HOI4 Dev Diary - The Baltic States 2/2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I appreciate all the hard work and tedious research you are putting into all the focus trees, I find myself hoping for better mechanics and gameplay instead. I might be an exception, but focus trees ruin the sandbox nature of the game in my opinion. Can we get some more updates or diaries regarding the new tanks and railroads? They were AMAZING! I cannot wait to see the next few dev diaries and how they will affect the underlying game mechanics, all praise the railroads!

Reactions:
IMO it is not about historical borders of regions, but rather about historical borders of nations. Nobody cares how your states are arranged inside your territory, but you will notice if the border is wrong.

I based the states eastern borders on the 1939 partition of poland (map below) and looked up some names for the newly created states on google.

Also my point of RKs was that it would be nice to devide the soviet union into little pieces (and also form the Generalgovernment).

View attachment 721351
I agree with the part. But the historical border is important at a peace conference to create a nice border. As I said above, the general government was not a state or an autonomy, but an occupation zone. And Greater Poland, Pomorze Gdańskie and Upper Silesia were incorporated directly into the German state. that is, the same as the reichskommissariat

Reactions:
They said they wouldn´t do it before the soviets but not necessarily together with.
I believe that they will implement it later and not this DLC since the German tree needs an important modification in other areas such as the land branch of the army and they will surely take advantage of that moment to implement a small communist branch

One way they could deal with countries in the USSR would be how you can play with counties inside duchies and duchies inside kingdoms in CK3. This would open up focus trees for Ukraine, Korea, Indochina, and Egypt.
I also think Croatia, iceland, Palestine, Burma could benefit from what you propose

Reactions:
I like the actual trees (minus the RK Ostland part, its weird that it would be assumed by a nation, not created by Germany post conquest) but I do agree with the general sentiment of disappointment that such small minors get trees before the Italian rework. Also I will become increasingly disappointed if we do not receive a Finland tree this dlc, but I would be. very surprised if it was not excluded, seeing as it is one of the major players in the Eastern Front and its tree would likely be tied into the upcoming one for the USSR.

Also: PLEASE fix the Lithuania flag, it SHOULD NOT have the shield on it at game start.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Crossing my fingers Ireland gets represented as a dominion at some point.
It would be brought into the war with the UK then, which historically stayed out of. You would need a special mechanic to stop that from happening. UK has a focus right now in game that gives it Ulster for joining the war iirc. IT probably would not be hard, but this is not a Western/Commonwealth focused dlc. Then again, we got an entire Germany tree rework with WtT and Mexico with MtG, so who knows.

Reactions:
It would be brought into the war with the UK then, which historically stayed out of. You would need a special mechanic to stop that from happening. UK has a focus right now in game that gives it Ulster for joining the war iirc. IT probably would not be hard, but this is not a Western/Commonwealth focused dlc. Then again, we got an entire Germany tree rework with WtT and Mexico with MtG, so who knows.
It stopped being a dominion and became fully independent in 1937, so it wouldn't be. Though maybe this could be screwy if anything else happened.

Reactions:
It stopped being a dominion and became fully independent in 1937, so it wouldn't be. Though maybe this could be screwy if anything else happened.
Interesting, I thought it happened immediately post war. It makes sense to represent it as independent immediately at game start then, I guess.

(We should probably make this conversation its own thread.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
What are these new things tho?

Unsure if related, but I am pretty sure they will be modifying (military?) advisors really soon, and allowing us to upgrade them like they did with EU4 for example (probably modifying the requirements to hire them as well, and use something else apart from political power).

Reactions:
Italy sucked really hard in the war so who cares. Let me see the bolshevik hordes in their finest!
This is a game about what if, not what happened.

Reactions: