The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20210420222152_1.jpg

Exactly how did Delhi learn about northern Australia, the western African coast, and the Central American highlands without learning about the places in between?

I mean, it's nice to get the age bonus for discovering the Americas but also it's super-weird.

Reactions:
Exactly how did Delhi learn about northern Australia, the western African coast, and the Central American highlands without learning about the places in between?

I mean, it's nice to get the age bonus for discovering the Americas but also it's super-weird.

This bug happen often when you play with the start date, and then start a new game without reloading the game. It can affect other stuff too, like having new cores for some nations.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This bug happen often when you play with the start date, and then start a new game without reloading the game. It can affect other stuff too, like having new cores for some nations.
Ah thank you. Thought I remembered hearing about it somewhere but couldn't remember the cause. I think what happened to me is I selected an old save file before changing my mind and starting this game as Delhi.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have a collection of rare, odd, and unique things in my current game, without my intervention.

So here is my Europe:
0yZ7Shc.png

Pretty much impossible to spot everything weird, so let's zoom on some unique things:
SlaWp40.png

Independant Armagnac, allied to OPM Britanny and OPM Aragon. They survive untouched there since more than 100 years, between France and Castile. France lost their cores there and none of the 2 powers are interested in Armagnac so they might actually survive forever.

f990RBE.png

Independant Catalonia allied to Castile and holding the provinces preventing them from forming Spain.

iX6t736.png

Portugal being bigger than Castile.

tvcJFhW.png
Reformed France having a PU on Orleans, who only owns Valois and not Orléans.

wv4qhqu.png

The Pope enjoying the Baleares. Also a nice Two Sicilies holding Corsica and Sardinia... and...

noWI53D.png

The Emirate of Sardinia basically being Tunis.

All of this chaos actually comes from one single thing: Aragon got a PU on Castile in 1446, which France contested and lost. That led to a French explosion and to Portugal taking a huge lead over Castile in colonization and expansion (taking Granada and North Africa). Eventually, Castile revolted with the help of France and Portugal, and Aragon almost died.

Eastern Europe is pretty unique too:
MGTtylo.png

Poland chose a local noble and eventually fell in a PU under Sweden. Lithuania + Poland were repeatedly beating Muscovy, but once Lithuania lost Poland, they started losing ground to Muscovy again, but both countries are a complete failure, keep revolting and bankrupting, and Sunni AI Perm actually just won a war against Muscovy.

The HRE is actually the less random area, even if it is entirely Protestant/Reformed, with Wurtemberg as the Emperor since the League Wars.

Asia isn't bad either by the way:
TLCerIN.png

Stable AI Uzbek (but this is VH so this probably helps them), and Manchu and Japan fighting over control of Korea. Ming started exploding twice but somehow came back both times. This is the third time they're in a disaster, this time with Nomad frontier because of Manchu. Usually they either collapse early or remain stable, here they passed all reforms but keep revolting and have low mandate more often than not. I'm hoping for AI Qing, this looks very possible.

Edit: Wait, I had not even looked at Africa. What is that Africa? That has to be the strangest one actually.
E98dMMo.png

Kilwa and Ethiopia gone. Blobbing Kaffa, Mombasa, Sofala, and Antemoro (the weakest of all the tags on Madagascar iirc).

Edit:
Did not notice Nogai switched to Rurikovich dynasty (no idea how) until I got a Rurikovich consort from them.
wAczBHk.png

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Stable AI Uzbek (but this is VH so this probably helps them), and Manchu and Japan fighting over control of Korea. Ming started exploding twice but somehow came back both times. This is the third time they're in a disaster, this time with Nomad frontier because of Manchu. Usually they either collapse early or remain stable, here they passed all reforms but keep revolting and have low mandate more often than not. I'm hoping for AI Qing, this looks very possible.
The mad lads did it.
aTWBPWn.png

AI Qing allied to AI Bukhara. I may have had an indirect influence on Uzbek even if I did not help them, but I definitely had no impact on Qing.

Ming's collapse leads to the strangest wars:
1619342618009.png

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
I have to stop and just accept that this is the weirdest save I've ever had, but this just keeps on giving.

Knight Savoy.png

How the hell did they get here?

• 6Like
Reactions:
I have to stop and just accept that this is the weirdest save I've ever had, but this just keeps on giving.

View attachment 709266
How the hell did they get here?

The Knights have Occitan culture, so their rebels may appear in Occitan culture provinces after they don't exist anymore in Rhodes (I'm not sure if it's only in this occasion though). In this case they did and AI gave in to their demands, and there they are!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Here they existed in Rhodes, but that's what happened, ty.

Knight Savoy.png

(yes this is now Revolutionary The Knights, landlocked OPM in Savoy).

• 6Haha
  • 2Love
Reactions:
England had a really hard time in the Hundred Years War, and France and Scotland both grabbed some land. But now France has its own share of issues after Burgundy chose in favor of the Habsburgs. Not every day you see Austrian occupations in Britain! Will be interesting to see how this pans out, a Scottish Great Britain would be really neat to see.

20210503212021_1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
England had a really hard time in the Hundred Years War, and France and Scotland both grabbed some land. But now France has its own share of issues after Burgundy chose in favor of the Habsburgs. Not every day you see Austrian occupations in Britain! Will be interesting to see how this pans out, a Scottish Great Britain would be really neat to see.

View attachment 714436
UK can into HRE! (Atleast parts of it, maybe...)

OK Haasa...

20210504171858_1.jpg

I vassalized a rump Gujarat (four provinces in Saurashtra) via an estate subjugation CB, after they had over 400 AE on me (hence the -200 relations and disloyalty). Only some decades later did they get a 2PM, 14 dev Haasa to support independence.

• 9Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Safe to say there is still something dodgy going on with AE in 1.31. Vijayanagar finds itself in a bit of trouble...

On a positive note I finally got that "grand coalition" achievement that has been bugging me for years!

20210514174454_1.jpg

• 9Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: