HoI4 Dev Teasers (previously Podcat's Twitter Teasers)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Must be tech-bloat for tanks. Either directly or via modules.
99% it is a module designer because otherwise it is not big enough to headline a DLC. If it was something smaller, it wouldn't be in the 4th diary already. Get ready for the "I was sceptical but now I'll have to pre-order this DLC" posts.
If this is a tank designer I pray to god the AI handles it better than the ship one
Hey, you'll have to save that completely unexpected concern for after everyone has forked out twenty bucks!

Edit: I'll also put "vanilla version tank stats get messed up in the transition" on my bingo card.

Last edited:
  • 11Haha
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I hope if they do tech designer they have reasonable decent “pre-made templates” where you can “autocomplete” the tank for you if you push the button. That way people like me (who don’t know the tank meta) can have an easier time playing with it. It would probably also help the Ai

• 4Like
Reactions:
I absolutely hate the idea of a tank designer... Just another unnecessary point of complexity and AI breaking point.

Hope this isn't it.
To be fair, with both the ship designer and now (perhaps) a vehicle/tank designer, I hope they'll add options in the launcher to disable them without disabling the DLC.
And I say that as a player who loves the ship designer ;) . I just realise they're a pretty big time-sink and too much micro for people who don't have a particular interest in that aspect of the game.

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well, let's see how it is executed. I really expect nothing considering how shallow the naval designer is, but maybe modders make a good use of the system.

Reactions:
So this is going to be the dlc of things people asked for without really considering the consequences. Hopefully I'll be surprised and a tank designer will be simple and elegant, but my hopes are rock bottom.

• 3Like
Reactions:
You fools, how could you get a prediction so wrong? Did you already forget about what was said in the supply DD? We're getting an armored trains designer! How can you not see this coming‽

• 10Haha
  • 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I absolutely hate the idea of a tank designer... Just another unnecessary point of complexity and AI breaking point.

Hope this isn't it.

Agreed entirely.

I've argued against this idea of a module system for tanks for a long time. So many reasons this isn't a good addition at all.

Tanks aren't individual entities like ships are. They're just battalions in a division that is a mere aggregate of stats... a module system would just play around with the average numbers for armor division stats but actually bring no new gameplay to the table while introducing tech bloat and micromanagement headaches with more buttons to press.

Can't see how this could at all be a good addition without RADICAL changes to the combat system where individual tanks are modelled in combat. Needless to say, the chances of this happen are close to nil. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong, but I'd be quite surprised if I am.

While the naval combat rework was itself good, the ship designer/module system felt like a definite step back. Just added needless complexity while adding so much tech bloat that for most countries you'd never even get to use any of it. HOI4: the game where it is easier for Australia to research(and produce!) nuclear bombs than to design a modern destroyer(and forget about even having cruisers at all!).

• 11Like
Reactions: