CK3: The Royal Court - The Vision

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Neat ideas but hope we see some of the many larger missing CK2 features added as well especially a ERE government and tributaries which somewhat fit this DLC's theme. I'd mention things like the College of Cardinals too but I'm sure we'll see that in a more religion focused DLC instead.
I doubt we’ll get special imperial and ere mechanics in this dlc. Seems like ere will be addressed in a flavor pack since it’s “area specific content.”

But of course, I could be wrong so we’ll see!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have to say that the art in the banner must be the best Paradox-related art I've ever seen! Really loving the incredible detail and expression of the lady!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sounds very interesting and I'm looking forward to playing it. I'm glad there was at least some sort of estimate on the launch window given, but I feel like "later this year" is a pretty crazy time frame considering we're only in May. I absolutely want as much time given as possible for proper develoment of the DLC, but perhaps for future reference it would be a good idea to provide some sort of indicator of the time frame for delivering Expansion Pass content in advance of selling it. Especially if you're going to be selling the Royal Edition with a discount before all of the content is released, that's kind of insulting to your fans that buy the game at launch.

Reactions:
Dynamic cultures sound very cool, but my excitement is tempered by all the problems that still exist with the dynamic faith system. I will reserve judgment until we have more details, but I am worried that we will see the same thing we see with religion - all of the unique minor faiths are wiped out within a few decades, and we are left with just a few major religions.
Yea the dynamic faith system is great for making your own fantasy religion but it does mean we get religions that feel very samey and barebones compared to CK2. Though at the very least this culture system doesn't have anything to compare to CK2.

Reactions:
I doubt we’ll get special imperial and ere mechanics in this dlc. Seems like ere will be addressed in a flavor pack since it’s “area specific content.”

But of course, I could be wrong so we’ll see!

Possibly though to properly implement the government form could be something that is a larger system and could even apply to the HRE (like letting you control HRE electors).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Very interesting indeed!

Now the big question is: will different cultures mean different government models? I'd hate to be stuck with feudal vassals across all of Europe, Asia and Africa...

• 4Like
Reactions:
One of the issues with culture is that, right now, realms absolutely implode if they get a wrong-culture ruler. Every county with some random popular opinion modifier joins a populist revolt faction, you don't really have any way to make counties happy again, the AI has no clue how to handle the situation, and they end up conceding to the populist faction as soon as they start losing any other war. Even the HRE will be torn to shreds if they make the mistake of electing a Bohemian as emperor.

I hope that this will get a second look, otherwise it will be basically impossible for the AI to handle multi-cultural realms, or create a new hybrid culture for itself and sustain it.

• 11Like
Reactions:
One of the issues with culture is that, right now, realms absolutely implode if they get a wrong-culture ruler. Every county with some random popular opinion modifier joins a populist revolt faction, you don't really have any way to make counties happy again, the AI has no clue how to handle the situation, and they end up conceding to the populist faction as soon as they start losing any other war. Even the HRE will be torn to shreds if they make the mistake of electing a Bohemian as emperor.

I hope that this will get a second look, otherwise it will be basically impossible for the AI to handle multi-cultural realms, or create a new hybrid culture for itself and sustain it.

To be honest the focus on culture seems weird for this time period and vanilla CK3's wrong culture modifier is a bit high.

• 6Like
Reactions:
When my Ruler is sitting on his throne, does he get to wear an ermine robe along with his crown?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Well, I was advocating them a lot, but I can't pretend to be a bit surprised that THIS is a major expansion which will mark the year of the game being released. I bought a Royal Edition so it's not a problem for me but I can definitely feel those who say that it's not THAT much content for a 30 euro DLC.

Although, artifacts, expansion for empires and kingdoms and more peace time fun is good.

• 11Like
Reactions:
That... doesn't sound right from my games...
Attached is a screenshot of an HRE that elected a Bohemian. All of those little independent realms are populist rebels.

Attachments

• 20210519193705_1.jpg
    20210519193705_1.jpg
    675,3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Consider my hype: Stoked.

The lack of artifacts in CKIII was honestly one of my biggest disappointments, I always loved collecting them and stealing them from others. I also just love the idea of something that's passed down through the generations. Hopefully the system here will be interesting to interact with!

In addition, the throne room is exciting and something I've seen in mod form for CKII but I'm guessing this will be a lot more visually appealing.

The culture changes are also very exciting! All in all, very happy to see what's coming up!

• 5Like
Reactions: