• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

iurimv

Recruit
Apr 20, 2021
I just clocked 32 minutes so that 2 computer factions and the NPCS could finish ONE SINGLE TURN EACH ar the last campaign’s scenario. I just gave up. In the first 5-8 turns, they’d take about 5. Which is a bit annoying, but i coped. After about 25 turns in, 15 minutes. So, after losing a shit ton of time, and wondering that maybe IT was something to do with the campaign, i tried a single custom scenario. Same problem. Enormous maps are just unplayable at this point. A shame.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just clocked 32 minutes so that 2 computer factions and the NPCS could finish ONE SINGLE TURN EACH ar the last campaign’s scenario. I just gave up. In the first 5-8 turns, they’d take about 5. Which is a bit annoying, but i coped. After about 25 turns in, 15 minutes. So, after losing a shit ton of time, and wondering that maybe IT was something to do with the campaign, i tried a single custom scenario. Same problem. Enormous maps are just unplayable at this point. A shame.
I agree. The PS4 has long turns in a lot of their games. I prefer to play small maps. Even medium is a bit much. I miss the tiny maps from the older age of wonders games.

Seems to be an issue with strategy games in general on PS4. Stellaris for example slows to a crawl on larger maps especially later on in the game when empires are very large and everyone has been discovered. Playing that game online is almost undoable because of how slow it is.

I imagine playing with less AI players on a map could help to speed things up?

It’s so frustrating. I can complete my turn in one minute, and then I’m waiting 20 minutes for the AI controlled player (yes, just one player) to take their turn. This means that when I’m “playing” this game I’m actually spending 5% of the time playing and the other 95% of the time I’m staring at the “Your opponents are moving” screen.
This has to be fixed.

What sizeturn are you on when this is happening? I've had that happen but never for 20 minutes, maybe a minute for me and it's always around turn 100 when there's a lot of colonies and armies on the map, but I normally only play small or medium sized maps
It’s so frustrating. I can complete my turn in one minute, and then I’m waiting 20 minutes for the AI controlled player (yes, just one player) to take their turn. This means that when I’m “playing” this game I’m actually spending 5% of the time playing and the other 95% of the time I’m staring at the “Your opponents are moving” screen.
This has to be fixed.

What size map are you playing and what turn are you on when this is happening? I've had that happen but never a 20 minute wait, maybe a minute for me and it's always around turn 100 when there's a lot of colonies and armies on the map, but I normally only play small or medium sized maps. I'm playing it on a regular PS4, not the pro version.

What sizeturn are you on when this is happening? I've had that happen but never for 20 minutes, maybe a minute for me and it's always around turn 100 when there's a lot of colonies and armies on the map, but I normally only play small or medium sized maps

What size map are you playing and what turn are you on when this is happening? I've had that happen but never a 20 minute wait, maybe a minute for me and it's always around turn 100 when there's a lot of colonies and armies on the map, but I normally only play small or medium sized maps. I'm playing it on a regular PS4, not the pro version.
I’m playing on the biggest map and it starts to get this bad around turn 60. I’m not a fan of small maps, I like huge maps and games that take weeks to finish.

syndi, vanila campain, second to last mission is huge, i also gave up. 20 30 min per turn for AIs

This has to be fixed.
Perhaps u should turn on quick movement on the map. I find this speeds it up immensely on my computer