• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am trying to add soldier jobs to the capital buildings and it works for organics but not for gestalts, even though I copied the code from the fort building:
Code:
triggered_planet_modifier = {
        potential = {
            exists = owner
            owner = { is_gestalt = no }
        }
        modifier = {
            job_soldier_add = @b2_jobs
        }
    }
works but
Code:
        potential = {
            exists = owner
            owner = { is_gestalt = yes }
        }
        modifier = {
            job_warrior_drone_add = @b2_jobs
        }
    }

doesn't.

What am I missing?

I am trying to add soldier jobs to the capital buildings and it works for organics but not for gestalts, even though I copied the code from the fort building:
Code:
        potential = {
            exists = owner
            owner = { is_gestalt = no }
        }
        modifier = {
            job_soldier_add = @b2_jobs
        }
    }
works but
Code:
        potential = {
            exists = owner
            owner = { is_gestalt = yes }
        }
        modifier = {
            job_warrior_drone_add = @b2_jobs
        }
    }

doesn't.

What am I missing?
Long shot, but are you adding them to the right capital buildings? Gestalts don't have the same capitals as normal empires.

Long shot, but are you adding them to the right capital buildings? Gestalts don't have the same capitals as normal empires.
That's what I thought too, but I didn't see a separate list for the gestalt capital buildings; in the file it says:

Code:
building_capital = {

convert_to = {
        building_hive_capital
        building_machine_capital
        building_resort_capital
        building_slave_capital
        building_ancient_control_center
        building_ancient_palace
    }

I checked to see if those are referenced anywhere else but no luck.

Gestalt Capitals are in the same file, below the Capital Buildings of Normal Empires. You can just search for the name, and will find them.
Thank you, that worked!

Another question: how do I increase the effects of experience on combat ability?

They're scripted as static modifiers in common\static_modifiers\00_static_modifiers.txt

army_rank_regular = { ... in line 1093 and everything in the block that follows.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Question with regards to habitable world anomalies, specifically the Distant Star one. They have the qualifier flag:

habitable_planet = yes

Would these anomalies be possible on Tomb Worlds? It's placed in a separate category from inhabitable planets in the planet classes folder.

Question with regards to habitable world anomalies, specifically the Distant Star one. They have the qualifier flag:

habitable_planet = yes

Would these anomalies be possible on Tomb Worlds? It's placed in a separate category from inhabitable planets in the planet classes folder.
habitable_planet is a scripted_trigger:

Code:
habitable_planet = {
    OR = {
        is_planet_class = pc_desert
        is_planet_class = pc_tropical
        is_planet_class = pc_arid
        is_planet_class = pc_continental
        is_planet_class = pc_ocean
        is_planet_class = pc_tundra
        is_planet_class = pc_arctic
        is_planet_class = pc_alpine
        is_planet_class = pc_savannah
        is_planet_class = pc_gaia
        is_planet_class = pc_relic
        is_planet_class = pc_city
    }
}

pc_nuked is not part of that list, so no.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am making a custom starting system, and I want to spawn The Vechtar Zavonia anomaly in it so that Paridayda appear nearby.
Trying to spawn the system directly using the neighbor_system doesn't work as I already tried that, so I decided to spawn the anomaly that start the event chain instead.
However, while the code below technically work, I need to use the console command survey to reveal it, which, since it also reveal the entire galaxy, is obviously not an option. And if I need to use console command to make the anomaly visible, might as use it to make it spawn and not care about the starting system.

Code:
planet = {
    class = pc_gas_giant
    orbit_distance = 40
    orbit_angle = { min = 90 max = 270 }
    size = 20
    has_ring = no
    init_effect = {
        add_anomaly = {
            category = debris_gasgiant_category_temp
        }
    }

change_orbit = @base_moon_distance

moon = {
        count = { min = 1 max = 3}
        class = pc_barren
        orbit_distance = 5
        orbit_angle = { min = 90 max = 270 }
        size = 10
    }
}

The whole file is attached to this post in case anyone want to check the rest.

Attachments

• solaria_system.txt
    1,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how has_sector_type works? I want to check to see if the current planet has is a part of the frontier sector or not. I found that there wasn't much written on what the game actually refers to the sectors as.

My code below is trying to apply a modifier to a planet if it isn't a part of any sector. I looked in the game files and found two types of sectors in common > sector_types: core_sector and normal_sector. core_sector works properly, but normal_sector isn't getting detected.

Does anyone know how the game refers to sectors that you create outside of the core sector you start out with? Thanks!

namespace = al
planet_event = {
id = al.adder
hide_window = no
trigger = {
NOT = {
sector = { has_sector_type = core_sector}
sector = { has_sector_type = normal_sector}
has_modifier = frontier_independence
}
}
is_triggered_only = yes
immediate = {
add_modifier = {
modifier = frontier_independence
days = -1
}
}
}

Anyone know how to make a ship set, like the Imperial one from Nemesis, that doesn't require a species type to match it? I'm trying to customise the Legend of Galactic Heroes ship mod so it doesn't create the infuriating "Galactic Empire" type of species.

One of the mods that I am using caused no first contact events to appear. How do I figure out which mod is the problem?

Deactivate them one by one until you find the culprit.

So I have a mod which increases celestial bodies in a system. For some reason or another, first contact with other empires is immediate. I can see their home planet, no intel disc pops up and thats basically it. I don't think my mod Should be causing this problem but it is. Any ideas which files could cause the first contact protocol not to fire correctly?

Edit:
Apparently primitive civilizations was the cause. Weirdness. That or the fact I needed the commented out line about intel at the top of the file.

Last edited:
Can you create Federations by event/decision? Does "set_federation_leader" create a new Federation or can it only be used to make someone the leader of an existing one?

I'm playing with 40 or so, so that's not really a workable option. I'd probably need to start a couple dozen games of Stellaris and play them for a few years just to figure that out under that method.
Not to mention that for some of us the game need 10+ minutes to go from launcher to the main menu, and play with hundreds of mods.

For 40 mods, at 10 minutes per mod, it would take 400 minutes, or ~6.7 hours, to find the culprit, and that is not counting actually starting and playings games to find the problem.

I'm playing with 40 or so, so that's not really a workable option. I'd probably need to start a couple dozen games of Stellaris and play them for a few years just to figure that out under that method.

1) Deactivate all but one mod.
2) Start a new game.
3) Open the console and enter "survey".
4) You should get lots of first contact chains right away. If not, the active mod is the culprit. Otherwise, close the game and try it again with another mod enbaled.

1) Deactivate all but one mod.
2) Start a new game.
3) Open the console and enter "survey".
4) You should get lots of first contact chains right away. If not, the active mod is the culprit. Otherwise, close the game and try it again with another mod enbaled.
Thank you so much! I found the problem (it was the Photosynthesis mod, which I didn't think would be a problem, but it makes sense since it hasn't been updated in a while).

Is it possible for a custom species mod to be achievement compatible? How is it done if possible?

EDIT: I meant custom species portrait mod.

Last edited: