• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't have the game at hand to compare with existing event scripts. Did you try a loop to select a ship of a given class in the fleet, then save it as an event target, and try to create a new fleet and affect this saved ship to it?
Again, I can't find an effect to move an existing ship to a new fleet.

Wait, which ship is this? The ones I know that cannot be merged are the gas giant cruiser, the salvaged submerged cruiser, 4H4B, and the warform.

The ship type doesn't matter. I'm trying to write an event that moves the target of the event, which could be any existing military ship owned by the player, into a newly-created fleet.

Request: A modifier that looks like:
planet_job_x_add_per_y_district, letting you add jobs to districts without having to edit the district files themselves.

Reactions:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Synthetic Ascension mod? Either just some minor improvements (tradition swaps for example) or a larger mod like the Forgotten Queens is for the Hive Empires.

I just had the worst mod idea ever: a civic which makes your entire society based on clerks. Right off the bat, all planets get +2 clerks, but the more you play, the more options of unlocking clerks become available. All tradition trees will now give you more clerks in some way, like +1 clerks from mining districts, or +1 clerk per research building. Technologies focused on other jobs instead just give clerks more powers, so instead of “+20% minerals from miners”, you get “clerks produce +1 minerals”. Instead of assault armies, you build clerk armies. Eventually, all pops will just be clerks, and all resources will be produced by clerks, as all other jobs will have been made obsolete.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I just had the worst mod idea ever: a civic which makes your entire society based on clerks. Right off the bat, all planets get +2 clerks, but the more you play, the more options of unlocking clerks become available. All tradition trees will now give you more clerks in some way, like +1 clerks from mining districts, or +1 clerk per research building. Technologies focused on other jobs instead just give clerks more powers, so instead of “+20% minerals from miners”, you get “clerks produce +1 minerals”. Instead of assault armies, you build clerk armies. Eventually, all pops will just be clerks, and all resources will be produced by clerks, as all other jobs will have been made obsolete.

Huh. I was going to say 'don't be too hard on yourself.' but after reading through it... yeah, one of the worst mod idea ever. :D

• 1Haha
Reactions:
More Unity Ambitions please. There just isn't enough of them (or I have way too much Unity by the time I finish all the Traditions).

Request: Add more economic categories to the base game. These ones in particular:
Code:
#Vanilla Categories Here
planet_farmers = {
    parent = planet_jobs
    generate_mult_modifiers = {
        produces
    }
}

planet_livestock = {
    parent = planet_jobs
    generate_add_modifiers = {
        produces
    }
}

planet_technician = {
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
    }
}

planet_researchers = {
    icon = "job_researcher"
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
        upkeep
    }
}

planet_metallurgists = {
    icon = "job_foundry"
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
        upkeep
    }
}

planet_artisans = {
    icon = "job_artisan"
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
        upkeep
    }
}
Code:
#Suggested Changes; Mostly just adding add modifiers
planet_farmers = {
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
    }
        produces
    }
}

planet_livestock = {
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
    }
        produces
    }
}

planet_technician = {
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
    }
        produces
    }
}

planet_researchers = {
    icon = "job_researcher"
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
        upkeep
    }
        produces
        upkeep
    }
}

planet_metallurgists = {
    icon = "job_foundry"
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
        upkeep
    }
        produces
        upkeep
    }
}

planet_artisans = {
    icon = "job_artisan"
    parent = planet_jobs
        produces
        upkeep
    }
        produces
        upkeep
    }
}

Request: Let us overwrite more things individually without having to overwrite the whole file. In particular (I'm sure there's more, but these ones would be the most helpful):
  1. Rural Districts
  2. Jobs
  3. Economic Categories
  4. Jobs
  5. Jobs
  6. Jobs
  7. Jobs

Would like to see a mod that adds a megastructure that when done/fully upgraded it converts blackholes / blackhole systems into a normal system with a young star. You would think Gigastructures would have such a thing but it doesn't and they are flooded with suggestions and the like.

EDIT: Nevermind found a mod that does this "Colossus Terraforming" by 9S and Eternia Decresent.

Last edited:
Request: A mod that makes pop_job_priority more realistic and productive at the same time. For instance, currently in vanilla if there are not enough jobs/pops the priority for who is unemployed is enslaved pops instead of primary species. This not only is contrary to any basic history (Egypt, Rome, etc.) but also results in less production value and breaks auto resettlement on any planet where there's more than just the primary species.

To see this make a quick game with the Xanid empire.

Request: A mod that makes pop_job_priority more realistic and productive at the same time. For instance, currently in vanilla if there are not enough jobs/pops the priority for who is unemployed is enslaved pops instead of primary species. This not only is contrary to any basic history (Egypt, Rome, etc.) but also results in less production value and breaks auto resettlement on any planet where there's more than just the primary species.

In the meantime you can use Glavius' Ultimate AI, which he ninja-updated when 3.0.3 came out.

In the meantime you can use Glavius' Ultimate AI, which he ninja-updated when 3.0.3 came out.

I know about that mod. I prefer StarNet AI. And they seem to conflict. I tried making the "is_enslaved" factors 2000 and deleted all "can_take_servant_job" from 03_worker_jobs, but that didn't do it. Honestly, if someone just updates, the outdated mod mentioned here, it'll be so much better.

Since the update:

1621825740431.png

Paradox isn't getting another penny from me until they earn it.

I know about that mod. I prefer StarNet AI. And they seem to conflict. I tried making the "is_enslaved" factors 2000 and deleted all "can_take_servant_job" from 03_worker_jobs, but that didn't do it. Honestly, if someone just updates, the outdated mod mentioned here, it'll be so much better.
Ah yes, the various AI mods do not play well with one another.

I've been trying to modify traits like communal and solitary increase and decrease the planetary capacity, and while it mostly works, I noticed that planet_carry_cap_add cannot take negative values, which means I can't make traits like solitary decrease the carrying capacity.

Request: Megastructure mod that is similar to the Quasi-Stellar Obliterator and Nicoll-Dyson Beam from the Gigastructural Engineering & More mod. The Megastructure would be designable with slots for the world killer weapons and defensive weapons. The amount of world killer slots could range from 1-3 if there could be enough power to use everything. For example: I design one that has the World Cracker and Neutron Beam weapons. When in a war, I can use this Megastructure to target a small amount of targetable bodies and then either bathe the targets with the neutron beam or crack them with the world cracker. The Megastructure should only be able use one weapon at a time when firing. Alternatively, it could only have one of the weapons and have a limit of three per empire. This way players can build the one(s) they want and it will only use one weapon type.

If any mod makers would be willing to assist me, I would attempt to make the mod myself. The mod should be a standalone and not added into another mod.

A simple request that allows Federations to exist within the Galactic Imperium.
Believe it or not, most federations with the Custodian are far stronger then being the Galactic Overmind.

Request: Add a game rule that allows us to set the types of systems where a outpost can be built.

For the main game it would remain always yes but for mods it would allow us to limit where they can be built. I suspect it is currently hard coded. At a certain point building outposts everywhere seems pointless and having the ai build outposts everywhere the player does not also seems pointless.

Example: For my personal mod I want to limit building of outposts to:

systems in core sectors

systems outside of core sector with: habitable planets or black holes or wormholes or L gates.

Alternatively allow us to set limits in the starbase file like we can in the megastructure files.