• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Version 6.4.2 released at Nexusmods!

The Decepticon invasion of the Inner Sphere begins!

shockwave-in-transformers-3-megatron-decepticons-wallpaper-preview.jpg
20210401185812_1.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi Hobbes, just another short question. Since i installed the latest Hyades Rim Version and Modtek 0.8, it seems that i can't load my current career savegame anymore. BT loads just fine, incl. Hyades Rim, but once i load my iron mode career it just keeps on loading infinitly.
However it doesn't seem to be totally stuck, since the little fluff texts in the upper right corner keep on refreshing but nothings happening besides that. Any idea how to solve this issue? I deleted old the hyades rim folder and the .modtek folder before unzipping the latest version and ran the injector afterwards. Just using modtek, hyades rim, battle performance fix and NavComp as always.

Hi Hobbes, just another short question. Since i installed the latest Hyades Rim Version and Modtek 0.8, it seems that i can't load my current career savegame anymore. BT loads just fine, incl. Hyades Rim, but once i load my iron mode career it just keeps on loading infinitly.
However it doesn't seem to be totally stuck, since the little fluff texts in the upper right corner keep on refreshing but nothings happening besides that. Any idea how to solve this issue? I deleted old the hyades rim folder and the .modtek folder before unzipping the latest version and ran the injector afterwards. Just using modtek, hyades rim, battle performance fix and NavComp as always.
Sounds like a bug with the Unity engine. I've asked on the Discord if anyone knows a fix, but you can also check the forums for answers.

This is what they answered to me:

for this last time it was load order
but it could fixed by verifying files or a complete clean install
[3:46 PM]
its hard to tell sometimes what cuases it

Last edited:
I was really looking forward to loading the Hyades Rim Campaign and trying it out. I did not research what other people wrote about it because I wanted the story to unfold without spoilers.
If you have a lot of experience with the game and want something new, you might find it enjoyable. Just don't assume your experience with the standard game will help you much. There is another huge learning curve ahead.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There is another huge learning curve ahead.
I think that the biggest thing to get used to is the drop weight restrictions that exist for most contracts, that will require you to drop mostly medium mechs.

Reactions:
I think that the biggest thing to get used to is the drop weight restrictions that exist for most contracts, that will require you to drop mostly medium mechs.
Which is truly a good thing!

I was really looking forward to loading the Hyades Rim Campaign and trying it out. I did not research what other people wrote about it because I wanted the story to unfold without spoilers.
If you have a lot of experience with the game and want something new, you might find it enjoyable. Just don't assume your experience with the standard game will help you much. There is another huge learning curve ahead.
After my first complete disaster of a Campaign I started again, thinking that it might be fun learning how my past experience was now of no use, as every armored unit and every mech has completely different profiles, mechwarriors with skills way beyond your starting Mechwarriors and completely weapon arrangement. It was wasn't fun. What is "Armor Bypass?" and why was it thrown in to the Introduction? Not fun at all. After investing an hour into a mission, losing all 4 mechs to a "new feature" that you haven't seen in a year doesn't encourage me to ever play again,

On your first 3 or 4 missions, you don't have much choice as to the mechs you choose. I wasn't impacted by the drop restrictions at all. The OP4 long range infernos and Unknown weapon loadouts and Exceptional OP4 Mechwarriors who never miss on one skull missions took all of the fun out of a game that I have played for over a year.

What is "Armor Bypass?" and why was it thrown in to the Introduction?
The same ability that the Bounty Hunter uses in the HM DLC. Since you're also facing another bounty hunter in the introduction and as long as you win you don't need to worry about your 'mechs, why not? Were you expecting something 'easy'?

And btw, if you played that mission a while ago, you might want to retry it since the Opfor Rifleman II was replaced with a regular Rifleman after player feedback.

On your first 3 or 4 missions, you don't have much choice as to the mechs you choose. I wasn't impacted by the drop restrictions at all. The OP4 long range infernos and Unknown weapon loadouts and Exceptional OP4 Mechwarriors who never miss on one skull missions took all of the fun out of a game that I have played for over a year.

There's no 'exceptional' changes made to the Opfor pilots to made them not to miss shots. If you experienced, or think you've experienced such a situation, it was RNG because you were facing vanilla Opfor pilots of the corresponding difficulty level as the mission (there was a recent change to this but it was only introduced two weeks ago).

If the Infernos or the new weapon loadouts got you out of your comfort zone, then the mod is working as intended. If they got you out too much of your comfort then any feedback would be useful.

But putting apart generalizations that might be correct or not, if you don't like the experience and prefer to play something else, go ahead.

I'm getting a huge kick out of both playing and writing it. And this mod is made for a specific era and while I love BT canon last time I played TT was 30 years ago, so I don't really have a preference for its rules. I'm also trying a different style in the writing, and I understand that all these changes might discourage BT fans from playing this mod.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The same ability that the Bounty Hunter uses in the HM DLC. Since you're also facing another bounty hunter in the introduction and as long as you win you don't need to worry about your 'mechs, why not? Were you expecting something 'easy'?

And btw, if you played that mission a while ago, you might want to retry it since the Opfor Rifleman II was replaced with a regular Rifleman after player feedback.

There's no 'exceptional' changes made to the Opfor pilots to made them not to miss shots. If you experienced, or think you've experienced such a situation, it was RNG because you were facing vanilla Opfor pilots of the corresponding difficulty level as the mission (there was a recent change to this but it was only introduced two weeks ago).

If the Infernos or the new weapon loadouts got you out of your comfort zone, then the mod is working as intended. If they got you out too much of your comfort then any feedback would be useful.

But putting apart generalizations that might be correct or not, if you don't like the experience and prefer to play something else, go ahead.

I'm getting a huge kick out of both playing and writing it. And this mod is made for a specific era and while I love BT canon last time I played TT was 30 years ago, so I don't really have a preference for its rules. I'm also trying a different style in the writing, and I understand that all these changes might discourage BT fans from playing this mod.
What is "Armor Bypass"? By the time I went up against the Bounty Hunter in HM DLC is had a Mechwarrior and lance to back him up that was worthy of the challenge. It was not on the first mission.
I played the mission this morning. I loaded the Mod on Friday, 5/7/2021.
RNG? The OP4 Mechwarriors I was facing had extraordinary abilities for one skull missions.
I didn't play just four missions, I only lasted four missions, and my Medium Lance was wiped out by a one and half skull mission in which all of the OP4 were lights. Again, none of them missed, and all of my Mechwarriors were missing with half of their shots. I have played dozens of one skull missions in HBS Battletech and the OP4 mechwarriors in those missions were easier to kill and much worse pilots.
I glad you had fun writing it, but I probably don't need another one thousand hour learning curve, and with the COVID restrictions ending, I am going to have a lot less time to play on a computer.

RNG? The OP4 Mechwarriors I was facing had extraordinary abilities for one skull missions.
At maximum you'd be facing Opfor 2 skull pilots on a difficulty 1 skull mission.

If you're saying that vanilla Opfor 2 skull pilots are too skilled for you to face in a 1 skull contract, then we can both agree that this mod is clearly not for you.

Last edited:
Next Flashpoint in the new campaign is coming soon...

20210509190215_1.jpg

Agreed. good luck developing the mod.
Thanks.

I apologize if I was too direct but as announced, this is a new campaign and the difficulty progression has been changed from the vanilla one. The vanilla one was designed for new players to the game and even BT in general, this one is designed considering more experienced players. And the new campaign has also a more constant difficulty level rather than the climb of vanilla, although that also means a harder start, which seems not to be your definition of fun.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Apology accepted, again, I was really looking forward to this.
After over thousand of hours of play, I would have guessed I am a more experienced player.
I knew enough about the Mod to know it was harder, but in my fourth mission, after the Shadow Hawk landed a punch on a Spider UNK, all four of my Mechs unloaded on it on the next turn. It had one evasion from a short walk. So a ShadowHawk, a Blackjack (upgraded to two large lasers) and a Vindicator fired at short range at a basically unmoving 30 ton target. Not only did the Spider survive, but it was still completely operational. This was not due to a lack of firepower, but due to having Green Mechwarriors on the fourth mission. As I mentioned, the OP4 was not handicapped like that, and was raining death on my mechs from long range, medium range and short range. There were nine of them (well at that moment 7) to my four.
I knew the Mission would be difficult, so I upgraded everything I could. Unfortunately, by the 4th Mission the store had nothing like Inferno launchers or FAES units. I had plain vanilla weapons. I went in as fast as possible, away from the reinforcements, with the intention of taking down the supporting lance before they could get in range. I took me three turns to take down a Commando, backing away as fast as possible the whole time avoid the reinforcements. Backing away from a pack of Spiders mounting large lasers doesn't work. I know that now, and I know now that 1-1/2 skulls in your Mod is roughly 3 skulls in the HBS version.
I enjoy learning by playing, but failing to seriously damage that spider, I lost a mech a turn until Dekker and his Spider was the only one left.
I will try it again, but not on Iron Man mode. This is Mod makes a mockery of your previous experience.

Last edited:
After over thousand of hours of play, I would have guessed I am a more experienced player.

I would say so! It sounds like that Spider had been blessed with legendary protection. If you try it again, I hope you have a better time. It seems like in the Hyades Rim, regardless of how good the players choices are, pilots will die and mechs will get wrecked.