare Nostrum pack and that is because that one was, at release, really poor.

Reactions:
I just noticed it wasn't that clear in the patchnotes, but with 1.31.1 the artificial cap on land unit levels should have been raised from 4 to 6.
So does this mean an enterprising modder can fix the weird giant time gaps between model designs like Napoleonic designs being used in 1740 etc so long as they have the models to fill it?

Reactions:

@SaintDaveUK Recently you asked if we had any suggestions for the distribution of unique unit models and I made such a suggestion. Is there a chance that the unit models in the Philippines will change to the ones I suggested?​

Philippines

Countries that could use the Malacca units look:
- Sulu
- Maguindanao
- Lanao
Countries that could use the Brunei units look:
- Maynila
Countries that could use the Pagarruyung units look:
- Butuan
- Cebu
- Madyas
Countries that could use the Champa units look:
- Tondo
- Pangasinan

South China

Countries that could use the Luang Prabang units look:
- Dali
- Yi
- Miao
- Changsheng

Is there a chance that the Mongolian appearance of the units will be given to the countries listed below?
- Ilkhanate
- Chahar

• 1Like
Reactions:
@SaintDaveUK for what it’s worth, I appreciate the unit model changes in today’s hotfix. You guys have been getting a lot of flak (and justifiably so), but I did want to reach out as someone who really does like the flavor the unit models add and thank you for taking the time to utilize some of the models better. So thank you :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
@SaintDaveUK for what it’s worth, I appreciate the unit model changes in today’s hotfix. You guys have been getting a lot of flak (and justifiably so), but I did want to reach out as someone who really does like the flavor the unit models add and thank you for taking the time to utilize some of the models better. So thank you :)

Yeah, I love getting new unit models in the game, I'd happily pay for DLC that was just more unit models. I do get a bit annoyed, though, when they break things so that some of the (very nice) older unit models don't display (such as the European Cavalry Pack models, Horsemen of the Crescent models, Winged Hussars, and lots of nations that since 1.30 have had just generic artillery unit models when they shouldn't), though there are Workshop fixes to bring back some of cavalry models, at least

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I love getting new unit models in the game, I'd happily pay for DLC that was just more unit models. I do get a bit annoyed, though, when they break things so that some of the (very nice) older unit models don't display (such as the European Cavalry Pack models, Horsemen of the Crescent models, Winged Hussars, and lots of nations that since 1.30 have had just generic artillery unit models when they shouldn't), though there are Workshop fixes to bring back some of cavalry models, at least
Agreed on all counts. It took me a while to fall into the unit pack bandwagon, but now I think the more the better. Fixing the broken models should definitely be an art team priority, especially since we paid for them.

It would be nice if there was an easier way to tailor unit models without mods. I know you can disable certain DLC, but that doesn’t always work the way I want it. For example, I just saw a tier 4 French cavalry model that is wearing full plate armor (which I think is the model that was added with Emperor), and I kinda liked the European Cavalry Pack version better. I don’t see a way of disabling it without also disabling all the other emperor models.

Agreed on all counts. It took me a while to fall into the unit pack bandwagon, but now I think the more the better. Fixing the broken models should definitely be an art team priority, especially since we paid for them.

It would be nice if there was an easier way to tailor unit models without mods. I know you can disable certain DLC, but that doesn’t always work the way I want it. For example, I just saw a tier 4 French cavalry model that is wearing full plate armor (which I think is the model that was added with Emperor), and I kinda liked the European Cavalry Pack version better. I don’t see a way of disabling it without also disabling all the other emperor models.

There is a way to fix that (see pic) - I noticed this too with the French Tier 4 cavalry model, see the discussion on this workshop Mod (TL;DR: you have you make your own slightly modded local version of the workshop mod, but it's easy to follow the instructions): https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/2371413732/4265444591474739007/

BTW also checkout the other mods in this FixMod collection for unit models, most, but not all, are ironman-compatible: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2371595811

2021-04-28 21_23_40-Europa Universalis IV.png

Last edited:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I just noticed it wasn't that clear in the patchnotes, but with 1.31.1 the artificial cap on land unit levels should have been raised from 4 to 6.
oGccuEE.png

• 2Love
Reactions:
Does anyone know what the Dutch tier 4 unit is based on? I can't find any Dutch uniforms like this. If I stretch I can find prints of honor guards wearing top hats, but not like this.

Does anyone know what the Dutch tier 4 unit is based on? I can't find any Dutch uniforms like this. If I stretch I can find prints of honor guards wearing top hats, but not like this.
The Dutch Grenadiers

1622246430044.png

The model looks nothing like that though.

Agreed, but I believe that the the Dutch tier 4 is fusion of several uniforms together, considering the Dutch didn't have a consistent Napoleonic uniform.

Reactions:
What are the unit models for Origins like? Supposedly Africa got some new ones but I can't find renders of them anywhere.

The devs haven't actually been using this thread for its intended purpose since roughly Rajas.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hey, if any art devs are reading this it would be pretty cool if the unit model selector in the custom nation designer had any rhyme or reason behind it. The way it's ordered at present is totally inscrutable. Also it appears to have replaced the old architecture style selection.

• 2Like
Reactions: