• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A later mission for Carthage, after perhaps Siciliy Sardinia and Spain has been secured could be the retaking of the mother city of Tyre, the mission could say something like -

“The many Phoenician refugees who linger around the streets of Carthage are a grim reminder of the recent barbaric destruction of our mother city of Tyre, by the savage Hellenes. While we were preoccupied with fending off the Greek menace in our colonies, many among us turned a blind eye to our very own grand city of Melqart.
When the Achaemenid Emperor Cambysses II attempted to muster a fleet to destroy Carthage, his Phoenician fleet refused, Tyre always protected Carthage, and shamefully Carthage has left Tyre to the wolves. It is time we undo this great dishonor to the Punic world, and set out to re-establish the many Phoenician citystate
s."

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
This mod really helps in turning Carthage into something closer to what it was historically. This helps both for immersion and gameplay, many thanks!

I personally like to play this mod with a modified version of the excellent Stratera Balance from @maxk94 for better core mechanics and with Elections! which help in immersion for playing republics. With due authorization from all 3 authors, I could share the merged version here. It makes for a truly immersive Carthage playthrough!

Reactions:
the unite africa before you can deal with sicily/sardinia mission, often becomes impossible to start with greyed out button and idk why

I am not sure what mission you are refering to? At this moment the only mission regarding Africa is the "The Matter of Aelymas" mission. It should get disabled if Mideni doesn't exist anymore, or if Aelymas no longer rulers the Midini.

A later mission for Carthage, after perhaps Siciliy Sardinia and Spain has been secured could be the retaking of the mother city of Tyre, the mission could say something like -

“The many Phoenician refugees who linger around the streets of Carthage are a grim reminder of the recent barbaric destruction of our mother city of Tyre, by the savage Hellenes. While we were preoccupied with fending off the Greek menace in our colonies, many among us turned a blind eye to our very own grand city of Melqart.
When the Achaemenid Emperor Cambysses II attempted to muster a fleet to destroy Carthage, his Phoenician fleet refused, Tyre always protected Carthage, and shamefully Carthage has left Tyre to the wolves. It is time we undo this great dishonor to the Punic world, and set out to re-establish the many Phoenician citystate
s."

There is already a mission to reconquer Phoenicia in the Punic Wars DLC. Eventually I will get around to redoing all mission trees, but that one is probably the last one I'll touch.

This mod really helps in turning Carthage into something closer to what it was historically. This helps both for immersion and gameplay, many thanks!

I personally like to play this mod with a modified version of the excellent Stratera Balance from @maxk94 for better core mechanics and with Elections! which help in immersion for playing republics. With due authorization from all 3 authors, I could share the merged version here. It makes for a truly immersive Carthage playthrough!

I am glad you are enjoying it and glad it inspired you to create your own sub mod. But at this moment I am not looking into merging other mod's into my mod, especially not one dealing with the political aspects of the game: I have my own reworking of Carthaginian politics in the planning. Best I focus on my own plans first and then look where I can compliment my work, and have my work compliment others.

But do feel free to distribute it if you want! Let other people enjoy your work!

The way you have changed the terrain in this mod really engages you more in tactics and bottlenecks etc, it's really great. I hope you'll expand the mod to other regions too, and apply the same way of edited terrain.

Might this interest you?
anatolia.png

I had already completed this for 1.5, but couldn't release due to a unsolvable bug, and left out for 2.0 just to get something out now.

This is still going to take a while to finish, as I need to finish up part of the map, and then set the POPs correctly and redo all locators.

After that; Bactria!

• 5Like
Reactions:

Man I'd love to play this, I have different mod playsets for all them, combining it would be killer!

Reactions:
So great news on the Vicky 3 announcement. It looks like all I've ever wanted. (except the map might not be as detailed as I'd like ;) )

Anyhow, I spend my day off building roads... Yes I embarked on this completely insane endevour to redraw all roads in anatolia manually... I booted up the Digital Atlas of the Roman Empire and started drawing. Just wanting to share the fruits of my labour so far:
roads2.png

roads 1.png

Still WIP of course. And despite a full day's work I managed to do less than half of Anatolia. In green the areas I finished:
1 days work.png

Attachments

• navmash.png
    navmash.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This isn't actually new, but I am pretty far along with converting the steppes map to 2.0. Only really still need to do the positioning. I finished rebuilding the road network in anatolia (or -more accurately- I got tired of it and decided to call it finished)
bactria.png

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions: