• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We know that [insert DLC] and [insert patch] did not live up to the expectations you and we had set for this release. We’ve been hard at work getting the [insert patch + 0.01] hotfix out to you as soon as possible, and we feel confident that it will solve many of the most glaring issues that we have collected and identified. We have identified and corrected some issues in our production process based on learnings from this release and are taking concrete action - both to fix the existing issues and to ensure future releases meet the quality you expect.

[Insert patch + 0.01] is now available through Steam; it should be compatible with [insert patch - 0.1] saves (but we cannot guarantee this), and we have already begun work on [insert patch + 0.02] which will provide more updates in the very near future.

We apologize if you haven’t been able to enjoy [insert patch] and [insert DLC] the way we had hoped for, but we hope you’ll give it another look with these fixes in place. Our goal is for you to be able to enjoy it now, and for the foreseeable future.

• 90Haha
  • 10Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
It was deleted, I assume as it was very vague and soulless and criticised for it that he's gonna write something more detailed and satisfying.
This is the 4th time he's had to issue an apology for his brief stint back in control of EU4 and being the great man I'm sure he is, he needs time to make some plans for effective changes and to communicate it thusly

• 18Haha
Reactions:
1619626450218.png

Source: Steam Forums

• 15Like
Reactions:
I don't care about apologies. I mean , they achieve nothing. What I do care about is being able to enjoy my free time with the games I play and getting value for money into the bargain.
I used to play most PDX games. Now I'm down to one, stellaris. It looks like EU4 is now out of it.
PDX seem to steadily be ruining everything for me. HOI is now just bad. CK is now too shallow. EU is now unbalanced.
The push to make profits has changed PDX for the worse IMO.

Reactions:
It was deleted, I assume as it was very vague and soulless and criticised for it that he's gonna write something more detailed and satisfying.
OR it was deleted after they realized it aged very badly in the span of the few hours it took for the save corruption issues to become noticed.
I don't care about apologies. I mean , they achieve nothing.
Remarkably, that's the same thing a PDX guy (I think it was Johan) wrote in one of the earlier discussion threads as a comment: 'we didnt make a big apology because I think actions speak louder than works, and we'll just focus on putting out a fix instead'
Which (the failure of the fix nonwithstanding) is a fair sentiment,

but I think it misses the critical issue that the public wants to know precisely the reason WHY this all happened in first place. Not a generic "sorry it happened, won't happen again" apology but a "sorry it happened, the causes were x y and z, we will now take those measures to prevent the same causes causing issues in future" one. Because without that latter part, you kinda imply that you didn't actually solve the root cause, and thus the same mistakes are going to happen again in future,
same as how people are rightfully pointing out that this is FAR from the first time that plainly obvious bugs slipped through PDX QA.

Reactions:
OR it was deleted after they realized it aged very badly in the span of the few hours it took for the save corruption issues to become noticed.

Remarkably, that's the same thing a PDX guy (I think it was Johan) wrote in one of the earlier discussion threads as a comment: 'we didnt make a big apology because I think actions speak louder than works, and we'll just focus on putting out a fix instead'
Which (the failure of the fix nonwithstanding) is a fair sentiment,

but I think it misses the critical issue that the public wants to know precisely the reason WHY this all happened in first place. Not a generic "sorry it happened, won't happen again" apology but a "sorry it happened, the causes were x y and z, we will now take those measures to prevent the same causes causing issues in future" one. Because without that latter part, you kinda imply that you didn't actually solve the root cause, and thus the same mistakes are going to happen again in future,
same as how people are rightfully pointing out that this is FAR from the first time that plainly obvious bugs slipped through PDX QA.
This 'actions speak louder than words' thing is a cynical attempt to deflect criticism. We shouldn't let up and we should keep on demanding an explanation, as you say, because that's what we really want right now.

Reactions: